Brontoforumus Archive

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This board has been fossilized.
You are reading an archive of Brontoforumus, a.k.a. The Worst Forums Ever, from 2008 to early 2014.  Registration and posting (for most members) has been disabled here to discourage spambots from taking over.  Old members can still log in to view boards, PMs, etc.

The new message board is at http://brontoforum.us.

Pages: 1 ... 38 39 40 41 42 [43]

Author Topic: Vampires Vs Werewolves X: Millennium Waltz  (Read 43561 times)

Caithness

• Hat Man
  • Tested
    • View Profile
Re: Vampires Vs Werewolves X: Millennium Waltz
« Reply #840 on: March 07, 2013, 11:12:10 PM »

So who were you protecting the night that Bongo got killed, Kayma?

François

• Huh.
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #841 on: March 08, 2013, 07:48:41 PM »

I'm the one who rooted out both Dracs, Cornell and Death for wolfteam, which I contacted when Friend got all public. I'd like to claim some degree of tactical acumen but all things considered it was pretty much just following hunches. Getting the Dampening Field may have been my only good idea ever in all these games. I figured it'd at least allow me to take some action against dangerous targets even if I couldn't get in touch with my team. And it only cost me 3 gold, which is pretty nutty. I mean it clearly didn't win us the game or anything, but it's a hell of a lot of power in the hands of a seer, and it was cheap enough that I could easily afford Air Bud when it came up. Can't believe no one else put more than 2 gold on it.

I'd also like to take this opportunity to note that whoever PMed Nex to be a jackass at him made a knave of himself and I am disappointed in this behavior more than I can express. The dude was classy enough not to drop names but seriously, you know who you are. This game that we play for fun among friends is complicated and stressful enough that maybe one should think about not turning it into an excuse to act in such a reprehensible manner. Same goes for anyone else who might have done that sort of thing to anyone else, though I dare hope this was an isolated incident.

That being said, well played everyone. I wish I had been more awake in the final days, but ethical concerns aside, this was a good game. Congrats to Team Bella! Now go and find yourselves some human boyfriends.

Caithness

• Hat Man
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #842 on: March 08, 2013, 08:07:58 PM »

You want nutty? I won the Silvery Pendant of Silver for 1 gold, which protected me from being killed that very same night, and then used it to kill a wolf the very next day. I was quite surprised that you guys didn't coordinate your bids to take that item out of play, to the extent that I assumed Defen was the last werewolf and Ardus was a vampire.

Kayma

• kodePunc Team
  • Tested
    • View Profile
    • http://twitter.com/kayma
« Reply #843 on: March 08, 2013, 08:18:47 PM »

So who were you protecting the night that Bongo got killed, Kayma?

Probably my self, or no one. I was MIA that day and didn't get an action in

• Magic Gunner Miss Blue
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #844 on: March 08, 2013, 09:24:17 PM »

I'd also like to take this opportunity to note that whoever PMed Nex to be a jackass at him made a knave of himself and I am disappointed in this behavior more than I can express. The dude was classy enough not to drop names but seriously, you know who you are. This game that we play for fun among friends is complicated and stressful enough that maybe one should think about not turning it into an excuse to act in such a reprehensible manner. Same goes for anyone else who might have done that sort of thing to anyone else, though I dare hope this was an isolated incident.

You give Nex waaaaaaaaaaaaay too much credit

Here's what happened in a public channel (#ff):

[10:53:28am -8] <beatbandito> NexAdruin: King of the Horrible Tactics
[10:53:57am -8] <NexAdruin> Dead people are not allowed to talk.
[10:56:01am -8] <beatbandito> We are, however, allowed to laugh at your decision making
[10:56:06am -8] <beatbandito> for example: ahahahaha
[10:56:59am -8] <NexAdruin> K.
[10:57:07am -8] * NexAdruin (~kvirc@cpe-184-56-110-102.neo.res.rr.com) Quit (Quit: KVIrc 4.0.4 Insomnia http://www.kvirc.net/)

As far as I'm aware, nothing else happened, ever.

Nex followed this by deleting a bunch of people from his steam friends list, dropping out of another mafia game, and hasn't logged in to the boards or anywhere else I have him visible since the 28th of Feburary, and that was probably a mistake.

See above comment about "Nex breaking on multiple levels." My only guess is that Nex bought into Guild's crazytown strategies and...didn't take it so well when Guild died?

François

• Huh.
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #845 on: March 09, 2013, 03:46:11 AM »

Hmm, I was going by his public claim of receiving PMs. Well, either way, if nobody did it then I got offended at no people which is my own problem and a small problem at that, and if someone did it, then now they know it's time to put the shame hat on by themselves in the privacy of their own homes.

:done:

Bob Loblaw

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #846 on: March 09, 2013, 11:08:02 AM »

I have to admit, there must have been a lot more back-end drama than I'd care to admit. 

I enjoyed the game, all the same, especially where Ocksi filled in for Aoko.  Sorta reminded me of one of those slapstick comedy cartoons in a Hollywood-setting where a poor scraggly protagonist gets called in as a stunt double for some big-shot actor in a scene only to get pummeled at action. 
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 40 41 42 [43]