Brontoforumus Archive

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This board has been fossilized.
You are reading an archive of Brontoforumus, a.k.a. The Worst Forums Ever, from 2008 to early 2014.  Registration and posting (for most members) has been disabled here to discourage spambots from taking over.  Old members can still log in to view boards, PMs, etc.

The new message board is at http://brontoforum.us.

Poll

Black/White and Starter?

Black/Smugsnake
- 5 (18.5%)
Black/Sadotter
- 5 (18.5%)
Black/Firepig
- 3 (11.1%)
White/Smugsnake
- 5 (18.5%)
White/Sadotter
- 3 (11.1%)
White/Firepig
- 6 (22.2%)

Total Members Voted: 27

Pages: 1 ... 54 55 56 57 58 [59] 60 61 62 63 64 ... 78

Author Topic: Pokeymans  (Read 101065 times)

teg

• DONUTS GONNA' DON
  • Tested
    • View Profile
    • Teg's Dumb Art
Re: Pokeymans
« Reply #1160 on: March 06, 2011, 03:00:58 AM »

Cancelled my pre-order. I'll just pick it up at work on payday anyway. It's not like Pokémon is hard to find after launch.

I started laughing when I saw the pre-order line at EB. Blockbuster opened two hours earlier, had the game for the same price, and had no lineup.

McDohl

• Pika-boo
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #1161 on: March 06, 2011, 07:36:20 AM »

I HAVE AN ADORABLE PUPPY.  HE WILL BE MY BEST FRIEND.

I feel like a kid again. :D

Zach

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #1162 on: March 06, 2011, 09:58:01 AM »

Never let your puppy grow up! He will lose Pickup for something that is not Pickup.

He's still cute though.

Lady Duke

• Shiny Ranger
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #1163 on: March 08, 2011, 04:57:05 AM »

Mine never started with pickup, but she's cooler than everyone's so I don't care.  I feel like this version is a lot more difficult than any other version.  I find myself actually being frustrated at gym leaders, rather than yawning my way through the game.  Wicked sick of the bad guys in this version already.  And I just seriously threw like 10 pokeballs at a motherfucking liepard and that little whore almost killed all my pokemon before I could catch it >:O

I don't understand tackle buff though, and I'm not sure if I care for sturdy being buffed, other than I guess it was just absolutely useless before and now it actually ever serves a function in competitive battling.  I'll just grind my way through the game and hope while I'm completing my dex I'll find a shiny.

JDigital

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #1164 on: March 08, 2011, 08:12:34 AM »

A couple of moves have increased in power in Black/White.

Fury Cutter went from 10 to 20.
Bullet Seed and Icicle Spear went from 10 to 25.
Fire Spin, and Sand Tomb and Whirlpool went from 15 to 35 (and increased accuracy from 70% to 85%)
Covey went from 40 to 60.
Uproar went from 50 to 90.
Giga Drain and Drain Punch went from 60 to 75.
Future Sight went from 80 to 100.
Jump Kick went from 85 to 100.
Thrash and Petal Dance went from 90 to 120.
Hi Jump Kick went from 100 to 130.
Doom Desire went from 120 to 140.
Last Resort went from 130 to 140.
Beat Up and Punishment went from flat damage to special damage.

The following moves increased in accuracy: Bind, Tackle, Wrap, Disable, Fire Spin, Toxic, Clamp, Glare, Poison Gas, Crabhammer, Cotton Spore, Future Sight, Whirlpool, Sand Tomb, Rock Blast, Doom Desire, and Magma Storm.

Lottel

• You know that's right
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #1165 on: March 08, 2011, 04:08:28 PM »

Mine never started with pickup, but she's cooler than everyone's so I don't care.  I feel like this version is a lot more difficult than any other version.  I find myself actually being frustrated at gym leaders, rather than yawning my way through the game.  Wicked sick of the bad guys in this version already.  And I just seriously threw like 10 pokeballs at a motherfucking liepard and that little whore almost killed all my pokemon before I could catch it >:O

I don't understand tackle buff though, and I'm not sure if I care for sturdy being buffed, other than I guess it was just absolutely useless before and now it actually ever serves a function in competitive battling.  I'll just grind my way through the game and hope while I'm completing my dex I'll find a shiny.

It's a lot harder. Evidence is all the random people outside of town who heal you. Seriously. After the first gym there is the preschool and then the nurse. 50 feet from each other and right outside of a town. And I still visited them several times. Also, catch rates are harder from what I've heard.
And with my special rules in place, it's fucking impossible.

And worst of all, is the fact that there are only 6 slots. In the last few games I had maybe three or four guys I wanted on my team and the others were just fillers. But this time around every time I catch a new mon I have a hard decision as who to keep. I spent ten minutes trying to choose between a guy who would be useful against a gym or one of the guys who's done great by me so far.  I ended up boxing Lillipup for Timburr. And now I have to decide to box him for Scraggy or not.

At least back in the day I had a few favorites that were guaranteed a slot. Now? Nope. I have no knowledge of any of the new pokemon. So I don't know anyone to look forward to.

ALSO: I'm drunk for most of this so that may factor into it.

Zach

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #1166 on: March 08, 2011, 05:55:02 PM »

Keep Scraggy. He's a trooper.

JDigital

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #1167 on: March 09, 2011, 08:59:54 AM »

I suspect they've improved game balance so there are fewer early "uber" options like Kadabra, Sleep Powder, etc.

They also changed the XP scale so you get less XP from grinding on lower-level monsters, so it's more difficult to out-level your opponents and levelling requires more trips to the Pokémon centre.

Rosencrantz

• Renegade Game Counselor
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #1168 on: March 09, 2011, 12:58:26 PM »

Audino is the best way to grind for levels, at least before you can re-fight the Elite Four over and over. (I'm only at the third gym, so I wouldn't know.) Audino appears in shaking patches of grass in -- I believe -- every place in the game where there's grass, so they more-or-less scale with your level throughout the main story.

Beating an Audino that's about equal level to your Pokémon gets you roughly one full level, maybe a little less. If you switch out a low leveled 'mon, they'll get most of the experience and gain multiple levels. It's insane.

They've got low attack, but high defense and special defense. They're kinda like Metal Slimes, only they don't run away (at least, they haven't for me yet).

Bongo Bill

• Dinosaurcerer
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #1169 on: March 09, 2011, 01:48:33 PM »

How do you find an Audino? I notice that they can be found everywhere, but there's obviously a trick to it.
...but is it art?

Rosencrantz

• Renegade Game Counselor
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #1170 on: March 09, 2011, 02:09:13 PM »

How do you find an Audino? I notice that they can be found everywhere, but there's obviously a trick to it.

Just run around near (not in) some grass and eventually a patch will start shaking. Walk (don't run) over to it, and if you don't get into a random battle before you reach the shaking grass, you'll get into a battle with an Audino.

There are also shaking mounds of dirt in caves and little splashing tiles of water, where you can run into other rare Pokemon.

Bongo Bill

• Dinosaurcerer
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #1171 on: March 09, 2011, 02:32:31 PM »

Ah, they're in the shaking patches. I've only made it to one of those, and it was just another Pansage. But it makes sense that they'd hide other, better rare ones in those as well.
...but is it art?

Rico

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #1172 on: March 09, 2011, 04:20:16 PM »

Just run around near (not in) some grass and eventually a patch will start shaking. Walk (don't run) over to it, and if you don't get into a random battle before you reach the shaking grass, you'll get into a battle with an Audino.

There are also shaking mounds of dirt in caves and little splashing tiles of water, where you can run into other rare Pokemon.

JDigital

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #1173 on: March 09, 2011, 05:17:17 PM »

Does running really raise the encounter rate? Perhaps it only seems that way because you're covering ground more quickly.

Victini is great for XP early on. If you knock it out, it respawns when you leave the room and re-enter. It gives the most XP of anything except Audino and some legendaries, but it battles a lot more quickly than Audino. There's even a healer NPC nearby.

teg

• DONUTS GONNA' DON
  • Tested
    • View Profile
    • Teg's Dumb Art
« Reply #1174 on: March 09, 2011, 10:56:51 PM »

Starting with HG/SS, running upped the encounter rate. It also made trainers that would normally look around randomly instantly notice you no matter what.

R^2

• Not in the game.
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #1175 on: March 09, 2011, 11:48:08 PM »

Pansage? Those guys are random encounters in every fucking field in the game.

Lady Duke

• Shiny Ranger
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #1176 on: March 10, 2011, 03:49:43 AM »

God damn nightmare this game.  Seriously.  The random encounters are ridiculously high, and Kazz and I often have a laugh at the nurses/doctors in every fucking area in the game.  I look forward to finding them as I cry my way through dungeons/paths.  And then I get to gyms and yawn my way through them.  Apparently, only the first couple gyms were a pain, because I can easily manage gyms now, I just hate every area I have to get through.

Audinos are nice in the shaky grass, but I often wish I'd just find the rare pokemon instead.  At route 7 or wherever the fuck, I found an emolga and killed it by accident, and I haven't seen another since--just audinos, one after another. 

As for party pokemon, yeah, I keep wondering what the hell to replace on my team, and I don't want to replace my stoutland, but .......he's normal, so I guess I'll have to sometime soon, because I want my litwick on my team badly.  Team right now:

Gurdurr
Stoutland
Zebstrika
Krokorock or whatever his name is
Swoobat
Samurott

Things I like though, when pokemon are sleeping, their eyes are closed :3

Bongo Bill

• Dinosaurcerer
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #1177 on: March 10, 2011, 04:01:54 AM »

The random encounter rate is lower if you're not running, but I have noticed getting into a lot more fights. Several times when I get into one a single step after the last one.

Just after the fifth badge, here's my team:

Snowball the Pignite
Kurna the Tirtouga
Presley the Boldore
The Fuzz the Cottonee
Rocky Road the Vanillite
Kosciuszko the Rufflet (got in a trade, 'cause there's no way these guys are available this early)

I'm not sure about Rocky Road, but since I've already left a few mons behind (like Ogee the Tranquill) there won't be too much of a problem if I decide to switch it out with something else later. I'm mostly concerned about being left with no solution to the Dragon Problem.
...but is it art?

Roger

• Waiting for the next Smash Bros is the Pits
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #1178 on: March 10, 2011, 05:17:36 AM »

Sounds no different than usual to me.  Heck, I have in prior games gotten into encounters just from turning.

Ziiro

• Inquiry?
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #1179 on: March 10, 2011, 06:18:36 AM »

Well, I got Black. Playing through it now.

I can't wait to trade my--

Quote from: The previous page
The PokéShifter is unlocked after beating the Elite Four

Fuck.
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 56 57 58 [59] 60 61 62 63 64 ... 78