Brontoforumus Archive

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This board has been fossilized.
You are reading an archive of Brontoforumus, a.k.a. The Worst Forums Ever, from 2008 to early 2014.  Registration and posting (for most members) has been disabled here to discourage spambots from taking over.  Old members can still log in to view boards, PMs, etc.

The new message board is at http://brontoforum.us.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8

Author Topic: Fable II  (Read 8512 times)

Classic

• Happens more often than you'd think.
  • Tested
    • View Profile
Re: Fable II
« Reply #120 on: October 27, 2008, 10:48:34 AM »

... So is there a 100% risk of STDs or a 0% risk of STDs? or... Is it 100% risk of diseases that you receive from sex with your rotting Corpse Bride wife but are definitely not STDs 'cuz how could a zombie have crabs?

I think I thought about that too hard and I'm gonna vomit now. 'Scuse me.

Bongo Bill

• Dinosaurcerer
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: October 27, 2008, 05:45:32 PM »

The Skill hero is not nearly magnificent enough to be the kind of bastard he is. We're just sort of expected to believe he is. He could have been great. Even though the Will hero would still have been the best.

Care to direct me to the pocket dimension real estate agency?
Propose to someone in front of the Oakfield demon door.

I bought [spoiler]Fairfax manor[/spoiler], along with every single other property, making me the undisputed god of Monopoly: Fable Edition. I think I got some achievements and titles for it. Problem is, I set the rent on the houses and the poorest stores as low as they'd go to offset the ludicrous markup of the big stores, meaning if I ever want to see my character be anything but 100% pure, it'll be a pain in the ass.
...but is it art?

MadMAxJr

• Tested
    • View Profile
    • RPG Q&A
« Reply #122 on: October 27, 2008, 06:19:58 PM »

I don't have the heart to do this game again.  I.  I actually can't bear hearing people react to me going on manslaughter sprees to try and be evil.  I think I glitched the game when I managed to successfully target and shoot a child about nine times, and now they cant be targeted as hostiles.  I killed Thagg.  I let his flunky keep the key to the slaves, and I just couldn't stand it.  So I killed the guy, got the key back and freed the slaves.  I am amazed the game let me do both.  However -20 and +30 was still net good points.  Dammit.  I can't do this.

Walked into town, shot the bard dead, on the spot.  Felt kinda good about that.  Then I found out guards are like gauntlet monsters, they just keep coming back.  So after about seven murdered guards while wearing the halo suit and the energy blade (Yes, I got the LE gear.  It's only slightly better than your starting gear, trash later on.) I gave up and agreed to do community service for my seven murders and one presumed murder.  So I had to go fight six overwhelmingly HP stacked bandits.  I grinded enough XP off that to seriously level some stats.  What the hell.  Also doing community service seems to be a neutral act in terms of good/evil.  IT doesn't net you any good points, but I think you rack up some purity.

I am now curious if it is at all possible to be pure, but evil character.

Regardless, I am done unless someone needs a co-op buddy.  I did enjoy the fact that people who I know are going to try to shove quests that rank up good points down my throat are killable so they can't offer me the quest anymore.
"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt." - Bertrand Russell

Got questions about RPGs?

Bongo Bill

• Dinosaurcerer
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: October 27, 2008, 06:40:31 PM »

Killing hostiles is now usually a neutral act.

I was pure and evil for a lot of the early part of the game. You get glowing red eyes and (I think) a scowl. All you have to do is be a mass-murdering vegetarian.

My first playthrough I wimped out and returned to neutral. Didn't like the glowing red eyes. I think my second I'll make a real commitment to evil.
...but is it art?

Cthulhu-chan

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: October 28, 2008, 10:53:07 AM »

On the subject of Demon Doors [spoiler]Everybody loves Winter Lodge for obvious reasons, but Terry Cotter's Army is just fucking creepy.  Even though I was a dope and chose Sacrifice at endgame, I feel that I shall never be alone.

They are watching.[/spoiler]

MadMAxJr

• Tested
    • View Profile
    • RPG Q&A
« Reply #125 on: October 28, 2008, 10:54:51 AM »

On Demon doors:

[spoiler]Memory Lane is also creepy if you look in the window of the cabin.

