Brontoforumus Archive

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This board has been fossilized.
You are reading an archive of Brontoforumus, a.k.a. The Worst Forums Ever, from 2008 to early 2014.  Registration and posting (for most members) has been disabled here to discourage spambots from taking over.  Old members can still log in to view boards, PMs, etc.

The new message board is at http://brontoforum.us.

Pages: 1 ... 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 ... 38

Author Topic: Left 4 Dead  (Read 44674 times)

• Magic Gunner Miss Blue
  • Tested
    • View Profile
Re: Left 4 Dead
« Reply #560 on: February 10, 2010, 03:35:44 PM »

So the mechanic where voice chat is fucked during Hard Rain's storms is cool for the first few seconds, and suddenly not cool when you're trying to scream that the other 3 members of your team are about to run face first into a witch.

Alex

• the Slug
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #561 on: February 10, 2010, 03:55:04 PM »

Worse when you get dumped onto a laggy server.

Defenestration

• The Sixth Window
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #562 on: February 11, 2010, 12:20:52 AM »

So the mechanic where voice chat is fucked during Hard Rain's storms is cool for the first few seconds, and suddenly not cool when you're trying to scream that the other 3 members of your team are about to run face first into a witch.
...What? This is WHY it is cool.
Una salus victis nullam sperare salutem

Alex

• the Slug
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #563 on: February 11, 2010, 02:24:47 AM »

I do agree that the mechanic is absolutely amazing.

Royal☭

• Supreme Court Judge President
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #564 on: February 11, 2010, 10:34:45 AM »

So last night, Niku, Smiler, Doom and I were having a bitch of a time on the swamp map, so we decided to try some versus.  After a revolving door of derps and jerks in the lobby, we eventually got a team of some clan members and two random people together for Dark Carnival.

The first stage went good for us, as we nearly made it to the safe house.  I was stopped at the top of the hill by a smoker, and a well placed charger stopped the other 3 right outside the safe house.  So when it came our turn, we were having difficulty pinning them in the motel, but managed to stop to of them at the top of the hill with a hunter and a smoker, while Smiler and Doom rode them as jockeys at the bottom.  First round, goes to us!

In the second act, we were doing fine up until the point a tank appeared and incapacitated Smiler by the water slide.  So naturally Doom and I rush to his aid, jumping off a building and breaking our legs in a most heroic manner.  When you go from playing TF2 to L4D, it can be disorienting when you can't jump off buildings.  Niku died a ignominious death somewhere else.  Now it was our turn to show these guys what for!

And they curb stomped us!  Getting a bunch of medpacks, shutting down Smiler as the tank and basically sticking and not letting us near them.  Even our Boomer vomit only managed to get 3 or 4 zombies to attack them.  It would have been the most embarrassing event of the night if they hadn't gone and done it on the Tunnel of Love section as well!  They shut us out twice!

So we decide to Rambo through the Tunnel of Love!  We make it only about halfway before we are obliterated.  So on the fourth attack, we decide we have to get our shit together.

We wait around awhile (these guys took forever in the safe house), and I was a Smoker, Smiler was a Hunter, Niku was a Jockey and Doom was a Spitter.  I fuck up at first as they come out of the safehouse, unable to hit any of them with my tongue, and it looks like we're in for a repeat of the last map.  When suddenly Smiler lands a lucky pounce on a straggling human, who is promptly abandoned by his teammates.  Then Niku grabs one of the other guys while I simultaneous pick up a third with my tongue.  Niku manages to take the guy for quite a ride, actually, while Doom sprays the last guy with acid.  They didn't even get 25% through the map before we completely shut them down.  It was incredible.

Then all but one guy rage quit.  Guess the game is no fun when your opponents put up a fight!

Niku

• MEAT
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #565 on: February 11, 2010, 05:10:26 PM »

Hey, I was the one who Jockeyed the dude off of the hill during round 1.  CREDIT DUE.

Also you forgot the end of the coaster level when I charge-bowled all four of them when they opened the safehouse door to let the straggler in.  Sure it didn't win the map, BUT GOD, SATISFACTION.

also i died to the tank on the roof due to two of my team members mysteriously leaping off a roof and incapping themselves

So last night, Niku, Smiler, Doom and I were having a bitch of a time on the swamp map, so we decided to try some versus.

