Brontoforumus Archive

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This board has been fossilized.
You are reading an archive of Brontoforumus, a.k.a. The Worst Forums Ever, from 2008 to early 2014.  Registration and posting (for most members) has been disabled here to discourage spambots from taking over.  Old members can still log in to view boards, PMs, etc.

The new message board is at http://brontoforum.us.

Author Topic: It's RPGMaker Time  (Read 380 times)

Disposable Ninja

• Tested
    • View Profile
It's RPGMaker Time
« on: December 28, 2013, 01:49:18 PM »

I want to make an RPG. I've been wanting to make an RPG. If you want to help, here's a link to RPG Maker VX Ace on Steam, which is 35 dollars until January 2nd, and a link to RPG Maker VX Ace Lite, which is free. I intend to monetize this game. Here's my proposal:

Story in Three Acts
Act 1: Introduction
Act 2: Adventure in Three Arcs
Act 3: The Endgame and Endgame Sidequests

Eight Heroes
The Main Character
2 Allies who join in the Introduction
4 Allies who join over the course of the Adventure in Three Arcs
1 Optional Ally

Using these parameters, here's how the game should play out:

Act 1 -
1-2 Towns
2-3 Dungeons
2 Allies Join The Main Character, One of whom is already the MC's friend or acquaintance, the Other a new ally

Act 2, Arc 1 -
1-2 Towns
2 Dungeons
2 Allies Join

Act 2, Arc 2 -
1-2 Towns
2 Dungeons
2 Allies Join

Act 2, Arc 3 -
1-2 Towns
2 Dungeons

Act 3 -
6-8 Optional Dungeons/Sidequests, One for Each Character possibly excluding the Main Character and the Optional Character
2 Final Dungeons

This is the framework, the formula by which the game will be built around. Beyond this, I'm open to ideas. If you want to join me in crafting this game, please PM me, but also consider buying RPG Maker. If you can't afford to throw away money on a pipe dream, use the Lite version.

Disposable Ninja

• Tested
    • View Profile
Re: It's RPGMaker Time
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2013, 02:12:18 PM »

I should note, the "Framework", as described above, is merely a model onto which we can project our story. It's a grounding mechanism, to keep us from drifting too far into needless details and keep the story from growing too grandiose. If the inevitable end product strays from the Framework, that's fine.

That said, I do want us to flex our imagination-muscles. That's why I'm proposing that everything, from the story, to the world, to the characters and gameplay, be conceived by the group. Everyone will have their say, everyone will have their part.