Brontoforumus Archive

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This board has been fossilized.
You are reading an archive of Brontoforumus, a.k.a. The Worst Forums Ever, from 2008 to early 2014.  Registration and posting (for most members) has been disabled here to discourage spambots from taking over.  Old members can still log in to view boards, PMs, etc.

The new message board is at http://brontoforum.us.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Wolf MD - See the first post for details!  (Read 7281 times)

Kayma

• kodePunc Team
  • Tested
    • View Profile
    • http://twitter.com/kayma
Re: Wolf MD - Day 2
« Reply #60 on: June 10, 2009, 12:56:47 PM »

I'm the oracle. Newbie is a wolf. Vote accordingly.

Koah

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 10, 2009, 01:04:54 PM »

I'm a cowboy.  On a steel horse I ride.

jsnlxndrlv

• Custom Title
  • Tested
    • View Profile
    • Website title
« Reply #62 on: June 10, 2009, 04:19:12 PM »

I'm the oracle. Newbie is a wolf. Vote accordingly.

I doubt it very much, because I'm the oracle. I don't see what you hope to gain by this, since you'll die tomorrow, anyway.
Signature:
Signatures are displayed at the bottom of each post or personal message. BBCode and smileys may be used in your signature.

Disposable Ninja

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 10, 2009, 04:25:49 PM »

Yeah, Newbie.

Kayma

• kodePunc Team
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 10, 2009, 04:46:41 PM »

Sorry your game didn't last past day 2, Guild :(

Envy

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 10, 2009, 07:36:09 PM »

Newbie and house is just the plain hallucinating doctor today folks.

Guild

• Board Moderator
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: June 10, 2009, 11:13:20 PM »

The team is chatting happily about the Sieger case's conclusion. "It's not every week we get a diagnosis without House. He's either going to be upset or... well, I can't really finish that sentence."

Foreman and Taub are looking at the charts while Cameron makes coffee. "You guys don't think he'll be glad we're doing a good job?"

"The real question is, does it matter to him? House's whole deal is solving puzzles. He'll be glad it's solved. End of story."

"Michelle's causes paresthesias and the swelling of the nerve bundle induces uncontrolled vomiting. It was actually pretty simple for once. Almost like the real puzzle was something else completely..."

James Wilson is quietly watching the back-and-forth from his chair. He glances at the white board and frowns. Standing, he pulls the pen cap and starts to write, Vicodone is tasty on the board below Nagging friends and Psychotic hallucinations.

House steps into the office pushing a crash cart. "You are all symbols."

Wilson continues to write, seemingly unaware of House.

"The fact that Wilson can't hide his nature anymore means I'm cured. Unfortunately that means I don't have to kill him. Fortunately for my entertainment, I'm going to anyway." He continues to walk toward Wilson, paddles held in either hand. "Where do you want it?"

Without turning to look, Wilson speaks in a quavering voice. "If you change this, you won't be able to practice medicine anymore."

"I can't practice medicine if I'm hallucinating. That's why I'm quitting the drugs."

Wilson wheels around, anger in his eyes. "The pain will be too much for you. You won't be able to handle it."

"Watch me." House pushes the paddles against Wilson's temples and the oncologist convulses, his eyes rolling into his head. The people in the room seem to realize what is happening and start to rush to help the doctor, but the whole scene is fading into confusion. House closes his eyes.

"I hope that's the worst of it."

Thanks for playing, Newbie!
You are Dr. James Wilson. Changing your avatar is not required, but it is encouraged.
Your role
Werewolf Indian
Your powers
Night track: You may follow a player at night to see who they target with any powers.
Night kill: You and the other werewolves share this kill.
Your team
The Werewolves
Your win condition
You win the game if your team, the Werewolves, equal or outnumber the remainging non-werewolf players at dawn, or when nothing can prevent that from happening.
Your partner
Frocto. You may speak secretly to your wolf partner outside the thread. Otherwise you must follow the First House Rule.
The First House Rule
Do not talk about this game outside the game thread, which is here. If you are caught discussing the game outside the thread you will instantly be modkilled.

