Brontoforumus Archive

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This board has been fossilized.
You are reading an archive of Brontoforumus, a.k.a. The Worst Forums Ever, from 2008 to early 2014.  Registration and posting (for most members) has been disabled here to discourage spambots from taking over.  Old members can still log in to view boards, PMs, etc.

The new message board is at http://brontoforum.us.

Poll

Black/White and Starter?

Black/Smugsnake
- 5 (18.5%)
Black/Sadotter
- 5 (18.5%)
Black/Firepig
- 3 (11.1%)
White/Smugsnake
- 5 (18.5%)
White/Sadotter
- 3 (11.1%)
White/Firepig
- 6 (22.2%)

Total Members Voted: 27

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 ... 78

Author Topic: Pokeymans  (Read 101031 times)

McDohl

• Pika-boo
  • Tested
    • View Profile
Re: Pokeymans
« Reply #40 on: March 24, 2009, 05:46:56 PM »

No real difference between Whirlpool and Waterfall.

Lady Duke

• Shiny Ranger
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 24, 2009, 05:53:24 PM »

At least waterfall can do a good amount of damage and is a physical attack.  Whirlpool just all around sucks.  It's like Flash.  And Defog.

McDohl

• Pika-boo
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 24, 2009, 05:53:48 PM »

YOU'RE like Flash and Defog.

Bal

• Cheerful in the face of nuclear armageddon
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 24, 2009, 05:58:21 PM »

Sick burn.

Lady Duke

• Shiny Ranger
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 24, 2009, 06:01:31 PM »

:sadpanda:

yyler

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: March 24, 2009, 06:10:47 PM »

honestly, every HM sucks

Lady Duke

• Shiny Ranger
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 24, 2009, 06:15:44 PM »

That's a stupid generalization.  Surf is a great water move.  Super accurate and pretty powerful.  I'll take that over hydro pump any day.  And waterfall is pretty good, but I don't recall if there is a more powerful water physical attack.  What's aqua tail's power?

yyler

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 24, 2009, 06:30:27 PM »

No, I wasn't clear enough. HMs are a stupid idea. They should not exist. There is no reason they should be undeletable.

McDohl

• Pika-boo
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 24, 2009, 06:34:17 PM »

You gotta take the mon to the Canalave Move Deleter guy.

yyler

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 24, 2009, 06:44:37 PM »

No, I know. Okay look.

HMs are a bad idea. There is no reason there should be an arbitrary restriction on what moves can be deleted in the course of leveling up or using a TM. Zero. As far as I can tell, it is literally just to irritate the player by making them waste space with largely terrible moves.

This is how pokemon should work: an HM is a TM that doesn't break. You can erase HM moves like normal moves. Surf, Waterfall and Fly are decent attacks (especially Surf) but the inability to get rid of them at will is pointless and stupid.

If, say, there was a move deleter in every town, I wouldn't be so irritated. If it was maybe easier to relearn moves after deleting them or skipping them, I wouldn't be so irritated. But the simple fact is that the move deleter and the move tutor are often at the end of the game or in the last quarter of the game. Hell, the move tutor was post game in FR/LG. That's bullshit.

Lady Duke

• Shiny Ranger
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 24, 2009, 06:49:32 PM »

It isn't that bothersome when you can just have a derpy HM slave.  And then you just...use surf and waterfall on things.  It is annoying you can't relearn stuff over them, but then again it is hardly a big deal.  Canalave is maybe halfway through the game though.  So perhaps pokemon understands your concerns.

Norondor

• Where I'm at is: Fuck you, get shot
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 24, 2009, 06:51:22 PM »

It isn't that bothersome when you can just have a derpy HM slave.

BOY I LOVE HAVING 2/4 SPACES IN MY PARTY PERMANENTLY TAKEN UP BY A BIDOOF AND STARLY

YOU STUPID BONER

Lady Duke

• Shiny Ranger
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 24, 2009, 06:55:01 PM »

I've only ever needed to use 1 HM slave at a time.  I dunno what's wrong with you guys.

yyler

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 24, 2009, 06:56:00 PM »

Having HMs in the games as they are now means two things: I either waste moveslots on all my pokemon, limiting their potential, or waste spots in my party, limiting my versatility. In either case, that's a bad game design decision, but then as much as I love these games they really are not good, and HMs is one of the cases where it is painfully apparent.

Also I only ever use one, except in foggy places where I teach Defog to a Starly. Either way, 1 or 2, it's retarded as shit.

Norondor

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 24, 2009, 06:56:31 PM »

WHAT'S WRONG IS THAT YOU DON'T NEED TO HAVE THAT SPOT TAKEN UP! AT ALL! WHY DO YOU HAVE TO DEAL WITH THAT SHIT. JUST MAKE HMS WORK LIKE UPGRADES IN FUCKIN' METROID OR SOMETHING FOR GOD'S SAKE

Lady Duke

• Shiny Ranger
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 24, 2009, 06:58:29 PM »

Well there is a use for HMs in the game, so that you can't get ahead of yourself storywise.  But they could just make HMs key items so then you just have and can use them whenever without a pokemon.  I don't think taking them out of the game is a better idea.

Edit: Also, geezum, Noro, no need to be all angryface.  It's pokemon.  Happy fluffy funtime game.

Detonator

• You made me come back for THIS?
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 24, 2009, 07:01:26 PM »

WHAT'S WRONG IS THAT YOU DON'T NEED TO HAVE THAT SPOT TAKEN UP! AT ALL! WHY DO YOU HAVE TO DEAL WITH THAT SHIT. JUST MAKE HMS WORK LIKE UPGRADES IN FUCKIN' METROID OR SOMETHING FOR GOD'S SAKE

qft

I don't want a Bibarel in my team for any reason.

But they could just make HMs key items so then you just have and can use them whenever without a pokemon.  

EXACTLY
"Imagine punching somebody so hard that they turned into a door. Then you found out that's where ALL doors come from, and you got initiated into a murder club that makes doors. The stronger you punch, the better the door. So there are like super strong murderers who punch people into Venetian doors and shit"

yyler

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 24, 2009, 07:01:43 PM »

That's what I was saying: if they act as indestructible TMs and can be overwritten, no problem! That's cool! That way I can get rid of Flash after using it once, etc.

Norondor

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 24, 2009, 07:02:10 PM »

I am annoyed because the game's design is SO CLOSE to being really good, and it's just been one step forward and two steps back with every new iteration since 1st gen.

Lady Duke

• Shiny Ranger
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 24, 2009, 07:03:07 PM »

Det, you know you want a random bibarel on your team.  He makes you look so sassy.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 ... 78