Brontoforumus Archive

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This board has been fossilized.
You are reading an archive of Brontoforumus, a.k.a. The Worst Forums Ever, from 2008 to early 2014.  Registration and posting (for most members) has been disabled here to discourage spambots from taking over.  Old members can still log in to view boards, PMs, etc.

The new message board is at http://brontoforum.us.

Pages: 1 ... 55 56 57 58 59 [60] 61 62 63 64 65 ... 173

Author Topic: Shit Days  (Read 215690 times)

Ted Belmont

• Tested
    • View Profile
Re: Shit Days
« Reply #1180 on: June 16, 2010, 07:31:47 PM »

Oh yeah my grandma died last week.

But I didn't really know her, since she disowned us when my mom remarried, so it's...ok?

I'm not sure.

teg

• DONUTS GONNA' DON
  • Tested
    • View Profile
    • Teg's Dumb Art
« Reply #1181 on: June 17, 2010, 11:37:26 AM »

For those who haven't been following The Saga Of Teg(tm), my dad's basically been an abusive dickhole ever since I moved back home, up to and including stealing hundreds of dollars worth of my possessions when I'm not home; mostly my clothes, but also things like my Pokéwalker and a one-of-a-kind Astro Boy plush from someone I will probably never talk to again. Ever since then, we've basically not been on speaking terms.
I've been secretly planning to move out for weeks now, and recently paid the damage deposit on a nice apartment in a great spot. Now all I have to do is get my stuff out of the house and into the apartment and I'm all set.

HAHAHAHA NOT SO FAST

My friend's been rounding up friends of his with transportation. The original plan was to move on Tuesday, but that didn't work for everyone's schedules, so it got pushed ahead to Monday. Then the brakes on the truck we were planning on using went out, so things got called off. My friend found two other people who were willing to help, and I cancelled a work shift so that I could move out today. I spent all morning packing up, and my friend called again.
One of them fell ill, and the other one totalled his car last night. To clarify: one guy is perfectly fine, but his car's a mess. The other guy's car is fine, but he's too sick to drive. Either way, I have all of my stuff in boxes and bags with no way to explain it, my dad's no longer giving me drives as of this Saturday, and I have no mode of transportation to move my stuff.

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK

McDohl

• Pika-boo
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #1182 on: June 17, 2010, 12:04:00 PM »

<McDohl> christ
<McDohl> I feel like garbage
<McDohl> Like, not sick or anything
<McDohl> my body feels like it just woke up
<McDohl> but my brain is active as all shit

Not enough energy to retype that, christ.

R^2

• Not in the game.
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #1183 on: June 18, 2010, 12:21:47 AM »

And then things got worse. I'd say about a third of the bedroom ceiling is now on the floor.

Shinra

• Big Juicy Winners
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #1184 on: June 18, 2010, 01:45:32 AM »

<McDohl> christ

As someone with bipolar disorder, this happens to me a lot.

jsnlxndrlv

• Custom Title
  • Tested
    • View Profile
    • Website title
« Reply #1185 on: June 18, 2010, 01:50:16 AM »

The Saga Of Teg(tm)

What a shitty situation. I hope you can get out of there without too much more trouble.
Signature:
Signatures are displayed at the bottom of each post or personal message. BBCode and smileys may be used in your signature.

McDohl

• Pika-boo
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #1186 on: June 18, 2010, 06:14:49 AM »

So yeah, I had a fever of 102 yesterday afternoon, which broke last night.  I woke up in a puddle of sweat feeling like a million bucks.

Then I went on a murdering spree as a Spy.

:D

Stush

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #1187 on: June 18, 2010, 10:50:09 AM »

Garbage disposal is more important to me than a dishwasher.

Is that like the scary whirly blade thing in the sink that you see in so many horror movies? I've never seen one of those in real life.

Stush

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #1188 on: June 18, 2010, 10:53:12 AM »

The sad thing is, I didn't want to buy it.  I just couldn't say no.

