Brontoforumus Archive

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This board has been fossilized.
You are reading an archive of Brontoforumus, a.k.a. The Worst Forums Ever, from 2008 to early 2014.  Registration and posting (for most members) has been disabled here to discourage spambots from taking over.  Old members can still log in to view boards, PMs, etc.

The new message board is at http://brontoforum.us.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 ... 173

Author Topic: Shit Days  (Read 216039 times)

Büge

• won't give you fleaz
  • Tested
    • View Profile
Re: Shit Days
« Reply #80 on: May 18, 2008, 07:38:43 AM »

Okay, this is just priceless. Now she's hidden the PS2.

You know, because she might have walked in on me rubbing it against my vaseline-coated body!

Mongrel

• Emoticon Knight-Errant
  • kodePunc Team
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: May 18, 2008, 08:51:18 AM »

Dropped the bike in the rain today, with me underneath it. Hnnnrg.

My fault, I was being stupid and following too close. Now I get to replace my left side turn signals.

That's the thing about crash bars though, is that they make all the difference between $50 damage and no injuries to speak of, vs $1500 damage and getting squashed. Didn't rip up my jeans (I'm not a fashion whore, it's just impossible to find anything my size), didn't smash my phone (despite it being in my left pocket), didn't actually HIT the car I was braking to avoid... so not too bad.

Guild

• High-Bullshit
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: May 18, 2008, 10:28:06 AM »

It's 200 degrees at my house and the trees around here drop a thick yellow coat of pollen which I am highly allergic to. I keep my windows open to avoid cooking in my juices but the resultant allergen-induced bloody throat and 24/7 sinus headache are making Jack a very dull boy.

Bal

• Cheerful in the face of nuclear armageddon
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: May 18, 2008, 11:06:10 AM »

It's 200 degrees at my house and the trees around here drop a thick yellow coat of pollen which I am highly allergic to. I keep my windows open to avoid cooking in my juices but the resultant allergen-induced bloody throat and 24/7 sinus headache are making Jack a very dull boy.

Do you live in Arizona? You can ski on the drifts of mesquite pollen we get around here.

Guild

• High-Bullshit
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: May 18, 2008, 11:11:19 AM »

The northern foothills of California.

I'm reallly a huge temperature pussy. I shiver in 60 degree weather and sweat when it hits 85.

I'm sure I'd be just fine with the damn windows closed but I'd rather suffer and bleed than feel mildly uncomfortable.

SCD

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: May 19, 2008, 10:26:42 AM »

I will, however, say that it was terribly discourteous of her to look into a job offer for teaching in Korea that would require her to leave at the end of July, a fact I was informed of on Tuesday.

While the rest of the issues may be a result of her being beyond reason, this tidbit is something that is pretty normal for people such as myself.  Usually a month and a half notice is the minimum I would inform my roomie, under good conscience.

Bonus points if I get it to match with the beginning of a semester.

François

• Huh.
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: June 05, 2008, 04:21:27 PM »

My brother, who works as a gas station attendant, at night and alone, was robbed at gunpoint last night. He's didn't get hurt, but still. I'm sure some of you live in places where you get shot at five times before breakfast, but to me the event is kind of surreal.

When he called his dumb bitch manager to get her to give the security tapes to the police, she didn't want to at first because it was late at night and she wanted to sleep.

Plus she made him finish his shift.

Guild

• High-Bullshit
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: June 05, 2008, 04:23:31 PM »

I'd sue.

Mongrel

• Emoticon Knight-Errant
  • kodePunc Team
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: June 05, 2008, 04:35:42 PM »

Brentai

• https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DnXYVlPgX_o
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: June 05, 2008, 08:48:31 PM »

I'd go home.

jsnlxndrlv

• Custom Title
  • Tested
    • View Profile
    • Website title
« Reply #90 on: June 24, 2008, 05:09:10 AM »

So: twenty minutes before I was scheduled to shut down the service desk and leave work last night, in walks a certain prominent member of a certain prominent local family.  Regardless of the family's reputation, they have a history of questionable dealings with the store.  (Items are returned to the store minus up to half their contents; presented identification is expired, out-of-state, or otherwise suspect; constant appeals to authority uninvolved in the transaction, etc.)  The usual song-and-dance routine ensues.  Thirty minutes after I was supposed to leave, I finally shut down the service desk and clock out for the day.

