Brontoforumus Archive

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This board has been fossilized.
You are reading an archive of Brontoforumus, a.k.a. The Worst Forums Ever, from 2008 to early 2014.  Registration and posting (for most members) has been disabled here to discourage spambots from taking over.  Old members can still log in to view boards, PMs, etc.

The new message board is at http://brontoforum.us.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 ... 48

Author Topic: Effects of Mass  (Read 62814 times)

Disposable Ninja

• Tested
    • View Profile
Re: Effects of Mass
« Reply #140 on: November 29, 2009, 01:57:48 PM »

UGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH BARF IS THERE ANY CHARACTER IN MASS EFFECT 2 THAT WASN'T WRITTEN BY A FUCKING 13 YEAR OLD

There might be. There's like twelve player characters.

TA

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: November 29, 2009, 02:25:15 PM »

T Bleck
[spoiler]You can't romance Tali because her species can't handle GEEEEEEEERMS which is why her suit is full-body[/spoiler]

Or maybe that's all just what her species's leaders have been telling them for generations and generations and nobody's ever thought to question it until Tali is driven to by her love for Shephard's mighty thews and then it turns out that microorganisms don't really cross species that well and she's totally fine and leads a revolution among her people.

Basically I have no faith in the writers of this thing.  What would be awesome is if you suggest that and she goes with it and then five minutes after the love scene she just died, but they're not gonna do anything hilarious.
Do you understand how terrifying the words “vibrating strap on” are for an asexual? That’s like saying “the holocaust” to a Jew.

Norondor

• Where I'm at is: Fuck you, get shot
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: November 29, 2009, 08:57:34 PM »

UGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH BARF IS THERE ANY CHARACTER IN MASS EFFECT 2 THAT WASN'T WRITTEN BY A FUCKING 13 YEAR OLD

Just Tali

Also IIRC the dudes at the place said tali wasn't susceptible to human bugs so consider that a definite "maybe"

But this IS Bioware and they simply do not allow the best character in any of their games to be romanceable (Neeshka, Wynne)

Classic

• Happens more often than you'd think.
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: November 29, 2009, 09:18:57 PM »

I thought that NWN2 was done by another company and that a proper Neeshka romance was removed due to time constraints?

Rico

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: November 29, 2009, 09:34:30 PM »

TA

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: November 29, 2009, 09:56:39 PM »

I thought that NWN2 was done by another company and that a proper Neeshka romance was removed due to time constraints?

Yeah, that's what happened.  Oblivion has a habit of being told to make Bioware sequels, making them leagues better, and then having their funding cut short and having to ship the game 80% done.
Do you understand how terrifying the words “vibrating strap on” are for an asexual? That’s like saying “the holocaust” to a Jew.

Norondor

• Tested
    • View Profile

Disposable Ninja

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: December 01, 2009, 02:33:40 PM »

New character: Samara, an Asari with... issues.

She's a step up from Liara, at least.

Nevertheless, it's good to know the first game's obsession with brutally murdering Asari is in full swing.

Norondor

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: December 01, 2009, 03:22:43 PM »

UNPREDICTABLE AND VIOLENTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT

Bal

• Cheerful in the face of nuclear armageddon
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: December 01, 2009, 03:47:03 PM »

I seem to recall reading about the Justicars in the background world material from the first game. Best summed up as crazy zealous bitches.

PhoenixUltima

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #150 on: December 02, 2009, 12:25:45 AM »

Wait, wait, Neeshka was the best character in NWN2? Did I miss some secret quest that makes her not a selfish whiny prick or something? Because whenever I had her in my party (which wasn't very often, seeing as my first character was a rogue!) she pouted and whined whenever I didn't want to be a completely selfish asshole (I was playing Chaotic Good, so this was fairly often). Honestly, I didn't really care all that much about the characters in NWN2, but my favorite would either have to be Shandra, simply because she's a normal person and not a total self-absorbed whiny cock, Bishop, because he at least is totally honest about being a complete self-absorbed cock and revels in it (although I don't actually *like* him so probably not him), or mmmmmmmmaybe Khelgar just because he's so fun to listen to.

Of course, you can pick pretty much any character at random from Mask of the Betrayer and they're guaranteed to be 500% more awesome than anyone in the original campaign. But then, most characters would pale in comparison to, say, [spoiler]THE GOD OF BEARS.[/spoiler]
The captain of the gravy train!

Classic

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: December 02, 2009, 01:13:19 AM »

[spoiler]Ammon[/spoiler] was also a kind of neat character, if for no other reason than because he made the influence system seem more dynamic than it really was.

Yeah, I would have liked the ability to meaningfully sway more of my companions' alignments in the main campaign. Coax Neeshka into being less of a selfish bitch, akin to the ToB alignment change you can trigger in Viconia, for example. Also, I was a bit annoyed with some of the dialog tree railroading that went on, but I guess that's to be expected.

I imagine in about a year we'll see an independent group re-release the main campaign the way it was "meant to be" ala team gizka (only actually being done in a reasonable span of time).

EDIT: Maybe some of this discussion should get merged elsewhere? I know I've gone pretty far off track from Mass Effect.

Disposable Ninja

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: December 03, 2009, 11:46:56 PM »

Mercy Fuck, looks like Mass Effect 2 will be 2 discs long.

... How does that work with a Bioware game?

Classic

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: December 04, 2009, 01:02:56 AM »

The second disk is all codecs. :ohshi~:

Alex

• the Slug
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: December 04, 2009, 01:46:03 AM »

So...Xenogears?

yyler

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: December 07, 2009, 03:49:05 AM »

In April Bioware said they'd take the elevators out of ME

We have a completely new system to handle transitions between areas that speeds the load times and turns the loads themselves into part of the game experience. It's one of many points of feedback we've heard and directly responded to in enhancing the gameplay in Mass Effect 2.
then on Friday they said this
The elevators were made in ME1 so we didn't have to show boring loading screens. However there were a lot of complaints, so we've gone back to loading screens and movies. We still have elevators in ME2, but you don't wait inside them. We'll cut to a loading screen instead.
We'll cut to a loading screen instead.

HOLY
MOLY

HATERS GONNA HATE IMO

yyler

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: December 07, 2009, 03:49:30 AM »

McDohl

• Pika-boo
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: December 07, 2009, 07:28:42 AM »

The elevator thing, I thought, was a good idea for area transition.  Of course, just watching your dudes chill there doing nothing was boring with muzak and everything.  However, I liked hearing the news reports about Shepard's exploits and the various conversations between your allies, and the latter served to expand the group dynamic between your supporting cast.

Doom

• ~run liek a wind~
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: December 07, 2009, 10:08:44 AM »

However, I liked hearing the news reports about Shepard's exploits and the various conversations between your allies,

THIS! Why are people so god damn stupid?! The elevators were perfectly fine!

Disposable Ninja

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: December 07, 2009, 10:14:31 AM »

But but but Doom you had to look at your characters and you couldn't move for like 45 seconds!
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 ... 48