Now I'm depressed.
Aww, kittyloaf. :(

I get the exact same thing, I try to avoid asking any questions when i'm in stores, because if I take up any of their time, I HAVE to buy something, that's what led to me buying hermit crabs and having them die because I knew nothing about hermit crabs. :(
And it's led to so much trouble, it's really hard to say no, and most people don't understand it when you try explain it, too!

Stush

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #1189 on: June 18, 2010, 10:57:14 AM »

Also, mein gott, this shitty day thread is pretty active. We must all have some kind of curse! D:

Büge

• won't give you fleaz
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #1190 on: June 18, 2010, 11:47:11 AM »

Is that like the scary whirly blade thing in the sink that you see in so many horror movies? I've never seen one of those in real life.

I don't think they make them any more for that very reason.

jsnlxndrlv

• Custom Title
  • Tested
    • View Profile
    • Website title
« Reply #1191 on: June 18, 2010, 12:25:03 PM »

I never considered that it might be possible to get a kitchen sink without a disposal. You're rocking my world, here.
Signature:
Signatures are displayed at the bottom of each post or personal message. BBCode and smileys may be used in your signature.

TA

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #1192 on: June 18, 2010, 12:35:04 PM »

I had a shitty apartment with a shitty ancient kitchen and it didn't have a garbage disposal.

But the more modern apartment I moved into from there had one.  And my parents' house has always had one.  I think you need some really antique fixtures for them to not be standard.
Do you understand how terrifying the words “vibrating strap on” are for an asexual? That’s like saying “the holocaust” to a Jew.

Zaratustra

• what
  • Tested
    • View Profile
    • Zaratustra Productions
« Reply #1193 on: June 18, 2010, 01:23:51 PM »

Garbage disposal is more important to me than a dishwasher.

Ditto. Also, cars with automatic shift.

Beat Bandit

• be entranced by my sexy rhythm
  • High-Bullshit
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #1194 on: June 18, 2010, 04:59:48 PM »

I've never had a disposal, but basically every other home I've been in has one. I've gotten so used to making sure nothing goes down the drain I don't think I could learn to use one now.

Mongrel

• Emoticon Knight-Errant
  • kodePunc Team
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #1195 on: June 18, 2010, 05:03:42 PM »

I've never seen a house in Ontario with a garbage disposal, even really nice ones.

I think it's a US thing.

Büge

• won't give you fleaz
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #1196 on: June 18, 2010, 05:59:39 PM »

I guess we just know how to scrape plates into the garbage.

SCD

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #1197 on: June 18, 2010, 06:20:46 PM »

Nah, it's just something you get to have if you're someone; like the Prime Minister.

Brentai

• https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DnXYVlPgX_o
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #1198 on: June 18, 2010, 06:51:18 PM »

<McDohl> christ

Yeah, I got that this morning, too.  Was basically paralyzed for an hour.  Do I get to look forward to the sensation of being boiled alive in my bed tonight?

Malikial

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #1199 on: June 19, 2010, 03:12:38 AM »

HAAAAH, Talk about a shit day. Yesterday James found out he had both an infection in a cut on his leg AND food poisoning. I'm sorta glad we didn't decide to drive back to Texas to go to my cousin's funeral because we'd have probably been in St. Louis at the hospital instead of our home town. Also, shitty part that wasn't as bad as Jimmie being sick, was I forgot my wallet and James didn't have any money on him either. So, while he was in the hospital I had to walk like 4 miles all the way home to get my wallet. I wish I carried random small bits of cash on me so I could have called a cab but I stopped carrying cash a bit ago in favor of just wallet and that bit me on the ass a bit today. Walking in rain 4 miles. Luckily I live right near an ATM so I went there and called a cab to take me back. It's wasn't so bad, I hope James gets better fast! I can't drive so I'm basically stuck walking until he does and I don't like when he's sick!
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 57 58 59 [60] 61 62 63 64 65 ... 173