Half-way home, a state trooper pulls me over, because I'd forgotten that I still hadn't gotten new tags from the DMV.  On top of that, my insurance expired three weeks ago, so I get to pay two tickets instead of one.  At least I wasn't speeding.

I finally got to my house for the first time in a week (usually over at my girlfriend's or parents') only to discover that the internet's out for scheduled service.  So much for splatterhousen!

:scanners:
Signature:
Signatures are displayed at the bottom of each post or personal message. BBCode and smileys may be used in your signature.

Thad

• Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
    • corporate-sellout.com
« Reply #91 on: September 12, 2008, 11:57:31 PM »

MY DAY

11:00: Wake up.  This sounds like I slept late, but I've been sick for the past couple weeks and basically hibernating.  I slept poorly last night and get up tired; I get up because I'm supposed to have a phone interview at 1:00.

1:00: Don't know if it's the cold or something I ate, but my intestines are screaming.  But I dare not go to the bathroom, because the phone's supposed to ring any minute.

1:20: Phone still has not rung.  Fuck this.  Grab latest issue of Booster Gold, destroy bathroom.

1:50: Call company to ask what happened to my interview.  My HR contact has gone home for the day and I don't know who I'm supposed to be interviewing with, so the receptionist can't help me.

2:00: E-Mail HR contact; ask to reschedule.

3:00: Go to do some menial work on one of grandparents' rental houses, seeing as I don't have a real job.  Scrub windows and blinds and screw faceplates back on outlets for several hours.  It's not that I think this kind of work is beneath me, but a big part of why I got my degree WAS so I'd never have to do it again.

The neighborhood is one of contrasts.  I can hear loud mariachi music coming from one person's front yard, and see the Confederate flag flying in another's backyard.

6:20: Go home, shower, start load of laundry.  Screw around on computer.

8:00: Phone call from girl I haven't spoken to in over a year (we've had E-Mail contact but she's been in Korea).  Nice, long conversation where we catch up.

8:40: Go to grandparents' for dinner.  Watch latest classic I have gotten from Netflix, The Wild One.

11:00: Come home.  Change laundry, feed cats, grab Fat Tire from fridge, sit down at computer.

12:30: Ban SoraCross.

...So actually, it was really only the FIRST half of my day that was a shit day; the last half was pretty awesome.  I'm going to call this one a wash.

Brentai

• Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: September 28, 2008, 11:36:57 PM »

My car's on fire, I'm stuck in LA, and I'm using a Mac.

Classic

• Happens more often than you'd think.
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: September 28, 2008, 11:44:59 PM »

Taken all together, these three circumstances make sense. But... I mean, why a mac?

Brentai

• Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: September 29, 2008, 08:20:27 AM »

Because the alternative is my mind.

Which, while it has poor compatibility with most hardware, does understand the function of the home and end keys.

Kayma

• kodePunc Team
  • Tested
    • View Profile
    • http://twitter.com/kayma
« Reply #95 on: September 29, 2008, 09:45:52 AM »

Could be worse. You could be stuck with Gentoo or something.

I've only spent about 20 minutes in LA, and that was only at LAX, but still, I'm in no rush to go back. That place changes you, man.

Thad

• Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
    • corporate-sellout.com
« Reply #96 on: September 29, 2008, 02:33:24 PM »

Which, while it has poor compatibility with most hardware, does understand the function of the home and end keys.

Kayma

• kodePunc Team
  • Tested
    • View Profile
    • http://twitter.com/kayma
« Reply #97 on: September 29, 2008, 04:16:00 PM »

:perfect:

Brentai

• Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: November 04, 2008, 03:18:53 PM »

My mother continued her angry, purposeless rant mode by getting in such a heated argument with my sister over the phone that it ended with Mom suffering a heart palpitation and passing out.

My sister decided that tending to my half-comatose mother instead of listening to her side of whatever fucking argument is (further) proof that her family hates her and wants her to die.

I am somehow expected, given the circumstances, to care.

When did my life turn into a fucking Jerry Springer marathon?

Kashan

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: November 04, 2008, 03:33:19 PM »

My mother continued her angry, purposeless rant mode by getting in such a heated argument with my sister over the phone that it ended with Mom suffering a heart palpitation and passing out.

My sister decided that tending to my half-comatose mother instead of listening to her side of whatever fucking argument is (further) proof that her family hates her and wants her to die.

I am somehow expected, given the circumstances, to care.

When did my life turn into a fucking Jerry Springer marathon?

Is your mother okay? Sorry for the drama.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 ... 173