Brontoforumus Archive

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This board has been fossilized.
You are reading an archive of Brontoforumus, a.k.a. The Worst Forums Ever, from 2008 to early 2014.  Registration and posting (for most members) has been disabled here to discourage spambots from taking over.  Old members can still log in to view boards, PMs, etc.

The new message board is at http://brontoforum.us.

Pages: 1 ... 64 65 66 67 68 [69] 70 71 72 73 74 ... 173

Author Topic: Shit Days  (Read 215714 times)

R^2

• Not in the game.
  • Tested
    • View Profile
Re: Shit Days
« Reply #1360 on: July 28, 2010, 06:40:03 AM »

The trackball rolls but has a hard time figuring out whether scrolling down means moving the pointer up. Now that I've typed that, time to spend sixty to ninety seconds scrolling toward the "Post" button while my pointer bobs up and down.

teg

• DONUTS GONNA' DON
  • Tested
    • View Profile
    • Teg's Dumb Art
« Reply #1361 on: July 28, 2010, 07:47:22 AM »

I'm pretty sure I just ruined my friendship with that girl that I have a crush on.

Sometimes I really feel like I should take an interest in drinking or something.

Classic

• Happens more often than you'd think.
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #1362 on: July 28, 2010, 08:38:02 AM »

The trick is just to sound like you don't begrudge people getting totally smashed to justify/excuse their appetites.

Zaratustra

• what
  • Tested
    • View Profile
    • Zaratustra Productions
« Reply #1363 on: July 28, 2010, 11:01:38 AM »

what worked for me was to start hitting on girls I do not know.

Anyway two co-workers took it upon themselves to recreate a part of my database in a completely retarded way and store all data there. I invented Rage on this day.

Classic

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #1364 on: July 28, 2010, 11:31:47 AM »

Remember, a little poison might actually be good for you. The problem is that poison makes you want to down more poison.

teg

• DONUTS GONNA' DON
  • Tested
    • View Profile
    • Teg's Dumb Art
« Reply #1365 on: July 28, 2010, 04:05:26 PM »

What I mean is that if I got drunk every time something went wrong I would be drinking constantly, and thus never bored.

I don't actually drink. At all.

SCD

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #1366 on: July 28, 2010, 04:50:28 PM »

did you (wo)man up and ask her out?

teg

• DONUTS GONNA' DON
  • Tested
    • View Profile
    • Teg's Dumb Art
« Reply #1367 on: July 28, 2010, 05:49:57 PM »

It's complicated...

THE GIST OF IT:

A FEW DAYS AGO:
her: I broke up with my boyfriend.
me: good; he was sort of an asshole.
her: hey, how about you move in with me?
me: well, I would have to think about it. I do really like you though.
her: like you have a crush on me?
me: yeah.
her: argh fuck you I just want a good friend instead of people crushing on me all the time.
me: that's okay. I'm kind of sad, but I like being your best friend and I don't want to ruin that. Besides, you should probably wait until you've recovered before you try any new relationships.
her: I don't want to be in a relationship. So are you going to move in then? I've been planning it for a long time.
me: wait, hang on. That would be incredibly awkward, for one. And more to the point I just got moved into a place where I'm finally comfortable. Your apartment is more expensive, I've never even seen it, and I couldn't get to work without paying for a cab. I know you're in a bad place right now, but don't you think you're being kind of inconsiderate?
her: no I'm not!

TODAY:
me: so are you feeling better?
her: I think so. Also, I think I'm going to drop out of college and move back to my old town. I can take odd jobs shoveling driveways and stuff and I'll try to get back together with one of my exes because I never got over him. I've been planning this for a while.
me: that sounds an awful lot like you're just taking a bad attitude and trying to back out of your life.
her: fuck you.

I mean, not only did I get her upset with me, but I'm kind of pissed at her. For one thing, she gave her jerk ex a chance (and wants to give her other jerk ex a chance), but won't give me a chance even though we're a lot more compatible and I've been under the impression that she's been coming on to me anyway.
On a more dickish note, it's apparently been her plan for months now to have me move in with her, then move out the next month, stiffing me with a place I don't want and can't afford.

Ted Belmont

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #1368 on: July 28, 2010, 06:10:03 PM »

Uhhh yeah she sounds like a terrible human being, and you're better off without her in your life.

teg

• DONUTS GONNA' DON
  • Tested
    • View Profile
    • Teg's Dumb Art
« Reply #1369 on: July 28, 2010, 06:13:23 PM »

She's totally not. Under normal circumstances, she's been my absolute best friend through everything. But right now she's really hurting me.

