Brontoforumus Archive

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This board has been fossilized.
You are reading an archive of Brontoforumus, a.k.a. The Worst Forums Ever, from 2008 to early 2014.  Registration and posting (for most members) has been disabled here to discourage spambots from taking over.  Old members can still log in to view boards, PMs, etc.

The new message board is at http://brontoforum.us.

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Drawing 101  (Read 2905 times)

wug

• Untested
    • View Profile
Re: Drawing 101
« Reply #20 on: July 25, 2010, 09:49:36 AM »

So are you saying you have trouble starting compositions? I'm not sure if this is what you're looking for but it's worth a shot.

Lottel

• You know that's right
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 25, 2010, 11:45:59 AM »

Looks pretty good. I think it's one of those things where you keep drawing and you'll learn the tiny little rules you break every time you draw. Slowly, over time, you'll come to realize how much you've changed because of the tiny little rules you learned.

Disposable Ninja

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 25, 2010, 12:08:32 PM »

Actually watching an experienced artist go from a blank sheet of paper to a finished drawing is likely the most important thing. I'm great at detail work but where the fuck do you even start? Art classes I've taken have only touched on sketching before committing any solid lines - the process of outlining is an utter mystery to me. I know simple shapes are involved, I guess, but it's frustrating having every book I pick up start into art history and drawing poses without telling me how to get the fucking structure of the picture up.

The thing with the light blue lines and the shapes! This is that pivotal first step, the foundation, which is annoyingly difficult to find anyone talking in-depth about.

There's a lot of talk in this thread and NO PICTURES.

Good point. LET'S DRAW! I'mma gonna make a pin-up-type illustration of this green lady here

(Her name is Alana, she is supposed to have a robot arm which I haven't designed yet, which is why she doesn't have arms yet). Anyway, I've already made a few loose sketches and picked out my favorite:

I'll chronicle drawing so ya'lls can see how I do it. I suggest those of you who can also draw chronicle your own illustrations.

EvaKisu

• Tested
    • View Profile
    • The Art of Kaitlin McCullough
« Reply #23 on: February 04, 2011, 01:36:35 AM »

http://www.youtube.com/user/FZDSCHOOL

Check this guy out, he goes step by step on what he's doing. These video he shots are from his classes, so he also talks as he goes. I've used him a time or to on different techniques.

Disposable Ninja

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 25, 2012, 06:10:36 AM »

Man, that's embarrassing, promising to make an illustration and not following up on it. WHATEVER.

Here, I just discovered this blog called Babe Lab. It looks like a pretty great resource on drawing sexy ladies. It's also very NSFW, because it's a resource on drawing sexy ladies.

Büge

• won't give you fleaz
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 25, 2012, 07:11:25 AM »

Bookmark'd

Mongrel

• Emoticon Knight-Errant
  • kodePunc Team
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 25, 2012, 07:49:41 AM »

I'll peruse the link after I get home, but all I'll say is the single best thing you can do to enhance your ability to draw sexy ladies is: Be a woman.

Brentai

• https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DnXYVlPgX_o
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 25, 2012, 08:17:43 AM »

This trend does not apply in the reverse.
Pages: 1 [2]