Brontoforumus Archive

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This board has been fossilized.
You are reading an archive of Brontoforumus, a.k.a. The Worst Forums Ever, from 2008 to early 2014.  Registration and posting (for most members) has been disabled here to discourage spambots from taking over.  Old members can still log in to view boards, PMs, etc.

The new message board is at http://brontoforum.us.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 ... 39

Author Topic: Make mine doodles  (Read 61920 times)

Royal☭

• Supreme Court Judge President
  • Tested
    • View Profile
Re: Make mine doodles
« Reply #80 on: March 20, 2009, 10:04:43 AM »

Perhaps if the man in the middle were Doctor Who, the ladies sitting next to him were Queen Elizabeth and Judi Dench while being served tea from a buck-toothed woman in a Union Jack apron.  Then it would be British.  Right now everyone just looks normal.  And you know who normal people are, right?  Americans.

Brentai

• https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DnXYVlPgX_o
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: March 20, 2009, 10:41:45 AM »

How the fuck would you know?  Aren't you from Texas?

Disposable Ninja

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: March 20, 2009, 11:09:12 AM »

Pretty good picture. However, and I don't mean to sound like a dick here, but I really think you ought to look into getting into some life drawing classes / workshops, because your anatomy is pretty weak.

Classic

• Happens more often than you'd think.
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: March 20, 2009, 12:51:12 PM »

But... He's not going for proper anatomy? :nyoro~n: It looks pretty intentional.
The only thing that looks a little off is the standing woman's head in relation to the rest of her body. Just a little too big, but nothing really off-putting.

Mongrel

• Emoticon Knight-Errant
  • kodePunc Team
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: March 20, 2009, 01:43:29 PM »

Yeah, I mean, I thought it was clear I have a half-cartoon style.

While I enjoy vague pointless heckling as much as the next man, that really doesn't help me see what you think looks wrong.

Mongrel

• Emoticon Knight-Errant
  • kodePunc Team
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: March 20, 2009, 01:44:21 PM »

2nd thought:

My weakest point is my colour-and-paint work, which greatly affects shading and form. I drew in outline only, with little or no shading for decades. That's not an excuse. I've been working on that for some time, and it remains a priority, but it's still my weakest point.

I don't know if that's what you're looking at. However, since my MIND-READING skillz are not up to par, well... Maybe you're just pissed that they're not barefoot?

:derp:

Disposable Ninja

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: March 20, 2009, 02:03:13 PM »

No, her general form and posture is what's a little off. Her head is kind of messed up. Like you said, it's too big, but aside from that her eyes need to be a little lower and her ear doesn't appear to be part of her face.

To reiterate, not trying to be a dick. Just trying to offer some constructive criticism. The colors are well chosen and interesting, and the background work looks just fab.

Warning - while you were typing 2 new replies have been posted. You may wish to review your post.

Okay, time to be a dick. Her left hand is fucked up, and they're both kind of big, and you should be able to see her left shoulder as well, and her left arm is too long. Her legs are poorly positioned and it makes it look like she's posing. Given her litheness, she needs an indention in her abdomen.

And I don't mind that she's not barefoot. I'd just prefer she not have a manface. There, I said it.

Now, I didn't say any of that before because I was hoping you'd try and figure it out for yourself.

ADDENDUM: also, there's a difference between mere cartoon anatomy and straight-up bad anatomy.

Lady Duke

• Shiny Ranger
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: March 20, 2009, 02:47:09 PM »

I only have two criticisms: the chick on the couch on the right, the one with the green shoes, those green shoes are way too flat.  Her feet are just very flat looking.  And otherwise, the only thing I don't like is the door's coloring--the wood looks meh.

SCD

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: March 20, 2009, 02:56:49 PM »

Er, what exactly is a two star Air Farce general doing offering tea and biscuits to those hobos, and the terrorist on the right?  You know she's up to no good from the look in her eye...

And where exactly is the husband?  Shouldn't he be the one passing out the tea and biscuits?

Mongrel

• Emoticon Knight-Errant
  • kodePunc Team
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: March 20, 2009, 03:44:56 PM »

Now, I didn't say any of that before because I was hoping you'd try and figure it out for yourself.

Smooooooooooth save.

Classic

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: March 20, 2009, 06:30:37 PM »

How does she have a manface?
I mean, it's a bigger head than it "should" be... Probably because the ear is weird in its placement relative to the hinge of her jaw... But...

Oh, also:
ADDENDUM: also, there's a difference between mere cartoon anatomy and straight-up bad anatomy.
It seems like you're complaining about his deviations in general instead of the stuff that's off "in the context of the image"...
Though, I'd be keen on seeing I_M take his hand at drawing some properly proportioned humans as well.

JDigital

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: March 20, 2009, 07:15:28 PM »

I thought it looked fine, although if you want to pick over the anatomy to improve your art then you should feel free.

Classic

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: March 20, 2009, 07:36:46 PM »

Outside of the ear and left hand not looking like they're quite put together properly, I can imagine that "pose" being made by a person in motion. The human body can and does adopt some awkward and unmaintainable positions while we're in motion.

I don't know what kind of training that DN has on the subject. The proportions seemed more-or-less right to me, but my "training" is just looking at too many cartoons and webcomics. So make of the comments what you will.

Mongrel

• Emoticon Knight-Errant
  • kodePunc Team
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: March 20, 2009, 07:39:05 PM »

The human body can and does adopt some awkward and unmaintainable positions while we're in motion.

Any other thoughts I might have aside, this should never be used as an excuse for anything in an artwork. 

Brentai

• https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DnXYVlPgX_o
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: March 20, 2009, 08:01:05 PM »

It can, however, be used as a reason.

Büge

• won't give you fleaz
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: March 21, 2009, 07:25:11 AM »

The human body can and does adopt some awkward and unmaintainable positions while we're in motion.

Any other thoughts I might have aside, this should never be used as an excuse for anything in an artwork. 

Saaay... that reminds me of a pet peeve. Excuse me.

Stush

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: May 19, 2009, 05:42:31 AM »

MUSCLE LADY

Ted Belmont

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: May 19, 2009, 07:09:57 AM »

She's so muscly her swimsuit has veins.

The Artist Formerly Known As Yoji

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: May 27, 2009, 01:23:48 PM »

I feel like such a slouch compared to the other stuff that's rolled through here lately. Oh well.

I don't know why, but I felt like doing my role from The Good, The Bad, and The Werewolf.

... :shrug:

Mothra

• ┐('~`;)┌ w/e
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: May 27, 2009, 03:07:29 PM »

Whoa, I like this. Nice gradientin'!
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 ... 39