Brontoforumus Archive

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This board has been fossilized.
You are reading an archive of Brontoforumus, a.k.a. The Worst Forums Ever, from 2008 to early 2014.  Registration and posting (for most members) has been disabled here to discourage spambots from taking over.  Old members can still log in to view boards, PMs, etc.

The new message board is at http://brontoforum.us.

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: News Sources  (Read 4876 times)

Thad

• Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
    • corporate-sellout.com
Re: News Sources
« Reply #40 on: August 09, 2011, 12:00:10 PM »

Warren Jeffs got himself a life sentence.  It's been a long, long time coming -- MSM attention to the case began about 7 years ago, but we've known about it in these parts a lot longer than that.

A huge share of the credit for this goes to John Dougherty and the Phoenix New Times.  (Linked article says he wrote articles on the subject between '02 and '06 but I remember seeing articles about it when I was in high school.)

The New Times isn't perfect but it's shed light on some important damned stories over the years -- the linked article mentions this one as well as the Keating Five, Arpaio, and Symington, just under Dougherty's byline.

Thad

• Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
    • corporate-sellout.com
« Reply #41 on: December 05, 2011, 10:05:42 AM »

You've probably noticed a pattern to a lot of my recent postings, hinting at what I'm reading lately.

Ars for tech.

BoingBoing for tech, OWS, hilarious retro advertisements, and general geekery.

Mark Evanier's According to Me for a wealth of excellent links to various political articles, as well as comic book history and a daily photo of Laurel and Hardy.

Charlie Stross's Diary, because whatever the hell's on his mind, it's always fascinating, and his commenters are sharp and make great conversation.  He's written great pieces on all kinds of shit, from keyboards to software design to the motivating trends behind OWS, and his current pet topic is the plausibility of actual interstellar travel (I assume he's writing a hard-SF book on the subject).

Classic

• Happens more often than you'd think.
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 05, 2011, 12:36:07 PM »

I'm a touch surprised you don't also read The Conscience of a Liberal by possibly not a horrible dirtbag Paul Krugman.

Büge

• won't give you fleaz
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 31, 2012, 07:43:52 AM »

Brentai

• https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DnXYVlPgX_o
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile