Brontoforumus Archive

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This board has been fossilized.
You are reading an archive of Brontoforumus, a.k.a. The Worst Forums Ever, from 2008 to early 2014.  Registration and posting (for most members) has been disabled here to discourage spambots from taking over.  Old members can still log in to view boards, PMs, etc.

The new message board is at http://brontoforum.us.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8

Author Topic: Silent Vanilla Wolf  (Read 9413 times)

Kazz

• Projekt Direktor
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
Re: Silent Vanilla Wolf
« Reply #40 on: November 06, 2008, 05:22:06 PM »

The Vault Dwellers decided, simultaneously and arbitrarily, to blame McDohl for the broken door, and also to punish him with death.  He was a regular old mashed-potato face.

Then, someone bumped the light switch by accident!  When they finally came back on, Niku's guts were strewn around the room.  This was quite unfortunate, because he was the Overseer.

Day 2

Alive

Bongo Bill
Classic
Defenstration
Disposable Ninja
Envy
Friday
Guild
Lunartick
SCD
Zaratustra

Dead

McDohl, a mashed-potato face
Niku, an Overseer

It takes 6 baseless finger-pointings to all-the-way murder someone.

Guild

• Board Moderator
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 06, 2008, 05:26:05 PM »

So we killed a wolf, right?

And we lost our seer?

Just to be sure we're all on the same page.

Kazz

• Projekt Direktor
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 06, 2008, 05:26:24 PM »

You killed an innocent.  The werewolves are the mutants.

McDohl

• Pika-boo
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 06, 2008, 05:27:28 PM »

I know I'm breaking the taboo of dead people talking, but I just have to laugh.  NIGHT KILLING THE SEER. :lol:

Guild

• Board Moderator
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 06, 2008, 05:29:19 PM »

A "bah" post is totally ok, from my perspective.

Disposable Ninja

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: November 06, 2008, 06:10:12 PM »

I say death to Friday, due to her sparse posting habits and bandwagon jump.

SCD

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 06, 2008, 06:15:50 PM »

As much as pointing at Friday seems like jumping on a bandwagon, she did say all those mean things to me.. :sadpanda:

Guild

• Board Moderator
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 06, 2008, 07:59:52 PM »

Is there a potential investigation of Friday as a wolf?

Classic

• Happens more often than you'd think.
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 06, 2008, 09:05:26 PM »

Friday made me cry.

Guild

• Board Moderator
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 07, 2008, 01:06:10 AM »

I'd like to know why we're voting for Friday before I help you guys feed your mutant faces.

Defenestration

• The Sixth Window
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: November 07, 2008, 01:13:22 AM »

I'm voting for BongoBill because he was awfully suspiciously nice at the beginning of the first day. Like he is trying to suck up a bit. And a little bit of a gut feeling.
Una salus victis nullam sperare salutem

Guild

• Board Moderator
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 07, 2008, 01:34:38 AM »

Dohl's wagon: A full autopsy

That's not a Pip-Boy, that's a hideous mutant growth!

McDohl!

Random here. No conclusions to draw now.

Since I trust Niku's insight, I too will vote for McDohl.

Why would you trust an unknown player's random vote?

Mcdohl Pip-boy? Thats a linching, Shocked Zidane face? thats a linching. Voting against a ninja? You better believe thats a lynching.

IT'S ENVY YAYAYAYAYAY

hurrr McDohl

When you do that it makes me think you're saying "Duh, lynch McDohl." Is that the inflection/tone you were going for here? If so, why? If not, feel free to kick me in the teef.

Switching to McDohl

SCD's name came up in some interesting places:

Lets get this game started. scd

Random. Nothing to gain from this yet. Also YAY

SCD earns my vote for what might be the lamest attempt at bandwagon camouflage in the whole game.

Here's some blame.

In light of this, I'm switching my vote to SCD. Provided that vote-changing is allowed. If it ain't, then obviously I don't do that.

Here's an ambiguous reason to join the SCD wagon, but I feel bongo's inno for the most part, so meh.

And yeah, come to think of it, since I don't like agreeing with Classic on anything I'm going to agree with Bill (and Lunartick) for the SCD vote.  It's horrible mutants who get impatient.

Impatience for night IS a thing I think wolves are likely to feel. Is this a slip by SCD?

ok lets kill SCD

Today, SCD promotes a lynch of Friday. Can you explain this, SCD?

SCD has been hoping on bandwagons just as often (if not more opportunistically) than Friday.

