Brontoforumus Archive

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This board has been fossilized.
You are reading an archive of Brontoforumus, a.k.a. The Worst Forums Ever, from 2008 to early 2014.  Registration and posting (for most members) has been disabled here to discourage spambots from taking over.  Old members can still log in to view boards, PMs, etc.

The new message board is at http://brontoforum.us.

Pages: 1 ... 66 67 68 69 70 [71] 72 73 74 75 76 ... 173

Author Topic: Shit Days  (Read 215727 times)

Healy

• Tested
    • View Profile
Re: Shit Days
« Reply #1400 on: August 03, 2010, 07:10:35 PM »

Guess who went to the emergency room today! Me!

The worst part is, as my family has pointed out again and again, it was completely pointless because not only did I feel better after a while, but they did absolutely fuck all to figure out what was wrong with me. I could have gotten the same or better service from a clinic for cheaper. But at the time I felt like I was going to die, sooo...

Basically I feel like a stupid piece of shit for wasting everybody's time today. At least I'm still covered by my parents' insurance!
the assassination of video james by the coward electronic arts

R^2

• Not in the game.
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #1401 on: August 03, 2010, 08:05:05 PM »

You should change your name, then.

teg

• DONUTS GONNA' DON
  • Tested
    • View Profile
    • Teg's Dumb Art
« Reply #1402 on: August 05, 2010, 10:24:57 AM »

Hey so I figured out today that my dad's probably been stealing my mail and throwing it away. Glad I'm secretly moving in about a week.

So exactly how does one go about the whole lawsuit thing? I'm not good with the legal system and all but I'm pretty sure I could get a pretty sizable chunk of my life back.

Mongrel

• Emoticon Knight-Errant
  • kodePunc Team
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #1403 on: August 05, 2010, 10:53:14 AM »

Suing your parents is probably a bad idea in the long run. I mean, that's some pretty awful behaviour, but it's still probably not worth your time.

Best to just finish moving out and moving on.

SCD

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #1404 on: August 05, 2010, 11:01:29 AM »

Concurred.  To fuck blood is to lead on the path to moral and physical ruin in my books.  If your post office does address changes, make it happen and make it permanent so that all mail addressed to your name is sent your way as opposed to there.

Good luck.

teg

• DONUTS GONNA' DON
  • Tested
    • View Profile
    • Teg's Dumb Art
« Reply #1405 on: August 05, 2010, 12:35:38 PM »

To fuck blood is to lead on the path to moral and physical ruin in my books.
Suing your parents is probably a bad idea in the long run.
So is stealing from your kids.
I'm not being vengeful. My student loan is basically fucked at this point because I haven't been receiving any notices concerning my loan payments, including the interest relief forms I requested. The least he's going to do is pay for it. There's not a single thing wrong about that; slippery slope be damned.
I might not sue, but I'm not about to let a couple of crimes go totally unreported.

Fortinbras

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #1406 on: August 05, 2010, 01:02:23 PM »

I've got a really solid relationship with my mom, but if I didn't I have a hard time seeing why taking legal action against her (her being a hypothetical completely different lady) in order to recover from having my shit completely ruined would be such a bad thing.  Not necessarily cheerleading for this option, but absolutely think carefully about the pros and cons, and maybe get some reliable legal advice on how the case would look.

It's hard to get my head around the "moral ruin" objection.  Dude laid some phenotypes on teg, but just going by this thread, right now he reads like less of a father figure than I don't know an oppressive psychopath?

R^2

• Not in the game.
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #1407 on: August 05, 2010, 02:49:42 PM »

I just got two tires replaced... oh, call it seven, maybe eight hours ago. One of the two not replaced just ruptured open. So now I'll be driving on two new tires, one slightly-worn spare, and one old shitty tire. Yay.

R^2

• Not in the game.
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #1408 on: August 05, 2010, 03:16:33 PM »

Do you know how much it sucks to change a tire with a giant burn blister on the palm of your hand? Because srsly u guys, u guys, srsly.

Kayma

• kodePunc Team
  • Tested
    • View Profile
    • http://twitter.com/kayma
« Reply #1409 on: August 05, 2010, 04:57:25 PM »

I know how bad it sucks to change a tire without any sort of burn damage. LO SIENTO

Brentai

• https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DnXYVlPgX_o
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #1410 on: August 05, 2010, 05:39:15 PM »

I don't think there's much relationship to salvage when your father has taken to committing actual felonies against you.

I really don't know how to go about fixing this either but I suspect if you get someone administrative at the Post Office and tell them exactly what's happening they'll be able to guide you in a direction.  At worst, you'll only waste your time.

Lady Duke

• Shiny Ranger
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #1411 on: August 05, 2010, 05:44:00 PM »

My dad is trying to guilt me into staying home with his lonely ass basically--he wants me to take ANOTHER year off from school even though I got accepted into my grad school of choice, and then wants me to work at his store and make $10,000 to put away for school, but basically, that's ridiculous.  The longer I wait, the more I won't want to go to PA for school because the state is terrible and the school is in a terrible area and it just stresses me the fuck out that he's all "money for school, you know you want that!" because he's right and it makes me second guess my choice even though I feel it's the best one even if I don't have financial aid for the fall yet or an apartment and school starts in a month OH GOD. 

