Brontoforumus Archive

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This board has been fossilized.
You are reading an archive of Brontoforumus, a.k.a. The Worst Forums Ever, from 2008 to early 2014.  Registration and posting (for most members) has been disabled here to discourage spambots from taking over.  Old members can still log in to view boards, PMs, etc.

The new message board is at http://brontoforum.us.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9

Author Topic: The Mad King  (Read 13672 times)

Terrowin

• YE OLDE SCIENCEE
  • Tested
    • View Profile
Re: The Mad King
« Reply #40 on: April 17, 2012, 06:46:20 PM »

Forthwind for openly correcting THE MAD KING.

Carac

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 17, 2012, 07:16:01 PM »

Mia culpa, mia culpa. Maxi mia culpa. Tis a hard thing to do, slaying beasts in the Kings name. For he is a driver of slaves. A driver of slaves Ulric speaks in favor of.

Ulric

• von Liechtenstein
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 17, 2012, 08:44:34 PM »

You know not who you even hunt. A vote for me is based only on your inability to parse reality.

Athalos, as the Good King bids.

Brom

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 17, 2012, 11:37:07 PM »

Ulric sounds like a loyalist that forgot he was was the villain here and is busy making excuses to cover up his mistake.

ulric

THE MAD KING

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 17, 2012, 11:43:49 PM »

Is this how THE MAD KING dies? To a Blood Magus, on the eve of his greatest triumph?

Kazz

• Projekt Direktor
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: April 18, 2012, 05:19:13 AM »

Current Vote Record:

Althalos -> Ulric
Borin
Brom -> Ulric
Carac -> Ulric
Fendrel -> Ulric
Forthwind -> Lyonel
Lyonel -> Ulric
Merek
Mormont -> Ulric
Sadon
Terrowin -> Forthwind
Tybalt
Ulric -> Althalos

Ulric has 6 votes.
Lyonel, Forthwind, and Althalos have 1 vote each.

Forthwind

• District 11
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 18, 2012, 10:43:41 AM »

Is there actually any disadvantage to the rebellion if the Blood Magus usurps the Mad King?

Borin

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 18, 2012, 10:44:11 AM »

A new collar for Ulric, hmm? Let me adjust my lenses... ah, here we are. "Fendrel then spoke, third in opposition to Ulric, declaiming his acts as those of incompetent or muddled duplicity." I know nothing of Ulric, but I never trust the man to speak third, and though someone must always stand upon that unlucky stone, the first to do it is the most likely wicked. Fendrel's death would benefit the kingdom.

Lyonel

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 18, 2012, 11:52:24 AM »

Is there actually any disadvantage to the rebellion if the Blood Magus usurps the Mad King?

At the end oft thee day, it is the same for the rebellyon as lynching an innocent, just more dramatic.

So, it's notte exactly favourable. However, it would remove a bit of signal noise from oure daye conversations. So maybe it's a litel better than lynching an innocent.

Kazz

• Projekt Direktor
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 18, 2012, 06:58:35 PM »

The day will end in 24 hours (11:16 PM on the 19th).

Ulric

• von Liechtenstein
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 18, 2012, 07:30:08 PM »

OK, thous winneth. You should not belynch me because, as it happens, I am ye olde the Scout.

Forthwind

• District 11
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 18, 2012, 07:56:00 PM »

Ulric

Kazz

• Projekt Direktor
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 18, 2012, 08:13:00 PM »

"Long live the King!" shouted Ulric, strutting through the throng of rioting serfs.

"Wait... are you joking?" asked a torch-wielding dirt farmer.

Ulric shrugged and replied, "Well, you see, given the political climate, I feel it would be prudent to HURK" as he was impaled upon a pitchfork.

Ulric was a Scout.  He was loyal to the Rebellion, evidently.

--

All night roles, please PM me with your action.  You've got 24 hours, starting now.  (I guess I can let you Hammertyme during the night, if you feel you need to; send it to me by PM)

Don't post in this topic during the night, please.  All results will be sent out simultaneously after all actions have been received, and then Day 2 will begin.

Lyonel

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 18, 2012, 08:59:24 PM »

Note to all future seers in all future Wolf games.

Please do not immediately claim allegence to the wolf faction right at the start of a game.

Please do, act not retarded.

Thank you.

THAT IS ALL.

Lyonel

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 18, 2012, 09:01:51 PM »

Further more.

