Brontoforumus Archive

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This board has been fossilized.
You are reading an archive of Brontoforumus, a.k.a. The Worst Forums Ever, from 2008 to early 2014.  Registration and posting (for most members) has been disabled here to discourage spambots from taking over.  Old members can still log in to view boards, PMs, etc.

The new message board is at http://brontoforum.us.

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 [20]

Author Topic: Talkin' About Sharkey  (Read 34183 times)

Shinra

• Big Juicy Winners
  • Tested
    • View Profile
Re: Talkin' About Sharkey
« Reply #380 on: December 09, 2012, 05:00:15 AM »

all "it's a wonderful life" jokes aside, that is literally sharkey's twitter feed right now.

I am in for what I can spare. I think we all owe the Shark-Man for this community, which is ostensibly not about Sharkey anymore, but certainly was at one time. Thanks, boss.

Brentai

• https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DnXYVlPgX_o
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: December 10, 2012, 08:49:28 AM »

I'll be sending this out at lunchtime today (noon PST), so last call.

Also, if you already did something else, let me know and I'll add it to my match.  Thanks.

MarsDragon

• NO FUCKS LEFT TO GIVE
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: December 10, 2012, 09:54:01 AM »

Check in the mail! Pick up is at one and it's 11 now, so it should get to Sharkey tomorrow or Wednesday. I hope that's enough time.

Brentai

• Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: December 10, 2012, 10:13:46 AM »

Ha ha ha some idiot scheduled a demo at lunchtime today I guess I'm leaving in about an hour then

Brentai

• Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: December 10, 2012, 12:48:09 PM »

Sent.

Sharkey if you tear that up I swear to God I will find you and make you pay back the shipping on it.

Sharkey

• Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: December 13, 2012, 11:43:48 AM »

Just got everything. That covered the last of it almost to the dime. I already sent him a check, with this and next month's rent and grocery budget covering the difference. I knew you guys would come through. I'm going to have to write a proper response this weekend. Seems like a good way to break in a new website. Just... holy shit. You guys can't have any idea what you just did.

Joxam

• The Transformizzle
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
    • Shadowrun
« Reply #386 on: December 13, 2012, 12:08:19 PM »

I like that as a group we've gotten to the point were we can do things like this for one and other. It makes me feel all grown up inside.

MarsDragon

• NO FUCKS LEFT TO GIVE
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: December 13, 2012, 04:22:51 PM »

Just got everything. That covered the last of it almost to the dime. I already sent him a check, with this and next month's rent and grocery budget covering the difference. I knew you guys would come through. I'm going to have to write a proper response this weekend. Seems like a good way to break in a new website. Just... holy shit. You guys can't have any idea what you just did.

Wait, did you have to use your own rent and grocery budget? D:

Do you need help now?

Shinra

• Big Juicy Winners
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: December 13, 2012, 07:05:57 PM »

Wait, did you have to use your own rent and grocery budget? D:

Do you need help now?

I think the idea is that our contribution covered the rent/food portion that he'd already sent out.

I'm glad we were able to help you save christmas, Sharkey.

Brentai

• Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: December 13, 2012, 08:37:32 PM »

I already sent him a check, with this and next month's rent and grocery budget covering the difference.

I was confused for a bit until I realized that meant "this month's and next month's rent" rather than "this check and next month's rent".  At least I hope that's what he meant.  Sent off a PM hoping he can swoop back in for a second and clarify.

Sharkey

• Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #390 on: December 13, 2012, 09:30:45 PM »

Er, yeah. I'm groovy with expenses now. The last check that came in hit what I'd already covered, give or take ten bucks. Couldn't have cut it much closer, but hey, I guess I've got faith in something. Feeling both awesome and humbled right now. Gonna watch cheesy holiday cartoons and make fun of them with the dog. Maybe string lights on that thing I was watering before it broke loose and started rolling around the yard and I realized it was a tumbleweed.

TA

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: May 21, 2013, 04:19:37 AM »

Where's Sharkey working these days?  Is it still in the games journalism anywhere?
Do you understand how terrifying the words “vibrating strap on” are for an asexual? That’s like saying “the holocaust” to a Jew.

Sharkey

• Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: May 21, 2013, 06:30:57 AM »

Not really. I've spent the last few months depressed and doing pretty much fuckall. I should probably get back on the stick at some point.

Or put together a new website and become a famous internet blogger.

TA

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: May 21, 2013, 02:09:14 PM »

Hm.  Gimme a holler at some point, I might have something for you that'd be pretty rich in Content.
Do you understand how terrifying the words “vibrating strap on” are for an asexual? That’s like saying “the holocaust” to a Jew.

Cthulhu-chan

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: August 16, 2013, 06:03:31 PM »

Your name came up in passing on /v/ regarding Parish and associated.  Just wanted to say that you are remembered fondly on the 'chans as that improbably stylish asshole from the internet.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 [20]