Brontoforumus Archive

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This board has been fossilized.
You are reading an archive of Brontoforumus, a.k.a. The Worst Forums Ever, from 2008 to early 2014.  Registration and posting (for most members) has been disabled here to discourage spambots from taking over.  Old members can still log in to view boards, PMs, etc.

The new message board is at http://brontoforum.us.

Poll

Black/White and Starter?

Black/Smugsnake
- 5 (18.5%)
Black/Sadotter
- 5 (18.5%)
Black/Firepig
- 3 (11.1%)
White/Smugsnake
- 5 (18.5%)
White/Sadotter
- 3 (11.1%)
White/Firepig
- 6 (22.2%)

Total Members Voted: 27

Pages: 1 ... 61 62 63 64 65 [66] 67 68 69 70 71 ... 78

Author Topic: Pokeymans  (Read 101050 times)

JDigital

• Tested
    • View Profile
Re: Pokeymans
« Reply #1300 on: April 07, 2011, 04:31:51 PM »

I don't know why I'm hoarding dittoes. I can't stop

Crouton

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #1301 on: April 07, 2011, 05:00:56 PM »

Helps to have a few. I had 2 dittos at one point and neither of them would breed with my typhlosion for example. I had to transfer another one up from SoulSilver to breed.

patito

• kodePunc Team
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #1302 on: April 07, 2011, 05:23:10 PM »

Important information for Bongobill regarding battle subways

You get 3 points in the single line every 7 battles but 10 at the 21st, so you get 16 points for the full ride. Which you need to finish to get access to the super line where you get 5 every 7 battles and probably more than 10 at the 21st, I'm not there yet so I don't know the exact amount.

So yes, it is a good idea to get at least to 21 in the single line for a reasonable amount of points.

Aintaer

• My hubris!
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #1303 on: April 08, 2011, 09:00:02 AM »

On the super lines, you get to battle a full 48 before you hit the boss, who gives you 30 points. For a grand total of 60 points.

Aintaer

• My hubris!
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #1304 on: April 13, 2011, 09:38:19 AM »

Bane of my existence:

Lottel

• You know that's right
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #1305 on: April 16, 2011, 12:14:50 PM »

Two things about that.
One: Why can't you automatically add your Registered Friends to Dream Pal's list?
Two: THAT FUCKING BRICKBREAKER EEVEE GAME. The screen keeps freezing while the game keeps playing. That's the only reason I lose a life. RAAAAAAGING

Bongo Bill

• Dinosaurcerer
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #1306 on: April 16, 2011, 01:55:45 PM »

So, yeah, rotation battles are sicknasty.
...but is it art?

Lady Duke

• Shiny Ranger
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #1307 on: April 17, 2011, 08:47:15 AM »

Hmm, I should do all that stuff today.  The online stuff.

Lady Duke

• Shiny Ranger
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #1308 on: April 18, 2011, 12:16:40 PM »

I could not, for the life of me, to get shit-all to load when I wanted to play any games or something.

Aintaer

• My hubris!
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #1309 on: April 19, 2011, 10:00:16 AM »

Whelp, I got my drought vulpix, waiting on the chlorophyll leafeon. They say it's going to be a bright, gonna be a bright, SUNSHINEY DAY.

Burrito Al Pastor

• Galatea is mai waifu
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #1310 on: April 19, 2011, 07:29:39 PM »

Got my NDS Adaptor Plus from Hong Kong, promptly gave myself max IVs and manually set EVs and natures in all my Pokemon. Also gave myself a hundred Rare Candies. The ten-level gap between the Elite Four and everything preceding them is kind of an oversight given the new XP scaling.

Tried to change the nature of the Japanese Golett I got off the global trade from Klutz to PunchyPunchPunch, but it didn't go through; I'll have to experiment with that a bit.

Now I can start really moving forward with the rest of the game and catching everything in sight. Biggest obstacles are going to be catching Ghost, Rock, and Steel pokemon, as my False Swiping Haxorus won't be too helpful there; anybody have any good advice about that? (Worst-case scenario, I hack my Haxorus's ability to Scrappy; oddly enough, none of the naturally Scrappy pokemon can learn False Swipe.)

