Brontoforumus Archive

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This board has been fossilized.
You are reading an archive of Brontoforumus, a.k.a. The Worst Forums Ever, from 2008 to early 2014.  Registration and posting (for most members) has been disabled here to discourage spambots from taking over.  Old members can still log in to view boards, PMs, etc.

The new message board is at http://brontoforum.us.

Pages: 1 ... 53 54 55 56 57 [58] 59 60 61 62 63 ... 173

Author Topic: Shit Days  (Read 215700 times)

Stush

• Tested
    • View Profile
Re: Shit Days
« Reply #1140 on: June 08, 2010, 12:18:21 AM »

I'm basically unemployed at the moment, had to move house, and it's too far away from my old job, That job made me mad and depressed a lot, but it was a nice reliable $500 a week, and i'm worried that i'm never going to have anything like that again. I had to go into centrelink today, and it reminded me why I hated being unemployed so much, I need to find a new job fast, but seeing as it took me four years to get that last job, i'm not as confident as I was when I moved.

I got transferred to the target here, but they said i'd only get like 3 hours a week, which is something, I guess, but not enough. I have a bit of money saved, So I should be okay for a while, but I just wish it was easy to get a new job. It honestly shouldn't be this hard, I should be able to go in and say "I need a job, I have 2 years experience at this" and they should go "Okay, here's a job for you, you start next week."

JDigital

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #1141 on: June 08, 2010, 10:52:19 AM »

good luck stush

Stush

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #1142 on: June 08, 2010, 06:27:29 PM »

Thanks, Dicks!

Büge

• won't give you fleaz
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #1143 on: June 08, 2010, 06:47:12 PM »

I will echo his sentiments. You're too good at drawing thick cartoon girls to be unemployed.

Stush

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #1144 on: June 09, 2010, 05:18:43 AM »

If I was better I could maybe try make money from it.

Shinra

• Big Juicy Winners
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #1145 on: June 09, 2010, 02:54:28 PM »

So, on the third of the month, I pooled money with my wife, who gets SSI disability, so we could pay all of our bills early and not have to worry about it for the rest of the month. A couple of days later, I had to go home early from work, because my car is having some voltage problems and wouldn't start. I took it home and ruled out the battery and alternator immediately, so now I have no idea what's wrong with it and am effectively broke having paid my bills and expended all of my resources.

Then, around the 6th, my cat started to get really, really sick. This is my oldest cat, whom I've had since I was 16, she was a present from my dad who never really did anything for me beyond that - she's basically a reminder that he wasn't the world's biggest piece of shit. Not only that, but she's basically been my best friend since I was an angry, depressed teenager incapable of even working due to a crippling fear of change and social interaction. She's been there for me when I was at my worst.

She was constipated, had stopped eating, stopped drinking, and was losing weight at an incredible pace. Yesterday morning, she was incapable of walking very far and could barely stand. Picking her up caused her to yowl in pain. My wife and I did everything we could to help her, going so far as giving her a baby enema to clear out the constipation and feeding her wet food mixed with canned kitten milk from a baby syringe, but she didn't show much improvement, so we rushed her to a vet this morning, after a horrible, sleepless night. We were worried about blood disease or some kind of incurable disorder, thankfully this is not the case, but she is severely anemic due to a flea infestation, essentially having 10% of the blood in her body that she is supposed to have, in addition to being dehydrated and malnourished.

We'd been trying to manage the fleas, but I feel horrible that I let things get this bad. I feel like I should have done something sooner. At this point it's an unknown whether or not she'll be OK - the Vet sounded pretty hopeful about her chances of success, but there's a chance she won't recover as well. Obviously I'm going to pay any price to get my cat in better shape, but now with my priorities set like this, my car is in limbo and so is my job. I don't know if I've ever had 24 hours worse than these. I just feel dead inside.

Miss Cat Ears

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #1146 on: June 09, 2010, 03:30:43 PM »

It is not the best month for me either, but I would like to help if you need it. Let me know.

In other news, boys are total buttheads.  Girls probably are too.

Disposable Ninja

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #1147 on: June 11, 2010, 11:36:15 AM »

I got a job as a census enumerator. I knew it was temporary employment, but I had at least expected it to last until the end of the month. Imagine my surprise when I got a call today asking me to return all my work stuff. Seems my whole team had been let go.

