Brontoforumus Archive

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This board has been fossilized.
You are reading an archive of Brontoforumus, a.k.a. The Worst Forums Ever, from 2008 to early 2014.  Registration and posting (for most members) has been disabled here to discourage spambots from taking over.  Old members can still log in to view boards, PMs, etc.

The new message board is at http://brontoforum.us.

Pages: 1 ... 62 63 64 65 66 [67] 68 69 70 71 72 ... 173

Author Topic: Shit Days  (Read 215726 times)

teg

• DONUTS GONNA' DON
  • Tested
    • View Profile
    • Teg's Dumb Art
Re: Shit Days
« Reply #1320 on: July 21, 2010, 07:56:17 PM »

Quote from: general consensus
what's up with teg?
Basically I just can't bear life anymore. For about a year now my life has continuously gotten worse and worse. My girlfriend dumped me right before my birthday -which nobody remembered- and abandoned everything to run off and live with some guy literally the next day, all of my friends stopped voluntarily talking to me and began talking about me behind my back, I came out to my parents who immediately were against it and swore to never accept me, my job continues to get worse in a town where the usual strategy is to move to a different province when you turn eighteen, I blew thousands of dollars getting a useless diploma that I don't even physically have because I don't have a secure address to deliver it to, I am no longer on speaking terms with my my dad after he stole a bunch of my clothes and keepsakes that I treasured, my mom continues to be actively and insulting toward me for no good reason even though she knows I'm unstable, and I'm paying unbelievably high prices for an apartment I can't use because I can't get my stupid bed moved.

This is continuing with the trend that my life has been taking for at least a quarter of its duration.

Basically if people treat you like this long enough, you start to feel like you probably deserve it.

patito

• kodePunc Team
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #1321 on: July 21, 2010, 09:22:09 PM »

Fuck the bed and move. I can't really think of any solution to your other problems but that might be a start. Just hang in there.

R^2

• Not in the game.
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #1322 on: July 21, 2010, 09:56:15 PM »

It sounds like moving into your own apartment -- and thus away from your parents -- would really get you ahead on turning your life around.

JDigital

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #1323 on: July 21, 2010, 11:02:43 PM »

Surely it'd cheaper, past a certain point, to abandon the bed and buy a new one later.

Kazz

• Projekt Direktor
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #1324 on: July 21, 2010, 11:56:40 PM »

teg: inflatable mattress

it's actually quite comfy

Brentai

• https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DnXYVlPgX_o
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #1325 on: July 22, 2010, 12:08:13 AM »

I slept on one all the way through college, it's doable.

Classic

• Happens more often than you'd think.
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #1326 on: July 22, 2010, 12:33:23 AM »

Filling an air mattress using muscle power isn't a super-fun time. Mine came with an electric pump, and I'm not sure how I'd have handled sleeping if it didn't. Couch maybe?

Mongrel

• Emoticon Knight-Errant
  • kodePunc Team
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #1327 on: July 22, 2010, 02:56:28 AM »

At this point, even an old sleeping bag + the floor seems like a better option.

But if the bed is really all that keeping you from moving when you so desperately need to get out, perhaps the question should be "Am I so attached to my things that I can't let go of even a single piece of furniture at need - or is there some other reason stopping the move that I don't want to confront, for which 'I can't move my bed' is a convenient excuse?". 

Not actively trying to be a dick. I'm just saying, if the bed is REALLY REALLY the only reason you're staying, it's time to cut your losses. If it isn't, you need to examine exactly why that is.

Stush

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #1328 on: July 23, 2010, 02:01:25 AM »

Didn't get the job, so I basically spent that money I spent on an outfit for it on nothing. now i'm nearly broke, i'm getting some money next week for a shift at work I did yesterday, but  It's not enough to cover the $200 I have to contribute to the shared bills for the house. If I had my tax money, I'd be fine, but target is screwing around with the certificate I need to claim it.
The thing that makes me feel worst is that I kept getting told that I had a really chance of getting this job, friends told me that to get this kind of job, all I needed was to present myself well and be able to speak english, they said similar jobs they had in the past would hire anyone that isn't totally stupid. It really got my hopes up, and now I just feel like i'm really stupid.

