Brontoforumus Archive

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This board has been fossilized.
You are reading an archive of Brontoforumus, a.k.a. The Worst Forums Ever, from 2008 to early 2014.  Registration and posting (for most members) has been disabled here to discourage spambots from taking over.  Old members can still log in to view boards, PMs, etc.

The new message board is at http://brontoforum.us.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: City of Heroes  (Read 11077 times)

McDohl

• Pika-boo
  • Tested
    • View Profile
Re: City of Heroes
« Reply #20 on: April 28, 2009, 06:43:16 AM »

Well, now that SOME interest might have been drummed up for this 5th year reactivation extravaganza...

This Saturday.
3:00 PM ET.

Niku

• MEAT
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 28, 2009, 09:02:09 AM »

"You have 45 unclaimed free tailor sessions."
i'm a blog now, blogs are cool: a fantastic machine made of meat

McDohl

• Pika-boo
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 28, 2009, 09:15:26 AM »

Yeah, you pretty much get tailor tokens for waking up in the morning.

Niku

• MEAT
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 03, 2009, 08:19:43 PM »

So while I dunno if I'll re-up or not, I did get a character from level 2 to level 16 in two missions.  It's nice of the Devs to let the MA be a backdoor to skipping all the non-travel-power bullshit.

McDohl

• Pika-boo
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 04, 2009, 03:31:14 AM »

The usual lowbie tour on Hero-side used to be: Sewer team to level 6, go to King's Row, do radio missions, do the Atlas Park Safeguard mission, stop the bank robbery, and you get a jetpack.

Used somewhat frugally, this will last you until you get your actual travel power.

Beat Bandit

• be entranced by my sexy rhythm
  • High-Bullshit
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 04, 2009, 06:03:37 AM »

Ray-de-oh, mish-ons?

Shinra

• Big Juicy Winners
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 04, 2009, 04:13:30 PM »

I think they're the equivalent of the villain side newspaper missions? I haven't played city of heroes in years.

inyandep

• the black cat of ILL OMEN
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 04, 2009, 04:55:51 PM »

yeah they are. also allegedly powerleveling wasn't the intent at all behind MA. so i mean yeah it was nice of them but more of the ignorant kind of nice than the real kind of nice. once you get in the groove, what dohl said gets you really well up quick. but it can't beat a farm~

MadMAxJr

• Tested
    • View Profile
    • RPG Q&A
« Reply #28 on: May 05, 2009, 01:31:38 PM »

Dogstar(PratzStrike) causes Kotaku post about power-level cheating.
"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt." - Bertrand Russell

Got questions about RPGs?

Niku

• MEAT
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 05, 2009, 01:43:05 PM »

YO DAWG, I HERD YOU LIKE DAWGSTARS SO WE PUT A STAR IN YOUR DAWG SO YOU CAN DAWGSTAR WHILE YOU KOTAKU

Brentai

• https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DnXYVlPgX_o
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: May 05, 2009, 01:53:14 PM »

It's not so much that they're cracking down on perceived abuses that gets me, it's that they put something in the game that's specifically there to take out large groups of enemies and now they're all pissed off that players are using them to take out large groups of enemies.

In related news, it turns out WoW players with better equipment are more efficient at taking down enemies, so Blizzard is now banning people who use equipment.

Romosome

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 05, 2009, 01:57:54 PM »

It's not so much that they're cracking down on perceived abuses that gets me, it's that they put something in the game that's specifically there to take out large groups of enemies and now they're all pissed off that players are using them to take out large groups of enemies.

In related news, it turns out WoW players with better equipment are more efficient at taking down enemies, so Blizzard is now banning people who use equipment.

It's not that, it's that they gave them a mission editor and players are making maps that are just "Push button, Receive billions of dead high-level mobs for profit"

Which makes sense that they wouldn't want that, but that's what I figured was the biggest problem with the idea of user-created Quest/Missions in the first place.  In fact I have no idea how they're going to even begin to enforce this considering the volume of missions created unless they plan to overhaul the whole thing so it's not possible to create exploitative missions.

Which they should've done to begin with, but eh.

Brentai

• https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DnXYVlPgX_o
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 05, 2009, 02:08:51 PM »

A-ha, I didn't realize there was a mission editor.

...yeah, good luck keeping people from exploiting that.

Romosome

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 05, 2009, 02:15:20 PM »

A-ha, I didn't realize there was a mission editor.

...yeah, good luck keeping people from exploiting that.

Pretty much.

Could anyone who plays this game tell me why they're called "meow farms" though?

TA

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 05, 2009, 02:37:58 PM »

Apparently the people running them advertise by simply saying "meow" in a broadcast channel.  It's code.

Also, yeah.  Dogstar spends an entire week farming Mission Architect to get all his characters to max level, then goes and bitches to Kotaku when they take a hard line against them.  Way to be, there.
Do you understand how terrifying the words “vibrating strap on” are for an asexual? That’s like saying “the holocaust” to a Jew.

inyandep

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 05, 2009, 03:47:30 PM »

It's not that, it's that they gave them a mission editor and players are making maps that are just "Push button, Receive billions of dead high-level mobs for profit"
you should be a dev, apparently none of them figured on that whatsoever, from the way positron was posting. despite the fact that you know, the situations that mission editor sets up at base (automatically enforced minimum level making lowbies -5 to the regular leveled people, which causes the most xp gain) are like this perfect storm for powerleveling.

also, 'meow' was one of the tags that powerlevelers were putting on their missions so that they could be easily found. you got me.

also also, dogstar's thing is hilarious in a totally accidental way. ahh, that's our dogstar~

Detonator

• You made me come back for THIS?
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 11, 2009, 11:22:14 PM »

New expansion announced :rogue:

Featuring the most generic trailer ever.
"Imagine punching somebody so hard that they turned into a door. Then you found out that's where ALL doors come from, and you got initiated into a murder club that makes doors. The stronger you punch, the better the door. So there are like super strong murderers who punch people into Venetian doors and shit"

Doom

• ~run liek a wind~
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 12, 2009, 05:04:16 AM »

What a waste of effort, can't they just relaunch with City of Heroes 2 so that nobody feels like they're hopping aboard a sinking ship?

(if that is what this is then carry on)

Also hearty lawls at Statesman still being retarded.

inyandep

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 12, 2009, 01:53:37 PM »

statesman moved onto a new game to be even retardeder. world continues to spin.

the only thing i can even remotely consider of doing in the new expansion is using one of the heroside 50s i never play to mule a shitload of IOs to redside, since it's impossible to get anything there. so... uh. yeah. "inspiring".

Shinra

• Big Juicy Winners
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 23, 2009, 01:00:27 PM »

Anyone still playing this on Virtue? the lady and I are going to take up the game for at least the free trial this week to see if it can be a replacement group activity for WoW. Does Virtue have players? Is the playerbase blue side only, or is there a decent villain base? Is the COJ still around? etc
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4