Oh well, at least I got some money.

Classic

• Happens more often than you'd think.
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #1148 on: June 11, 2010, 02:27:02 PM »

My CL just picked up my janky badge today too!

Beat Bandit

• be entranced by my sexy rhythm
  • High-Bullshit
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #1149 on: June 11, 2010, 06:20:26 PM »

I got a job as a census enumerator. I knew it was temporary employment, but I had at least expected it to last until the end of the month. Imagine my surprise when I got a call today asking me to return all my work stuff. Seems my whole team had been let go.

Oh well, at least I got some money.
Were you one of the "hired, trains, works four hours, fired" deals?

The census has fucked so many things up on so many levels I can't imagine there wont be some very large reactions. Actually because Census fucked so much shit up and I have a week to kill coming up, I decided to do a write-up on my experiences and pray I can get someone to look at it. Since there seem to be a large number of census workers around here if I actually do complete this thing I've decided to start I'll have to post it here. As long as we make a new thread called "Shit Months".

Disposable Ninja

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #1150 on: June 11, 2010, 06:45:12 PM »

Were you one of the "hired, trains, works four hours, fired" deals?

More like, my boss signed off two weeks early.

But I did feel that there was a lot of upper-mismanagement, though. Kind of to be expected, I think: it's bureaucracy in triplicate that spans a few months every ten years. Even if you could create a streamlined system to get everything working properly, you won't be able to keep anyone around long enough to actually remember how to do it correctly.

Classic

• Happens more often than you'd think.
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #1151 on: June 11, 2010, 09:52:32 PM »

I got the impression that the Census Bureau takes privacy and confidentiality so seriously that they intentionally hobble themselves. maybe I am naive?

Beat Bandit

• High-Bullshit
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #1152 on: June 12, 2010, 09:35:14 AM »

People from the local office that I have never talked to before called my cell on a regular basis and asked me to give them personal information about different locations.

So no, I doubt it.

inyandep

• the black cat of ILL OMEN
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #1153 on: June 12, 2010, 09:49:45 AM »

People from the local office that I have never talked to before called my cell on a regular basis and asked me to give them personal information about different locations.

So no, I doubt it.
u-uh

no? did you give that out? since like, you're not supposed to do that at fucking all and those people are stupid as hell. i guess it doesn't matter though as much since at least every census employee has to take that dumbass loyalty oath, so title 13 isn't a big thing. i was always told to just never tell info to anyone, not even other census employees on my crew.

got at least a few good weeks out of it before they were like "yeah we have no more work". still think i got more money from the week of training than i did canvassing but fuck if i care, it was good money.

Beat Bandit

• High-Bullshit
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #1154 on: June 12, 2010, 10:00:41 AM »

Well, I recognized as an office number (the office is everything 953-4XXX) and they were quality assurance. So of course the first time I tell them I need time to get the info then call my FOS and laugh about how they'll have to try harder to get me to illegally give out PII to a stranger from a cellphone, the worst thing you can do with it according to our workbooks.

Then she told me if I didn't give them all the info they want I'm fired.

Brentai

• https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DnXYVlPgX_o
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #1155 on: June 12, 2010, 11:35:10 AM »

Well that just changes everything!

I can kinda understand that "SHIT HIDE EVERYTHING" reaction now.

R^2

• Not in the game.
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #1156 on: June 12, 2010, 09:28:40 PM »

Just once, I'd like to live in a nice house. A fenced-in backyard. A dishwasher. Central heat and air. No infestations of massive Georgia cockroaches or mice. Giant chunks of plaster not falling from the ceiling and smashing to bits on the bedroom floor.

You know. Nice.

Stush

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #1157 on: June 13, 2010, 12:21:32 AM »

Just once, I'd like to live in a nice house. A fenced-in backyard. A dishwasher. Central heat and air. No infestations of massive Georgia cockroaches or mice. Giant chunks of plaster not falling from the ceiling and smashing to bits on the bedroom floor.

You know. Nice.

I'd like to live in a house with insulation!

Miss Cat Ears

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #1158 on: June 13, 2010, 12:50:49 AM »

Garbage disposal is more important to me than a dishwasher.

R^2

• Not in the game.
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #1159 on: June 13, 2010, 01:12:48 AM »

A garbage disposal would also be... nice.
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 55 56 57 [58] 59 60 61 62 63 ... 173