To make this as plainly and painfully clear as possible, the unique aspect of this game that one of the wolves is publically known and invulnerable so he can taunt people, does not make it so that you must claim to not be in the rebellion so that he doesn't kill you or something. HE KNOWS WHO IS IN THE REBELLION, because he wasn't told they were his guards or the queen.

Lyonel

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 19, 2012, 12:44:15 AM »

You know what the best seer claims are, the ones where they don't even say who they seered.

Kazz

• Projekt Direktor
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 19, 2012, 10:13:13 AM »

You are awakened by shouting, struggling, and the clattering of a million chainmail links.  Sir Lyonel was dragged from his bed by the city's royal guard.

"Lyonel, you are under arrest!  Submit, in the name of the King!"

"Well, I've already been tied up and dragged out of my house.  I'd say I'm already pretty much submitted, in fact, you've done most of the submitting for me.  So, thanks for th-"

A guardsman kicks Lyonel's teeth down his throat and resumes dragging him to the dungeon.

--

In the morning, you find the body of Forthwind, sitting limp by the well.  He was a Commoner.

"He had no clear involvement with the Rebellion!" shouts the dirt farmer.  "Despite the fact that he voted for a few people and was rather vociferous overall.  Damn the Mad King!  Let's rise up and--"

"Hang on, hang on," says the sloth rancher.  "The city guard arrested Lyonel last night.  They can't possibly have done two entire things last night."

"Ah, yes.  Never mind.  Must have been someone else."

--

Clarification of the Rules:

The Priest can protect himself.  He will be immune to all actions for the night, if he does so.  However, if anyone attempts to arrest or kill him while he is protecting himself, he permanently loses his ability.  (This is how I always ran my games before, so that Baner-types wouldn't be invulnerable to night actions.  Simply forgot to put it down in the rules for this one.)

This differs from the Knight's self-protection in that the Knight only protects himself from the first bad thing that happens to him, whereas the Priest's protection works for all actions taken against him, for one night.

Also: players in the Dungeon may not vote or use abilities, but may communicate normally by posting and PMing, etc.

--

Day 2

12 players still live.  Of them, 10 players are eligible to vote.

Althalos
Borin
Brom
Carac
Fendrel
Merek
Mormont
Sadon
Terrowin
Tybalt

Lyonel is imprisoned.

The Mad King can not vote, but is amazing.

Ulric is a dead Scout.
Forthwind is a dead Commoner.

It takes 6 votes to lynch somebody.

Barring any Hammertymes, the day will enter Sudden Death on Saturday at 2PM ET. (The 1/3 threshold is 4 votes)

Lyonel

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 19, 2012, 10:39:42 AM »

Well, in addition to the dumbest seer, we also have the dumbest vigilante. That's comforting.

Meanwhile, back at the head on straight ranch where people don't drool over themselves...

I'm thinking that most of the guards, queens, etc, are probably amoung the people who didn't make much noise on the first turn. Everyone who was vocal was probably a player or the blood magus. My, suspicions fall on Carac, Tybalt, and Mormont.

Althalos

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 19, 2012, 10:48:38 AM »

Well, this is already a disaster.

With Forthwind's death, it becomes obvious we have a very very reckless Assassin on our side. I suspected Forthwind of something when he hammered the lynch right after Ulric claimed scout without questioning it further, but I thought we could take care of that today.

Going over yesterday's voting record of people currently alive/still have their teeth:

Althalos -> Ulric
Borin
Brom -> Ulric
Carac -> Ulric
Fendrel -> Ulric
Forthwind -> Lyonel -> Ulric
Lyonel -> Ulric
Merek
Mormont -> Ulric
Sadon
Terrowin -> Forthwind
Tybalt
Ulric -> Lyonel-> Althalos

We have to assume that Ulric didn't find anything useful on his only night as scout. He changed his vote from Lyonel to me, and Lyonel was taken to the dungeon. You can assume what you want - but I want to point out that he didn't say anything about who he scouted and voted for me second to go along with the king.

I would say we should target the next supporter of the king (Sadon) but at this moment in time I'm confident in the idea that the rebellion officially holds the monopoly on stupids, giving me pause.

Everyone who was vocal was probably a player or the blood magus. My, suspicions fall on Carac, Tybalt, and Mormont.

Agreed. Merek is quiet as well.

THE MAD KING

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 19, 2012, 11:05:01 AM »

THE MAD KING is liking what the assassin is doing.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9