Brontoforumus Archive

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This board has been fossilized.
You are reading an archive of Brontoforumus, a.k.a. The Worst Forums Ever, from 2008 to early 2014.  Registration and posting (for most members) has been disabled here to discourage spambots from taking over.  Old members can still log in to view boards, PMs, etc.

The new message board is at http://brontoforum.us.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9

Author Topic: Soda  (Read 17579 times)

Arc

• Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
Re: Soda
« Reply #100 on: December 03, 2008, 05:19:28 AM »

Zaratustra

• what
  • Tested
    • View Profile
    • Zaratustra Productions
« Reply #101 on: December 03, 2008, 11:14:15 AM »

every soda in brazil uses cane sugar
yes even coke

Kayma

• kodePunc Team
  • Tested
    • View Profile
    • http://twitter.com/kayma
« Reply #102 on: December 03, 2008, 02:59:47 PM »

Brazil - 1, USA - 0

Arc

• Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: December 03, 2008, 04:11:14 PM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBRL7D0wcXM

:want: I want some of that purple stuff.

Mongrel

• Emoticon Knight-Errant
  • kodePunc Team
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: December 03, 2008, 04:59:25 PM »

Man... I remember an old pop commercial (brand escapes me and I have no desire to remember), that was done as a joke commercial for several non-existant brands of pop. I will always have this burning memory of one segment of the commercial where a FUCKING HUGE black guy (looking like 'celebrity football endorsement'), with a massive booming voice and crossed arms deadpans the line "I LOVE Jooky.". I wished Jooky was a real beverage, just so I could buy some. The guy was THAT AWESOME.

Cthulhu-chan

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: December 03, 2008, 08:55:04 PM »

Hell, I'd buy some just for the name.

Büge

• won't give you fleaz
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: December 04, 2008, 09:43:45 AM »

I remember that one! Oh what was it? Sprite? Five Alive?

No no, it was Sprite. They did a whole ad for the stuff.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lfOgYIOho44

Mongrel

• Emoticon Knight-Errant
  • kodePunc Team
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: December 04, 2008, 07:16:43 PM »

Aw man, you got my hopes up... I thought you found the one with the linebacker.

Arc

• Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: December 04, 2008, 07:22:34 PM »

Dublin Dr. Pepper.
What's different between this and normal?
Cane sugar.  Delicious, delicious cane sugar.
every soda in brazil uses cane sugar
yes even coke

:america: Sadness abounds... In America!

Brentai

• https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DnXYVlPgX_o
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: December 04, 2008, 08:46:44 PM »

But he's... oh nevermind.

Shinra

• Big Juicy Winners
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: May 17, 2009, 09:41:10 AM »

Well, this isn't about alcohol but I can't think of any other thread this belongs in:

So, I took a trip half-way across the state to a place called Pops yesterday. Finally, I feel vindicated for living in this state! Their boast of 500 different types of Soda was not an empty one, and the best part is that 90% of the soda in the store is severed in refrigerated cases. So we spent 30 bucks on drinks, loaded up a cooler we brought with us, and headed home. Now I can try all the regional sodas I always wanted to try - Moxie, Leninade, Red Cola, Fukola Cola, Brainwash, and a few I never actually wanted to try, like a banana soda and a mint julep flavored soda. In any case, it was a jaunty trip down route 66 to a magical tourist trap full of hard to find drinks.

Moxie was the first thing we tried, being from middle america where the stuff is never available - I'm honestly pretty impressed. It has a very weird flavor that is almost reminiscent of bubblegum, but a little more fruity and a lot more herbal. It finishes well, with no unpleasant aftertaste, and swallows smooth.  It lacks the traditional bite of a carbonated cola. It also smells incredible. If I could find it more easily it would definately make it into my rotation as a frequent drink.