Brentai

• https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DnXYVlPgX_o
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #1370 on: July 28, 2010, 06:21:57 PM »

That correspondence sounds more like bad communication than anyone actually being a dick.

Oh er and I almost got T-boned by Mexicans today who proceeded to throw a rock at my car in retaliation.  Then one got out and slapped me when I tried to impolitely inform them that the law in this country is that you don't go flying down the road at 60 mph when an ambulance and a fire truck are both coming your way.

The slapping was just silly.  The rock makes me wish they had swerved into a fucking wall though.

(NOTE: I realize that sounds like I made them swerve, which I didn't; I had to get the hell back into the middle lane when I realized they were just going to bullet through instead of respecting the goddam emergency vehicles.)

SCD

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #1371 on: July 28, 2010, 06:34:50 PM »

Teg:  She sounds like a mess.  You don't want to date a mess.  It never goes well.  You were planning to move in with her or you with her?  Definitely communication. 

Sorry about your luck. 

Beat Bandit

• be entranced by my sexy rhythm
  • High-Bullshit
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #1372 on: July 28, 2010, 07:11:16 PM »

Teg, aren't crazy bitches the hottest?

Seriously though you're better off. I've played the "hey want to be my friend while I get in and out of horrible relationships and describe it all in detail to you even though I know you like me but will never give you a chance?" game a few times. It's never good.

Mongrel

• Emoticon Knight-Errant
  • kodePunc Team
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #1373 on: July 28, 2010, 07:18:12 PM »

Yeah, that girl sounds like a car crash waiting to happen.

Classic

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #1374 on: July 28, 2010, 07:37:47 PM »

On a more dickish note, it's apparently been her plan for months now to have me move in with her, then move out the next month, stiffing me with a place I don't want and can't afford.

If this is even remotely true, time to back away from the problem.

What I mean is that if I got drunk every time something went wrong...
I thought the problem hottie didn't like your sober attitudes. My given advice is inapplicable. Sorry.

Detonator

• You made me come back for THIS?
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #1375 on: July 28, 2010, 08:01:29 PM »

For one thing, she gave her jerk ex a chance (and wants to give her other jerk ex a chance), but won't give me a chance even though we're a lot more compatible and I've been under the impression that she's been coming on to me anyway.

WEEEEOOOOOOOWEEEEEEOOOOOOWEEEEEOOOOOOO

That is my siren going off here.  Stop pining over "just give me a chance" and "we SHOULD be compatible" unless you want to be miserable forever.  If she doesn't like you that way you're not going to change her mind through logical arguments.  Feelings don't work that way as much as we wish they would.

So now you know, and you can either continue to be her friend or cut off contact, it's totally up to you.  Either way you gotta spheal with it.

(btw: is this the same girl you were talking about in the good times thread?  hasn't it only been a week?)
"Imagine punching somebody so hard that they turned into a door. Then you found out that's where ALL doors come from, and you got initiated into a murder club that makes doors. The stronger you punch, the better the door. So there are like super strong murderers who punch people into Venetian doors and shit"

teg

• DONUTS GONNA' DON
  • Tested
    • View Profile
    • Teg's Dumb Art
« Reply #1376 on: July 29, 2010, 04:32:30 AM »

Different girl.
Yeah, I'm not about to keep trying, if that wasn't obvious. And I don't really feel too bad about it, either.

Also, by coming on to me, I mean like "sent me photos of her crotch" coming on to me.

Stush

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #1377 on: July 29, 2010, 04:37:44 AM »

I send people photos of my crotch all the time, and all I got was this stupid ankle bracelet.

Frocto

• Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #1378 on: July 29, 2010, 05:51:05 AM »

increase the output
"And it is because they have fallen prey to a weakened, feminized version of Christianity that is only about softer virtues such as compassion and not in any part about the muscular Christian virtues of individual responsibility and accountability."

R^2

• Not in the game.
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #1379 on: July 29, 2010, 06:10:13 AM »

Guys I just got off the phone with my own grandmother the mechanic. He's now had my van for over a week and it's still burning out when he drives it. I shudder to think how much this will cost in labor alone.
Pages: 1 ... 64 65 66 67 68 [69] 70 71 72 73 74 ... 173