Brontoforumus Archive

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This board has been fossilized.
You are reading an archive of Brontoforumus, a.k.a. The Worst Forums Ever, from 2008 to early 2014.  Registration and posting (for most members) has been disabled here to discourage spambots from taking over.  Old members can still log in to view boards, PMs, etc.

The new message board is at http://brontoforum.us.

Author Topic: Shit Days  (Read 216059 times)

Rico

• Tested
    • View Profile
Re: Shit Days
« Reply #2140 on: May 30, 2011, 11:25:32 AM »

Isn't there any way to treat it

the asshole you hate

• Marketing and
  • High-Bullshit
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #2141 on: May 30, 2011, 07:10:34 PM »

Best. Image response. Ever.

Uh.

I'm starting to wake up panicked and delirious at random times. Between missing teeth, allergies, heartache, stress, joblessness, brokeness and depression, I'm running out of that boundless wellspring of optimism I've previously had. I wonder what will be fueling me after it's gone. Hopefully not cynicism, but that might be better than nothing which is what I'm more afraid of. I'm seriously close to some kind of breakdown, I think, and my girlfriend is unequipped to help me with it... nor should I, in good conscience, burden her with helping me further than she already has, financially OR emotionally. I've managed to pay rent every month up till now with help from my Grandpa, but his wife is telling him to stop supporting me from afar.

Suffice to say, I'm in this here shit days club pretty deep at this point. I've considered and discarded the idea of doing something illegal or otherwise desperate to get some money. In the past, crime wasn't as irresponsible a choice to make as it was only my own worthless life in question, but now I have someone in my life whom I care about enough to avoid that kind of lifestyle.

Which leaves me with nothing but desperation.

To make it all worse, all I see around me is loved ones dying, losing their hearing, hair, in the hospital, out of work, depressed, with child and loveless, homeless, loveless, penniless and generally miserable.

Since we are all riding the ship of the damned, I propose trying something desperate.
It was a fun visit. I hope someday someone figures out what I was saying in this post. Bye!

JDigital

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #2142 on: May 30, 2011, 10:00:10 PM »

It's only this thread where all the bad things are happening. You should hang out with some of the guys in the Good Times thread, they're having great luck.

the asshole you hate

• Marketing and
  • High-Bullshit
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #2143 on: May 30, 2011, 10:08:00 PM »

yeah well FUCK those guys!!!1
It was a fun visit. I hope someday someone figures out what I was saying in this post. Bye!

R^2

• Not in the game.
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #2144 on: May 31, 2011, 11:17:54 AM »

Van's in the shop again. Good thing I moved to a town with a robust mass transi :lol:

A reliable mass tr :lol:

A :lol:

okay, I can't even say it with a straight face.

R^2

• Not in the game.
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #2145 on: May 31, 2011, 03:58:42 PM »

I picked up a virus on my USB drive at school and spread it to my computer at home. But it's not like I have a big project due in two days and three papers to write or anything. I can totally wait for this to get back up and running.

R^2

• Not in the game.
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #2146 on: June 01, 2011, 03:12:20 AM »

Alarm clock didn't go off this morning, either. Stuff I Own Doing What It's Designed To Do is running 0 for 4. (I had to type this twice because my phone bricked.)

McDohl

• Pika-boo
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #2147 on: June 01, 2011, 05:25:22 AM »

...holy dickballs, R^2.  QUIT IT.

Büge

• won't give you fleaz
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #2148 on: June 01, 2011, 05:37:46 AM »

I don't think he can. R^2's mutant power makes him a sponge for bad luck. He's the anti-Domino.

R^2

• Not in the game.
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #2149 on: June 01, 2011, 08:18:55 AM »

Oh yeah. The hilarious part of my van breaking down is that, having just posted about the newly-discovered ringing in my ears, I got in my van and put in a CD to listen to. After a few moments, I said "What the hell" and cranked the volume up.

Not ten minutes later the CD player stopped working. The next day, the Service Engine light comes on. whee.

Anyway. The work on my van to get it running like it should be comes to $700. So I'll be running it exactly like it is for a while, until it explodes or I win the goddamn lottery or something. My phone crashed in the middle of the call telling me this.

Also my partner for the final project in one of my classes just dropped out. For completely justifiable reasons, but now I'm back to square one with a new guy.

So. I'm off to work on that project I mentioned I couldn't work on last night, that's due tomorrow. I SURE HOPE NOTHING BAD HAPPENS

the asshole you hate

• Marketing and
  • High-Bullshit
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #2150 on: June 01, 2011, 04:50:55 PM »

Lottel

• You know that's right
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #2151 on: June 01, 2011, 05:59:14 PM »

Damn R^2, when it rains it floods the city and takes years to rebuild, doesn't it?

Büge

• won't give you fleaz
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #2152 on: June 02, 2011, 05:31:08 AM »

Dear Canada Post:

Hurry up and get your strike over. I want my mail.

Mongrel

• Emoticon Knight-Errant
  • kodePunc Team
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #2153 on: June 02, 2011, 08:01:38 AM »

I uh, don't think they're officially on strike yet. Just that they've put out a warning that they could.

Classic

• Happens more often than you'd think.
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #2154 on: June 02, 2011, 04:39:39 PM »

I've been convinced my machine is host to some number of trojan(s) greater than zero. I've been wrestling with my machine to try and ascertain if it's just a particularly hard to clean bug, or if I'm actually watching my computer's security features defeat themselves.

Beat Bandit

• be entranced by my sexy rhythm
  • High-Bullshit
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #2155 on: June 03, 2011, 07:44:24 AM »

Confirmed: People don't actually like honesty.

Done with that shit.

Classic

• Happens more often than you'd think.
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #2156 on: June 03, 2011, 02:40:21 PM »

Hrm. People like the idea of Honesty. However they are often at odds with the truth. Also it is sometimes impossible to make the truth palatable.

Rico

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #2157 on: June 03, 2011, 04:57:51 PM »

So apparently one of my housemates didn't pay rent for last month (although how the landlord just didn't say anything until June is a little baffling). Tried to call him to see what was up and whether the check just got lost or anything and his phone is disconnected! This strikes me as a problem that could've been mitigated by using "communication" like an "adult."

Büge

• won't give you fleaz
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #2158 on: June 03, 2011, 05:56:40 PM »

I uh, don't think they're officially on strike yet. Just that they've put out a warning that they could.

They are now!

Mongrel

• Emoticon Knight-Errant
  • kodePunc Team
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #2159 on: June 03, 2011, 08:32:20 PM »

Yeah... with possibly the lamest strike plan ever. One city per day? So today it was Winnipeg, and on Monday it's Hamilton.

I don't think they're gonna do so hot. The feds won't give them much sympathy (Harper + Conservative party + deficit fight = HAHAHA GOOD FUCKING LUCK) and if they go full strike, they'll get legislated back right away. But this wimpy strike means nobody really takes much notice.

So uh, I predict no one will care and then they'll be legislated back to work anyway.