Stay tuned for an all new season of House M.D. coming next fall!

Thanks to everyone for playing!

Roles pending.

jsnlxndrlv

• Custom Title
  • Tested
    • View Profile
    • Website title
« Reply #67 on: June 10, 2009, 11:16:07 PM »

Thanks for running it, Guild!

I think I first realized we were fucked when I idly glanced over my role sheet without paying attention, and then in the thread I was about to vote for Frocto, and then I realized who my teammate was. And then I had to do it anyway.
Signature:
Signatures are displayed at the bottom of each post or personal message. BBCode and smileys may be used in your signature.

Guild

• Board Moderator
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: June 10, 2009, 11:16:49 PM »

I'm not upset that it was a short game. Sometimes games are short. There's nothing wrong with it.

If you had even a little fun playing this, mission accomplished.

I think we can all agree there were not enough wolves in this game. Originally I had a Serial Killer included, but when I couldn't seem to drum up interest I tossed him out and shortened the players to 10, making it 1/5th wolves, which is standard. I probably should have either dropped the Oracle or included another Wolf. Actually, a Cowboy/Indian/Framer team might have been pretty good.

Well, live and learn. Hopefully other people also gained a bit of experience from this. It was a good playtest for Sign Maker and Framer, imho, two roles I originally included in The Good The Bad and The Werewolf but dropped because 32 roles was already a lot!

jsnlxndrlv

• Custom Title
  • Tested
    • View Profile
    • Website title
« Reply #69 on: June 10, 2009, 11:21:51 PM »

I don't think it was that there weren't enough wolves so much as a perfect alignment of factors between "few wolves", "plenty of innocent roles", and "a lucky day one lynch". Like you said: some games are short.
Signature:

SCD

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: June 10, 2009, 11:23:20 PM »

Frocto:  You really did look guilty after I pegged you for bandwagoning.  Strongly suggest you read page 1's of previous games, and I hope to see you in the arena again.

Kayma:  Were you the seer?

SCD

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: June 10, 2009, 11:23:38 PM »

Also:  Thanks for running Guild!

Guild

• Board Moderator
  • Tested
    • View Profile
Re: Wolf MD - See the first post for details!
« Reply #72 on: June 10, 2009, 11:44:54 PM »

My pleasure!

Guild

• Board Moderator
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: June 10, 2009, 11:51:03 PM »

My ability:
How about switching me and Frocto.
Is this possible? Since the PM doesn't explicitly say that I can't use my power on the dead, thus protecting me from all scries and night kills. I may be a cunt.
If I am a cunt:
How about switching me and Kayma.
Please inform me if I am a cunt.
 :nyoro~n:

Stake out Envy, then.

... huh.

In light of Brentai's spontaneous combustion, I'd like to scry Newbie. Assuming I can still change.

I want to kill Disposable Ninja and I want to follow SCD around.

Frocto, unless you've been given out-of-game knowledge, feel free to kibitz. I could use an extra pair of eyes reading for suspicious info.

For now I'll bane myself.

I want to kill Disposable Ninja and I want to follow SCD around.

Frocto, unless you've been given out-of-game knowledge, feel free to kibitz. I could use an extra pair of eyes reading for suspicious info.

Frocto's more than welcome to keep 'playing' insofar as helping you out with analysis or what have you but he can't talk in the thread except to say non-content things like "YOU GUYS ARE SO DEAD LOL" or whatever.

I've made a note of your night action choice.

I would probably kill someone who didn't vote for me and clearly voted for an innocent. Then get that innocent lynched? Is that a good tactic? These last four games have severely shaken my belief in myself as a werewolf player :P

Kayma

• kodePunc Team
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: June 10, 2009, 11:53:42 PM »

Kayma:  Were you the seer?

Oracle. I could see a player's team, not role.

Only two werewolves, but they had some fearsome power. It was just the perfect storm: Frocto being a day one lynch was just foul luck, and scrying Newbie was because he was 2 of 2 on my "might be a wolf" list. Brentai was number 1 but, well, loose lips and all.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]