SCD

Guild

• Board Moderator
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 07, 2008, 01:36:23 AM »

To clarify: SCD points the attack finger back at his attacker. Being attacked in this game is not a sign of mutanthood. Find your own suspect and don't just reflex kick people!

Bongo Bill

• Dinosaurcerer
  • Board Moderator
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 07, 2008, 04:56:56 AM »

SCD. I'm just curious, is all.
...but is it art?

Disposable Ninja

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 07, 2008, 08:01:06 AM »

Since I trust Niku's insight, I too will vote for McDohl.

Why would you trust an unknown player's random vote?

The only way to play the game is to post early or, failing that, agree with someone. Niku's rad, so why not him?

Guild

• Board Moderator
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: November 07, 2008, 11:25:17 AM »

1) Niku's radness isn't a factor in his win condition.
2) False choice. The third option is to have an opinion of your own.

I'm not calling you a mutant for it (necessarily). I'm just calling attention to it.

Lunartick

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: November 07, 2008, 02:27:41 PM »

For me, the wolves seem to be Guild and, more likely, Defenestration.

Guild, because he keeps trying to guide us all from his flying castle, which isn't a bad thing unless he is mutantic. But it seems very scummy to to try and over-control the lynch. Also, Guild seems to like being a great and talkative innocent when he is mafia. People with roles are generally much more talkative, are they not?

Defnestration because he voted pretty randomly for Niku and then deleted his post, after which he killed Niku anyway. Suspicious. Very much so.

I wont be casting my vote just yet. I wanna hear more, especially from the votes who are trying to lynch Friday.

SCD

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: November 07, 2008, 02:55:56 PM »

In the last game, the wolves turned out to be the least talkative of the lot.  While your Guild theory has me curious, the slow-movers and the stealthiest of wagon-hoppers seem to be the likely target. 

While I really have no doubts on your picks, lunartick I am interested in seeing if my hunches are right with those who speak less than two sentences per choice.

Guild

• Board Moderator
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: November 07, 2008, 03:40:17 PM »

Guild['s a wolf] because he keeps trying to guide us all

How/where did I call for ANYONE at all to agree with me or act on my summaries? Do you consider the rest of the vault easily manipulated by me? I assure you, it has been demonstrated many times before, in this very arena, that such is not typically the case.

But just in case...

OOGIE BOOGIE VAULT DWELLERS! I AM THE BIG BAD MANIPULATOR GUILDENSTERN! I HAVE YOU ALL BY THE BALLS! I PLANNED EVERYTHING YOU'VE SEEN IN THIS GAME SO FAR FIVE MOVES IN ADVANCE, SO NO MATTER WHAT EVENTUAL DECISION YOU COME TO, KNOW THAT I PLANNED IT WITH MY SOOPERER BRANE!!

Logic is without emotion, spin or manipulation. I recommend everyone think for themselves and not scapegoat others to shift the burden of blame when/if a mislynch occurs by following others.

from his flying castle,

What is the flying castle in question?

which isn't a bad thing unless he is mutantic. But it seems very scummy to to try and over-control the lynch.

Control is done by limiting information. What I'm doing is presenting information. Can you build a stronger case against anyone else? I'm not exactly 100% sure of SCD, you know, despite my strongly worded playstyle. You might convince me if you put any effort into attacking someone.

Also, Guild seems to like being a great and talkative innocent when he is mafia.

*blush*

Too innocent to be innocent is a new one. Let's ask the mutants if they'd like to lynch people who seem very town.

What say you, mutants?

People with roles are generally much more talkative, are they not?

Defnestration because he voted pretty randomly for Niku and then deleted his post, after which he killed Niku anyway. Suspicious. Very much so.

I was suspicious of Defenestration yesterday for the same reason, and because he was third on a wagon. Nothing he's done has alleviated that.

I wont be casting my vote just yet. I wanna hear more, especially from the votes who are trying to lynch Friday.

That would have been nice at the time.

Defenestration

• The Sixth Window
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: November 07, 2008, 03:44:11 PM »

For the record, before the edit it was a vote change to SCD, and then reconsidered and changed again for Niku.
I don't think it was random at all. Any player has potential to get impatient, and I don't know anyone here too well yet. And if I was a wolf, why would I vote for someone I would kill anyway instead of jumping on a bandwagon and appearing normal?
Just consider, is your suspicion justified, or is it my own hamhanded inexperience?

In other news, I'm considering switching my vote, but I can't decide whether I should go for SCD or Guild. There's something off with both of them.
Una salus victis nullam sperare salutem
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8