McDohl

• Pika-boo
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: May 17, 2009, 10:04:23 AM »

Pretty rousing endorsement.  Moxie Classic!  Make it

Kashan

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: May 18, 2009, 09:12:12 AM »

Well, this isn't about alcohol but I can't think of any other thread this belongs in:

So, I took a trip half-way across the state to a place called Pops yesterday. Finally, I feel vindicated for living in this state! Their boast of 500 different types of Soda was not an empty one, and the best part is that 90% of the soda in the store is severed in refrigerated cases. So we spent 30 bucks on drinks, loaded up a cooler we brought with us, and headed home. Now I can try all the regional sodas I always wanted to try - Moxie, Leninade, Red Cola, Fukola Cola, Brainwash, and a few I never actually wanted to try, like a banana soda and a mint julep flavored soda. In any case, it was a jaunty trip down route 66 to a magical tourist trap full of hard to find drinks.

Moxie was the first thing we tried, being from middle america where the stuff is never available - I'm honestly pretty impressed. It has a very weird flavor that is almost reminiscent of bubblegum, but a little more fruity and a lot more herbal. It finishes well, with no unpleasant aftertaste, and swallows smooth.  It lacks the traditional bite of a carbonated cola. It also smells incredible. If I could find it more easily it would definately make it into my rotation as a frequent drink.

I didn't realize you lived in Oklahoma.

MadMAxJr

• Tested
    • View Profile
    • RPG Q&A
« Reply #113 on: May 18, 2009, 10:53:01 AM »

So, I took a trip half-way across the state to a place called Pops yesterday.

Yeah, I went there too.

Do yourself a favor, if it's a long trip to get there, make sure you use the FedEx kiosk they have to have yourself mailed more soda a week later.  You can't do internet ordering, but you can order from the booth in the store.  It's tucked away on the opposite side of the store from the entrance.

Note: The kiosk has the worst touch-screen keyboard ever.  It's in alphabetical order.
"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt." - Bertrand Russell

Got questions about RPGs?

Brentai

• Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: May 18, 2009, 11:05:49 AM »

I would love to see a public terminal with a Dvorak keyboard layout somewhere.  For the lulz.

Mongrel

• Emoticon Knight-Errant
  • kodePunc Team
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: May 18, 2009, 11:32:32 AM »

I would love to see a public terminal with a Dvorak keyboard layout somewhere.  For the lulz.

I've always wondered if using one would improve my typing skills, but then because I know I would have to switch between work and home layouts, I never bother to try.

Brentai

• Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: May 18, 2009, 12:22:43 PM »

I don't touch-type.  I have an instinctual hunt-and-peck style developed naturally over 20 years, and you guys can judge for yourself how fucking fast I type in the actually short bursts of time I have to flood this messageboard with words.

If I ever switch to Dvorak I might see some small improvement, but only if I stick with it until I'm 40.

Mongrel

• Emoticon Knight-Errant
  • kodePunc Team
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: May 18, 2009, 07:39:01 PM »

I don't touch-type.  I have an instinctual hunt-and-peck style developed naturally over 20 years, and you guys can judge for yourself how fucking fast I type in the actually short bursts of time I have to flood this messageboard with words.

If I ever switch to Dvorak I might see some small improvement, but only if I stick with it until I'm 40.

That's actually pretty much the same for me. I have very limited touch-type capabilities and this weird thing where I 'anchor' my left hand to the side of the keyboard with my pinky. I use my index fingers to an inordinate degree. 

Classic

• Happens more often than you'd think.
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: May 18, 2009, 09:31:18 PM »

I thought for a long time that I would never learn touch-type. However, in spite of myself, I've naturally run into a touch-type kind of working. I've accidentally memorized all of the key placements. Which means I can type while lying down, or not looking at thbe screen at all. Lik I'm doing now. Judge for yourself its efficacy.

McDohl

• Pika-boo
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: May 20, 2009, 05:47:04 AM »

Funny, I usually get mocked at work for how fast I can type.  Granted that there are a whole lot of errors that usually crop up.  I'm a horribly inaccurate typist when it comes to getting it right the first time.  In writing this post, I must have made about 20 errors that I instinctively go back and fix.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9