Joxam

• The Transformizzle
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
    • Shadowrun
« Reply #1329 on: July 23, 2010, 04:36:55 AM »

Stush its not you, its that jobs like that are easy to fill. If a dozen people came in, they basically just drew a name out of a hat.

teg

• DONUTS GONNA' DON
  • Tested
    • View Profile
    • Teg's Dumb Art
« Reply #1330 on: July 23, 2010, 05:04:28 AM »

My best friend whom I have a huge crush on broke up with her asshole boyfriend and then said she wants me to move in with her and then she figured out that I have said crush and BAWWWWWWWWW

Also, last night my mom finally figured out that I'm moving out and has started to ask questions that I'm not comfortable answering.

SCD

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #1331 on: July 23, 2010, 06:17:35 AM »

bawwwww?

R^2

• Not in the game.
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #1332 on: July 23, 2010, 08:40:34 AM »

Stush, managers don't want to fill jobs with people who are overqualified, lest they leave within three months when a better  opportunity presents itself. You meet the job requirements, yes, but they might be looking for (frankly) an idiot to fill the position if the requirements are that simple.

R^2

• Not in the game.
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #1333 on: July 23, 2010, 09:40:08 AM »

Bill for van repair is less than $200. Still needs maintenance and at least two new tires, and we still need to take the dog to the vet, but things have gone from "How can I ever pay for this" to merely difficult.

Stush

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #1334 on: July 23, 2010, 10:57:25 AM »

You might be right, it could also be my complete lack of communication skills when I'm nervous, if i'm being professional on a phone, i'm fine, but during a face to face interview? "Um.. ahh... well... um... it'd.. ahh... wait, let me start over.. Like... It'd be... like.. ahh..."
I'm not really exaggerating, either, I can't answer questions. :(

Joxam

• The Transformizzle
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
    • Shadowrun
« Reply #1335 on: July 23, 2010, 11:00:57 AM »

Everyone is like that. Honestly. Not joking. Pretty much anyone who is going to apply for that level of job is going to sound the EXACT same way. As long as what you're actually getting at is what they want to hear, they understand if you're nervous. Job interviews are stressing.

R^2

• Not in the game.
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #1336 on: July 23, 2010, 11:04:54 AM »

Ohohohohoho, I spoke too soon. I'm now on the side of the road, van just as broken as it was before.

SCD

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #1337 on: July 23, 2010, 11:22:14 AM »

You might be right, it could also be my complete lack of communication skills when I'm nervous, if i'm being professional on a phone, i'm fine, but during a face to face interview? "Um.. ahh... well... um... it'd.. ahh... wait, let me start over.. Like... It'd be... like.. ahh..."
I'm not really exaggerating, either, I can't answer questions. :(

Toastmasters:  Look it up.

You have no idea how much this stuff is helping me. 

Mongrel

• Emoticon Knight-Errant
  • kodePunc Team
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #1338 on: July 23, 2010, 11:31:46 AM »

Ohohohohoho, I spoke too soon. I'm now on the side of the road, van just as broken as it was before.

Someone owes you just under $200.

R^2

• Not in the game.
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #1339 on: July 23, 2010, 12:37:24 PM »

"Something" is overloading the master control box on my van. We'll find out what it is on Monday. The mechanic was noncommittal about how much it would be to fix. I do hate having to get nasty with people but I've got a good ten days or so of misfortune built up. If he wants to volunteer to be my catharsis I will let him. Also my dog has been diagnosed with a "major" heart murmur, arrhythmia, and possible congestive failure. The medicine to just help with the cough would wipe out all our money.
Pages: 1 ... 62 63 64 65 66 [67] 68 69 70 71 72 ... 173