Brontoforumus Archive

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This board has been fossilized.
You are reading an archive of Brontoforumus, a.k.a. The Worst Forums Ever, from 2008 to early 2014.  Registration and posting (for most members) has been disabled here to discourage spambots from taking over.  Old members can still log in to view boards, PMs, etc.

The new message board is at http://brontoforum.us.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9

Author Topic: Maids in Space!  (Read 12534 times)

Stush

• Tested
    • View Profile
Re: Maids in Space!
« Reply #140 on: April 07, 2013, 03:25:34 PM »

"Dude, it'd be totally uncool to just leave them here, but docking with an unknown ship is a pretty dangerous move too, nudge up beside it, and i'll totally zip over to see if it's safe."

Feroce

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: April 07, 2013, 06:49:23 PM »

"Dude, it'd be totally uncool to just leave them here, but docking with an unknown ship is a pretty dangerous move too, nudge up beside it, and i'll totally zip over to see if it's safe."

Shura joins the others on the bridge. "Well, that worked for us before." She hops up into the pilot seat. "I hope for everyone's sake, that your luck holds out Your Highness. If anything goes wrong, you get back here immediately. Капита́н did order us to blow up station after all."

(Skill 2 to glide the ship forward smoothly and slowly. Hopefully the enhanced ship's systems also included the shields and any sort of inertial dampening.)

JDigital

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: April 09, 2013, 01:45:15 AM »

The ship slides up to the station and extends the docking beam.

Stush

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: April 09, 2013, 06:37:12 PM »

Becky Looks at the scanner, and then doesn't even bother trying to comprehend the data, relying on her luck (3) to zip her somewhere inside the station that isn't inside a bulkhead.

Doom

• ~run liek a wind~
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: April 12, 2013, 04:56:21 AM »

Ikora will stand by the docking door or whatever that Becky skate-boarded out of and prep a trap and arm her revolver. I think this time I'm gonna go with bolo launchers aimed at the legs and torso/arms with Cunning 3. Manual activation rather than first into proximity.

Friend

• Meow see here..
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: April 12, 2013, 07:20:40 AM »

Alex stands and gawks.
"...You guys look like you know what you're doing, so I'm gonna go to dust off my uniform."
Alex goes to bathroom to clean up.

JDigital

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: April 12, 2013, 11:43:02 AM »

Becky: 3x2=6
Ikora: 3x4=12

Ikora succeeds.
Becky takes 4 Stress.

A bolo launcher wraps around Becky's arms and legs and knocks her off her skateboard before she can make the jump.

i can't read

Doom

• ~run liek a wind~
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: April 12, 2013, 12:48:40 PM »

(I dunno why I'd activate my trap against somebody I didn't intend to trap, particularly if I'm successful in using my Cunning. :V It's protection against somebody from the other ship running into ours.)

JDigital

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: April 12, 2013, 12:52:22 PM »

Oops, I misunderstood.

JDigital

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: April 12, 2013, 01:01:32 PM »

Becky skateports into a dark corridor and trips over a crewman. He scrambles to his feet and points an energy rifle at Becky, flicking on the attached flashlight.

The crewman sighs with relief and lowers his weapon.

"Thank God, a human! We haven't seen any other humans for over a year. Hey, I don't suppose you could spare us some supplies? Or... maybe your ship could use some more crewmen? I'm pretty sure the Federation has long forgotten about us."

Stush

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #150 on: April 14, 2013, 12:21:06 AM »

Becky looks skeptical. "Hey dude, we heard a lady's voice over the eadio, and she said she was the only crew member left on this wreck"

JDigital

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: April 14, 2013, 01:48:58 AM »

"Ah, it's a recorded message, so it's out of date. There was one maid on this station when we showed up four months ago in a Federation scout ship. Our ship was too damaged to risk another jump so we've been trapped on this space station ever since. And half the systems on this station are fried so updating the distress signal hasn't exactly been a priority."

"Nice to meet you, by the way. I'm Commander Dan."

Feroce

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: April 16, 2013, 09:05:59 PM »

Shura hops down from the pilot seat and taps away at the bridge com systems to check a time stamp for the station's distress signal. If the station was in such dire straights as it was when the signal was sent, then it couldn't have been that old at all.