BTW, the /last/ door is under Fairifax Manor.  Go under the front door stairs from the side.

He only opens when you have done the other 8.[/spoiler]
"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt." - Bertrand Russell

Bongo Bill

• Dinosaurcerer
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: October 28, 2008, 10:55:53 AM »

There's one that's obvious but that I still haven't done (because making myself Corrupt is going to be a total pain the way I have my real estate holdings setup), but I have no idea what the one wants who just tells you to go away because he's embarrassed.
...but is it art?

Classic

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: October 28, 2008, 11:08:09 AM »

GET NAKED!

Cthulhu-chan

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: October 28, 2008, 11:11:50 AM »

There's one that's obvious but that I still haven't done (because making myself Corrupt is going to be a total pain the way I have my real estate holdings setup), but I have no idea what the one wants who just tells you to go away because he's embarrassed.

Just keep bothering him, and he'll tell you what he needs.  You might want to have some cheese with you the first time, though.

Bongo Bill

• Dinosaurcerer
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: October 31, 2008, 08:12:52 AM »

Does anything ever happen with the [spoiler]letter from Rose[/spoiler] you might get at the end?
...but is it art?

Bongo Bill

• Dinosaurcerer
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: November 25, 2008, 02:59:55 AM »

Fable 2 DLC announced.
...but is it art?

Classic

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: November 25, 2008, 03:39:37 AM »

I'm glad I didn't buy or rent the original content then!

Bongo Bill

• Dinosaurcerer
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: November 30, 2008, 04:02:28 PM »

Today I discovered that it is impossible for two characters owned by the same person to be each others' henchmen. Which is a shame, as that would make it much easier to transfer six million golds and some custom weapons to my new guy.
...but is it art?

Bongo Bill

• Dinosaurcerer
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: January 14, 2009, 09:36:05 AM »

DLC pack hit yesterday. I finished it. All of it. And got every single new item.

Why do I love this game so much?
...but is it art?

MadMAxJr

• Tested
    • View Profile
    • RPG Q&A
« Reply #134 on: January 14, 2009, 09:55:44 AM »

I overwrote my character with a new, less fun one when I got raged about what happens to uber-good characters at the end.

Now I find out you can /undo/ that with this content pack.

Fuck this game, the company, and all their future works.

Bongo Bill

• Dinosaurcerer
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #135 on: January 14, 2009, 12:11:30 PM »

What, because they released a patch that fixed a common complaint?

Why did you overwrite your first one? It gives you six save slots.
...but is it art?

MadMAxJr

• Tested
    • View Profile
    • RPG Q&A
« Reply #136 on: January 14, 2009, 12:16:57 PM »

Reasonable solution?  No thank you, I'd rather stay angry.

:THATWAY:

Bongo Bill

• Dinosaurcerer
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: February 13, 2009, 06:12:57 AM »

I'm totally still playing this game. Finally got around to getting those last Demon Doors. Not many single-player games have managed to capture my attention like this.

Can't help thinking that there needs to be something that's exactly like it, but ditch the plot, ramp up the time it takes to get renowned, make the world bigger and denser, revamp the economy, and make it an MMO. What with the character customization and quest structure, it's already halfway there.
...but is it art?

jsnlxndrlv

• Custom Title
  • Tested
    • View Profile
    • Website title
« Reply #138 on: February 13, 2009, 06:35:02 AM »

I've been reading Shamus Young's excoriating criticism of Fable II's plot (Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4, Part 5), but even he calls the gameplay "a triumph" and "the best game Peter Molyneux has ever made".  I think that, if I do wind up getting Fable 2, I'll have to get it used.
Signature:
Signatures are displayed at the bottom of each post or personal message. BBCode and smileys may be used in your signature.

Bongo Bill

• Dinosaurcerer
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: February 13, 2009, 06:38:19 AM »

The weird thing about it is like the importance of the story and the sidequests in Fable 2 is backwards relative to most RPGs. Normally you pay attention to the story and the sidequests can be terrible but you'll do them for the rewards; in Fable 2, you pay attention to the sidequests, and the story is terrible but you do it for the rewards. (It helps that the story is maybe one-fifth of the total content of the game)
...but is it art?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8