For what it's worth, I have more fun running into a brick wall over and over again on Expert Campaign than I have ever had on any other difficulty level.  Even Advanced just doesn't get you to take the zombies as a REAL threat nearly enough.
i'm a blog now, blogs are cool: a fantastic machine made of meat

François

• Huh.
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #566 on: February 11, 2010, 06:02:36 PM »

Hordes on advanced are only a threat when other shit is going down, like if a random Charger bowls through everyone and a horde shows up before you can free whoever got grabbed. But on expert they do enough damage to be a standalone threat at least on par with the specials, and you can't just shrug off 3-4 hits per rush anymore.

Similarly, uncommon infected are pretty much only a significant factor on expert too. On advanced and easier they're so fragile they might as well just be skin swaps.

Saturn

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #567 on: February 11, 2010, 07:26:49 PM »

Screenshots of The crossing have popped up on the interwebs.

of note, the scrapped "survivor" zombie seems to be actually used now, and HEAVY MACHINE GUN

Doom

• ~run liek a wind~
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #568 on: February 11, 2010, 07:44:01 PM »

After having a great night last night, the server decided that we weren't allowed to have a boomer tonight.

Basically every time we hit 2-4 people with bile, no horde spawned.

Uhhhhhhhhh wow. So all we have to do is wipe the enemy team without the best source of chaos and confusion in the game.

:barf: First time in a long time I've actually hated playing the game.

Royal☭

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #569 on: February 11, 2010, 07:59:23 PM »

Yeah, that was all kinds of fucked up.  During the last leg of Dead Center, they basically ran around the mall with absolutely no zombies.  When we spawned, zombies everywhere.

Defenestration

• The Sixth Window
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #570 on: February 11, 2010, 09:56:59 PM »

I've seen as a horde spawn with as few as one zombie, but I've never seen *nothing* result. I'm almost wondering if that's just some server mod built in to make boomers useless to troll people.
Una salus victis nullam sperare salutem

Smiler

• HOM NOM NOM NOM
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #571 on: February 11, 2010, 10:04:41 PM »

When we got boomered we had hoards attacking us. It was some crazy RNG shit.

Royal☭

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #572 on: February 12, 2010, 08:48:27 AM »

The sad part about this is, when the horde does bother to show up to our infected rounds, we are nothing short of avatars of pure chaos.  That team last night wasn't even very good; they constantly refused to check their backs often split up or left stragglers behind.  It's just that, no matter how bad a team is, they always have an advantage over 4 special infected alone.

I definitely want to play this hardcore tonight.  I feel we must win Versus.  Win it for all Brontannia!

Royal☭

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #573 on: February 12, 2010, 11:15:13 AM »

Only guy to get knocked down once and only use one medpack?  BETTER KICK HIM.

To all the useless pubbies,::fuckyou:

Niku

• MEAT
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #574 on: February 12, 2010, 11:27:57 AM »

You missed one of the best parts of last night when I got a PM from you asking if it was possible to kick people, followed by a VOTE TO KICK _____ and _____ saying "what?  why?" instantly before being kicked for you.

Royal☭

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #575 on: February 12, 2010, 11:32:25 AM »

Why did you kick two people for me?

Also are you giving me grief for wanting to rejoin the game I was playing before my internet went all fritzy?

Niku

• MEAT
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #576 on: February 12, 2010, 11:47:23 AM »

no I was saying his befuddlement was hilarious

kicking pubbies is just plain fun!

Doom

• ~run liek a wind~
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #577 on: February 12, 2010, 08:38:07 PM »

So out of ten total stages (5 us, 5 them), the enemy survivor team got two entire stages(3 and 4) with minimal infected spawns. Including the entire first half of the third stage having no more than four zombies.

this sure is fucking fun you guys  :endit:

NexAdruin

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #578 on: February 12, 2010, 09:55:30 PM »

Is there a reason hordes spawn before you open the door in the 3rd chapter of Dead Center?

Saturn

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #579 on: February 13, 2010, 07:19:15 PM »

because the AI director tends to be a bit retarded.
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 ... 38