D: run on sentence

Brentai

• Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #1412 on: August 05, 2010, 05:46:54 PM »

Yeah I've been "going back to school" for 7 years now.

:doit:

Shinra

• Big Juicy Winners
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #1413 on: August 05, 2010, 05:48:24 PM »

I don't think there's much relationship to salvage when your father has taken to committing actual felonies against you.

I really don't know how to go about fixing this either but I suspect if you get someone administrative at the Post Office and tell them exactly what's happening they'll be able to guide you in a direction.  At worst, you'll only waste your time.

As someone who had a piece of shit father who stole from him and ruined his life, I'm going to say sue the fucking shit out of him. Take him for everything he's stolen from you and then some, and never speak to him again.

I was sad when my father died, but don't think for a minute that I forgot the shit he did to me. He stole thousands in saving bonds from me to buy drugs and I have a pretty good feeling he may have also had a friend 'steal from him' and sell all of the things he 'stole' for drug money when I was a child. He deserved to get kicked in the ass for the shit he pulled and the only thing I regret more than my dad dying while we were on bad terms is my dad dying without ever really feeling karmic retribution for making my life miserable for my childhood and adolescence.

It's easy for those of you with good relationships with your parents to cast a judgemental eye, but I don't wager your father cashed in your college money so he could buy a few more days worth of heroin.

teg

• DONUTS GONNA' DON
  • Tested
    • View Profile
    • Teg's Dumb Art
« Reply #1414 on: August 05, 2010, 05:52:20 PM »

Also, that big student loan that's totally fucked now? It's for a diploma that for all I know probably got thrown out like the rest of my mail. So the only thing I'm paying for is him being a complete asshole.

EDIT: 300th post woo :advice:

TA

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #1415 on: August 05, 2010, 06:19:35 PM »

Well, the actual physical certificate doesn't mean much.  You can get that reissued if it matters.
Do you understand how terrifying the words “vibrating strap on” are for an asexual? That’s like saying “the holocaust” to a Jew.

SCD

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #1416 on: August 05, 2010, 06:21:10 PM »

Do you know how much it sucks to change a tire with a giant burn blister on the palm of your hand? Because srsly u guys, u guys, srsly.

It sucks.  It really does.

JDigital

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #1417 on: August 05, 2010, 06:39:44 PM »

stealing my mail

So phone up the people and check if they sent anything / are waiting for you to get back to them. Sighing over your problems won't solve them.

Brentai

• Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #1418 on: August 05, 2010, 06:50:20 PM »

I'd steal teg's mail.

If she was wearing it.

Mongrel

• Emoticon Knight-Errant
  • kodePunc Team
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #1419 on: August 05, 2010, 06:50:29 PM »

As someone who had a piece of shit father who stole from him and ruined his life, I'm going to say sue the fucking shit out of him. Take him for everything he's stolen from you and then some, and never speak to him again.

I was sad when my father died, but don't think for a minute that I forgot the shit he did to me. He stole thousands in saving bonds from me to buy drugs and I have a pretty good feeling he may have also had a friend 'steal from him' and sell all of the things he 'stole' for drug money when I was a child. He deserved to get kicked in the ass for the shit he pulled and the only thing I regret more than my dad dying while we were on bad terms is my dad dying without ever really feeling karmic retribution for making my life miserable for my childhood and adolescence.

It's easy for those of you with good relationships with your parents to cast a judgemental eye, but I don't wager your father cashed in your college money so he could buy a few more days worth of heroin.

Actually, my life continues to be ruined to this very day by evilly incompetent parents, who have routinely put their own needs ahead of mine. Thirty years and counting. I must watch as they do the same to my only brother, who still remains hopelessly ensnared at 26*. College money? Shit, that's nothing. I've seen millions wasted (including college money for myself AND my brother AND further college money I gave to my brother afterward, not that that was all that much).

And yet, while I would never say never, I still do not recommend such a strong course of action without very serious consideration. Not that serious abuse should be taken lightly, or brushed off with a cliche that goes back hundreds of years but lawsuits, restraining orders, legal charges and other, serious and permanent severences with one's family are simply not to be undertaken lightly.

*I have offered him asylum, but he has declined. Everyone must make their own choices. Such is life. Bleak and nasty.

EDIT: Warning - while you were typing a yadda yadda

I also agree with JD. I hate to be rude about this, but honestly there's been a litle too much "Oh noes I'm doomed" and all too little action to take control of your situation. It's like when you couldn't move the bed. You just threw up your arms and despaired. A solution was presented that was simple and practical. I don't know if you took that advice, but given that you're still at home, I'm not optimistic.

You need to take the helm and seize contol over your own life. Whether this means going for a lawsuit or just moving out, you need to stop dithering and get your shit together. You gotta think for yourself and act for yourself.

But maybe you're like my brother. Well, I've said my peice.
Pages: 1 ... 66 67 68 69 70 [71] 72 73 74 75 76 ... 173