I don't plan to create any pokemon out of whole cloth (with the possible exception of level 1 Reshirams who will have Truant and know only Splash, just to dick with the assholes on the global trading house who ask for them), but if anybody's got a favorite pokemon whose IVs they'd like to change or EVs they'd like to reset or whatever, drop me a line and I'll see what I can do about that!
I'm a heartbreaker... My name... Charles.

Burrito Al Pastor

• Galatea is mai waifu
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #1311 on: April 19, 2011, 09:28:53 PM »

So apparently the multiplayer battle system doesn't acknowledge draws?

I played a 3v3 against a friend, just with what we had on hand; it came down to my Haxorus versus his Ferrothorn with a Rocky Helmet. My Haxorus knocked him to 0 HP with a Brick Break, but Ferrothorn's Rocky Helmet and Iron Spikes (and the sandstorm) also reduced my Haxorus to 0 HP at the same time.

He got the win.

Ocksi

• Guy on a buffalo
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #1312 on: April 20, 2011, 02:29:10 AM »

The ten-level gap between the Elite Four and everything preceding them is kind of an oversight given the new XP scaling.
I kinda wish this were an issue; I beat the entire game just using Throh, who, by Elite Four time was 57ish.  Storm Throw beats everything, it turns out, and I wish you weren't advised to get him so early on!

Aintaer

• My hubris!
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #1313 on: April 20, 2011, 05:58:49 AM »

What, the whole ghost thing didn't (storm) throw you off? Seriously that move, along with its 100% critical cousin Icy Breath, fails to impress after a while.

Burrito Al Pastor

• Galatea is mai waifu
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #1314 on: April 20, 2011, 10:20:32 AM »

I couldn't be bothered to do the math and try and figure out how that compares to other moves, and just discounted it as a gimmick; is the damage return really great enough to make them worthwhile?

I do like that neither move can be learned by any pokemon with either Technician or Sniper.

Aintaer

• My hubris!
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #1315 on: April 20, 2011, 07:38:56 PM »

For good reason. That was probably intentional. Critical hits basically double the damage.
For most purposes you can consider a 40 BP move with 100% crit a 80 BP move with caveats.

Critical hits can miss, so even though both are reported as 100% accuracy, they are in actuality 99.7% accurate like most 100% moves.
Critical hits ignore positive defense modifiers on the target, so if they had +2 stage Defense boost from say, Iron Defense, it is ignored. I think it also hits through Reflect and Light Screen. However if the target had negative modifiers to Def or Sp.D, those are taken into account.
Similarly, crits ignore negative modifiers on Att and Sp.A, but take into account positive modifiers.
Finally, every move besides ones that state they have increased critical hit ratio hits a critical attack 1/16th of the time. If the move says it has a higher critical hit ratio, then it will double that to 1/8th. If you use Dire Hit or Focus Energy, it will also double the probability. If you hold a critical hit item like Scope Lens or Critical Claw, it doubles the probability.
The maximum probability for hitting criticals is 50%. Exceptions: Storm Throw, Icy Breath.

The problem is that while 80 BP that ignores defense mods is pretty great, it kinda gets out-competed later on when you have 90+ BP moves, especially STAB moves. This often means the difference between killing your threat and having it come back and OHKO you, especially when levels are equal. Plus, 90+ real BP moves get their (at least) 1/16th chance to become 180+ BP moves.

That said, those 100% crit moves are useful against stall teams that like to switch in a very bulky sweep (like say, Snorlax), and curse/calm mind itself up, then sweep you. Also it makes Amnesia users look silly.

JDigital

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #1316 on: April 20, 2011, 08:31:02 PM »

So a 40 power always-crit move is equal to an 80 power move that can't crit, but ignores positive modifiers.

Aintaer

• My hubris!
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #1317 on: April 21, 2011, 05:25:35 AM »

Ignores positive defense modifiers, takes into account positive attack modifiers. Basically whatever will do more damage.

JDigital

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #1318 on: April 24, 2011, 05:01:53 PM »

Lottel

• You know that's right
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #1319 on: April 24, 2011, 05:41:21 PM »

Read that as "I'm IN"