Brontoforumus Archive

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This board has been fossilized.
You are reading an archive of Brontoforumus, a.k.a. The Worst Forums Ever, from 2008 to early 2014.  Registration and posting (for most members) has been disabled here to discourage spambots from taking over.  Old members can still log in to view boards, PMs, etc.

The new message board is at http://brontoforum.us.

Poll

The Future of VvW?

Keep it the same! Powers rule!
- 7 (53.8%)
Pare it down more!
- 1 (7.7%)
I don't care why am i even clicking this
- 0 (0%)
BRING BACK THE ELDER LOL
- 1 (7.7%)
Guild
- 4 (30.8%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Author Topic: VvW: The Future  (Read 1251 times)

Friday

• Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
VvW: The Future
« on: January 16, 2010, 01:03:17 AM »

So I've been thinking about the next VvW game.

Originally, I made VvW with no intention of having it be balanced in any way, shape or form. I just threw in a WHOLE BUNCH OF RANDOM BULLSHIT like the Elder, The Lightsaber, Public Roles, A Money and Auction House system and a Volcano and went WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!

The point of the game was that powers were cool and being a vanilla innocent sucks and is boring so lets have as many random powers as possible! That will rule!

Then the game was a huge hit and I started to refine it.

In each game after the first, I've basically been taking out more and more roles and paring the game down more and more. Each successive game is less random and crazy and (theoretically) more balanced.

So, my idea is that in the next VvW (7) that I basically get rid of all the crazy and boil this game down to its basics so it can be as balanced as possible.

However, on the other side of the coin, powers are fun!

So I'll leave the choice to you! (See Poll)

Thanks!

Brentai

• https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DnXYVlPgX_o
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
Re: VvW: The Future
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2010, 01:11:35 AM »

VvW is and really needs to remain the MvC2 of Werewolf games.  Big and crazy.  It's the main source of temporary excitement about wolf games, after all.

You might remember Werewolves VS.  Or apparently not.  But it worked out pretty well!  Still, I don't think I'd trade it for VvW, ever.  It'd be like tearing down DisneyLand to build another Knott's Berry Farm.  Sure, Knott's is probably better in every way, but... DisneyLand!

Please keep running DisneyLand.

yyler

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2010, 01:13:49 AM »

I don't know what the point of having a huge game like this that banks on the concept of being crazy if there is less crazy. If you need to do smaller games to keep it manageable, that's alright, but don't take it all away.

Kayma

• kodePunc Team
  • Tested
    • View Profile
    • http://twitter.com/kayma
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2010, 01:16:18 AM »

The following are some thoughts, not all of which apply to the last games we played but to wolf in general:

I don't care for roles like thief and gravedigger, and I largely ignore the AH. Still, I've seen other players make some great use of items, and they add to the insanity; that's always good.

I really like the three group dynamic, and am OK with the roles of Devil and Weretiger, because that shit is nuts in a good way. I kind of like the village idiot, too, since acting with reckless abandon is fun.

In general, I feel like the scry should be absolute. I don't like roles, powers or items that obfuscate a scry. I feel like uncertainty in these matter should be left to mistrust in the thread. I do, however, like how certain roles only let you know the team or win condition of the person.

Guild

• Board Moderator
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2010, 06:08:32 PM »

20% bads is the golden ratio.

Brentai

• https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DnXYVlPgX_o
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2010, 09:52:38 PM »

Vampire Changes: Any vampire can be chosen to execute the vampire team's turn/kill/scry as long as the vampire team is alive.  The action fails if the chosen vampire dies that night.  Any penalties for the attempted action affect the chosen vampire.

Werewolf Changes: If a wolf attacks a vampire, neither the vampire nor the wolf will die - vampires are effectively perma-baned.  If a vampire bites a wolf, both die; if a vampire bites the Greater Werewolf, only the vampire dies; if a vampire kills any wolf, the wolf dies.

Innocent Changes: Wolfsbaner also doubles as Werewolf Hunter - can bane OR attack a person once per night.  Rules are similar to current Vampire Hunter, if the Baner misses his attack he must pay 4 gold before he can use either power.  Does not lose attack power if he loses baning power. 

• Magic Gunner Miss Blue
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2010, 10:11:56 PM »

VvW is and really needs to remain the MvC2 of Werewolf games.  Big and crazy.  It's the main source of temporary excitement about wolf games, after all.

You might remember Werewolves VS.  Or apparently not.  But it worked out pretty well!  Still, I don't think I'd trade it for VvW, ever.  It'd be like tearing down DisneyLand to build another Knott's Berry Farm.  Sure, Knott's is probably better in every way, but... DisneyLand!

Please keep running DisneyLand.

This. When I hear VvW, I think THIS WEREWOLF GAME JUST GOT INCREDIBLY CRAZY.

Inno changes: Rather than give the baner the attack power, just make a role like a Priest.
Maybe some kind of voodoo shaman who's only power is to tell -when- someone was turned. It's automatic and passive, and the only alert they get is "You know that last night, someone changed teams"

Zaratustra

• what
  • Tested
    • View Profile
    • Zaratustra Productions
« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2010, 10:13:37 PM »

SPACE VAMPIRES

Frocto

• Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2010, 10:35:57 PM »

I think if only one person dies, it's generally pretty safe to assume the vampires turned someone.
"And it is because they have fallen prey to a weakened, feminized version of Christianity that is only about softer virtues such as compassion and not in any part about the muscular Christian virtues of individual responsibility and accountability."

Friday

• Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2010, 06:54:33 PM »

OK, so the overwhelming majority seems to prefer keeping powers and Guild.

Thanks for reading/voting!