She sends a message down to Ikora and Becky "Just a moment, I'll see if I can verify his story. Would you kindly ask him what happened here, who else is alive, and what is his service number?" She switches off the two way coms and just listens from the ship's normal surveillance system.

(A time stamp should be easy enough to find. But I'm going to also run a search on information on a Commander Dan, from a Federation scout ship sent to this station, on the off chance that such information is readily accessible. I'll also see if there's any news on this space station's demise, if it's old then it should be public knowledge, it'll also give me something to check his story against. Skill 2)

JDigital

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: April 17, 2013, 12:21:51 PM »

COMMANDER DAN: "Supplies to the station were cut off two solar years ago by a Mantis blockade three star systems away. Eventually the Federation sent a small five-man scout ship, the USS Lovecraft. That was us. We found the station abandoned, except for one Maid in a cryostasis pod."

"It's just me and my four men. We can't leave because our warp manifold was damaged in an ion storm and we really don't have the resources here to replace it. We're just holding out until rescue."

"As for me, I'm Commander Hiroshi Dan, service number F-57005-48879."

Shura: You find a Federation ship registry in the USS Kinomoto's database. (Skill: 2x3+3=9). There is indeed a scoutship named the USS Lovecraft, commanded by Commander Dan, and his service number checks out. There's also an old news story in the database about the Mantis blockade of Beta Hydrae three warp jumps from here. It briefly mentions this space station, Station Baghdad 1304.

The flow of information this far from the Federation core systems is unreliable and there's no word as to whether the blockade has been lifted.

Doom

• ~run liek a wind~
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: April 20, 2013, 03:59:24 AM »

As the Maid on Point Ikora glares daggers at her companions until they hasten themselves. To this purpose she employs RealTimeFacePolynomics.exe and narrows her eyes the absolute hardest, no fooling.

Friend

• Meow see here..
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: April 20, 2013, 04:17:36 AM »

Being in the bathroom, Alex doesn't notice the the icy look of Ikora. She does take advantage of her extensively long bathroom break to clean her apron, though.

Feroce

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: April 20, 2013, 07:03:36 PM »

Shura: You find a Federation ship registry in the USS Kinomoto's database. (Skill: 2x3+3=9). There is indeed a scoutship named the USS Lovecraft, commanded by Commander Dan, and his service number checks out. There's also an old news story in the database about the Mantis blockade of Beta Hydrae three warp jumps from here. It briefly mentions this space station, Station Baghdad 1304.

The flow of information this far from the Federation core systems is unreliable and there's no word as to whether the blockade has been lifted.

(Lovecraft.... oh god, NO!) :itsatrap:

"хуй!" Shura was hoping that Dan's story would be full of holes. If only the system was more reliable. She thumbs the coms; "Well, his story mostly checks out. Ikora, please keep Becky safe. I will join you a little later.". Shura then scans for lifesigns on the station using the ship's sensors and relays any relevant data to the girls.

Once that's all taken care of, she returns to the kitchen to clean up, and by clean up, I mean she takes the table with the leftovers of the dinner she made and wheels it away to feed her pet/furry garbage disposal unit like she promised.

JDigital

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: April 21, 2013, 03:08:03 AM »

There are eight life signs on board the station. One is Rebecca, five appear to be the crew of the Lovecraft, and two faint life signs in the ship's medbay.

COMMANDER DAN: "We're just glad someone finally responded to our hails, even if its not a Federation ship. We'd really appreciate any help you can give. We're running low on food, medical supplies and power, most of the secondary systems are offline, and we still can't work out how to wake up the Maid in stasis in the medbay."

Feroce

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: April 26, 2013, 08:35:00 PM »

Shura apparently has a lot of time to get ready and catch up with the rest of the group. She pets her little friend, tells him- .oO(Wait... is it a him or a her?....or an it? I'll have to look that up sometime soon... ) -tells him to behave while she's gone, then meets up with the party.

JDigital

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: April 27, 2013, 01:43:02 AM »

You arrive on the ship just in time to hear Commander Dan asking for any help with supplies, repairs or waking up the Maid in stasis in the medbay.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9