Brontoforumus Archive

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This board has been fossilized.
You are reading an archive of Brontoforumus, a.k.a. The Worst Forums Ever, from 2008 to early 2014.  Registration and posting (for most members) has been disabled here to discourage spambots from taking over.  Old members can still log in to view boards, PMs, etc.

The new message board is at http://brontoforum.us.

Pages: 1 ... 78 79 80 81 82 [83] 84 85 86 87 88 ... 173

Author Topic: Shit Days  (Read 215722 times)

R^2

• Not in the game.
  • Tested
    • View Profile
Re: Shit Days
« Reply #1640 on: September 28, 2010, 01:09:58 PM »

So, full story.

I get one of my friends to come over and jump-start the van so I can get a new battery installed. On my way out, the Check Engine light comes on and the speedometer stops working, like I said before. I get to AutoZone and ask for a battery test, because I want to check that's what it is before I throw down more than I expected on a new battery.

They won't do the test, because it's raining.

Okay, so I'm going to go out to my van and try to start it. If it starts, I'll go somewhere else. Otherwise I'll just sit here until the rain stops.

Miraculously, the van starts on its own.

So I drive across town to a different place, go in, get the battery checked by the one person in the place who mumbles instead of yelling, meaning everyone possible is contributing to me not hearing what he's saying. Bad battery, that'll be a huge chunk of cash thank you, here's your new one, let me spend half an hour putting that in for you.

Off I go, electrical components to the van working, speedometer zeroed out.

I'm getting hungry, so I go to Waffle House. Fuck, my day's ruined already, why not.

While nobody expects class and top-tier service from a Waffle House, I get a look of undisguised contempt from the waitress as soon as I walk in the door. She waddles over to the high bar, takes my carryout order (chili-cheese omelet wheat toast hashbrowns all the way except gravy double waffle dark), walks over to another table, takes their orders, calls their orders, then calls my order.

While I wait for the cook to get around to my food and prepare it, I realize the four-year-old stomping and screaming around the restaurant is the waitress's son.

As the cook calls my order up, I go back up to the high bar. She scrapes the barely-done waffles (this is the opposite of a waffle dark btw) out of the iron, slaps them into a carryout box, and waddles back over with my ticket. She has to stop for a second to steel herself for actually taking something that I've touched, like with my hands.

My bag of food is sitting behind the bar. She waddles down to the other end of the bar, refills four drinks, picks up my bag, and hands it to me.

She sneers, "Sorry about the wait."

I take my food, go "Don't worry, you'll lose it", and leave. I don't need your goddamned surly antagonism.

McDohl

• Pika-boo
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #1641 on: September 28, 2010, 03:23:41 PM »

Oh SNAP!

Büge

• won't give you fleaz
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #1642 on: September 28, 2010, 05:45:00 PM »

R^2

• Not in the game.
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #1643 on: September 28, 2010, 11:49:31 PM »

Hey guys, I my dog died.

Stush

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #1644 on: September 29, 2010, 12:18:39 AM »

;_;
*Hugs R2 forever*

Büge

• won't give you fleaz
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #1645 on: September 29, 2010, 06:14:43 AM »

Mongrel

• Emoticon Knight-Errant
  • kodePunc Team
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #1646 on: September 29, 2010, 06:44:37 AM »

R^2

• Not in the game.
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #1647 on: September 29, 2010, 12:43:39 PM »

Back to the low-grade day-to-day despair: the speedometer problem isn't just a blown fuse. It's a transmission problem that may require a $20 part, but I can't do it myself, so labor costs. And I, you know, couldn't even afford the medicine to keep my dog alive, so my gas mileage is just going to have to suffer for the next month.

• Magic Gunner Miss Blue
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #1648 on: September 29, 2010, 02:25:17 PM »

...each time I have a bad day, R2 has an even worse day.

So apparently I'm the reason he's having such a shit day. I'm sorry R2

R^2

• Not in the game.
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #1649 on: September 29, 2010, 02:50:54 PM »

So I'm just always worse off than everyone on the boards? Is that it? If that's the case I'll be proactive and embark on a quest to solve everyone else's problems, starting with Lyrai!

Step 1) Find cure for cancer.

Brentai

• https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DnXYVlPgX_o
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #1650 on: September 29, 2010, 03:51:40 PM »

That may be a way to effectively improve your own life.

• Magic Gunner Miss Blue
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #1651 on: September 29, 2010, 05:08:14 PM »

My car trouble was "I got rear-ended by a paranoid teenager who's parents are going to yell at her for it, her car is nearly totaled, mine still runs fine, her insurance is going to pay for everything, and it was taken care of in less than 24 hours with no bickering"

Yours couldn't have been worse if you stopped on the highway to have a bear rape you.

Lottel

• You know that's right
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #1652 on: September 29, 2010, 05:15:19 PM »

NEXT WEEK: A bear rapes R^2

Seriously though, don't tempt fate like that.

Brentai

• https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DnXYVlPgX_o
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #1653 on: September 29, 2010, 05:27:30 PM »

Beat Bandit

• be entranced by my sexy rhythm
  • High-Bullshit
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #1654 on: September 29, 2010, 11:56:13 PM »

Starting from about ten minutes after the first thing I ate today I've been vomiting everything that goes into me about ten minutes after. Everything. I can't even drink water without chucking it back up.

It's really annoying because I get horribly feverish about five minutes before puking so I'm in no state to drive myself to the hospital even if I thought I could make the bag (j/k I would not try and drive while vomiting), my mom wont drive me because she insists I can wait to go to the doctor in the morning.

The part that's scaring me the most is that I had surgery when I was really young because I almost died from the exact same thing, which is fun.

Warning: while you were typing a new threat has been made.

My sister is apparently back visiting again which she does basically every week now. She's having a ton of financial troubles (read: has never been able to hold a job in her life) and it looks like she might be coming home soon.

Anyway, she's acting kind of weird all night then starts to scream bloody murder when I take the controller from her because I "tried to attack her and she doesn't feel safe around me". A short while later she makes a very detailed threat about how she's going to kill me and get away with it because she can claim self defense and our mom will back her up because of the scream.

Now this is all good and well on its own, but since she' currently out of money I don't doubt her lithium prescription took a recent cut, making the threat even more fun for the night.

Stush

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #1655 on: September 30, 2010, 06:14:18 PM »

Jeez, what the heck? D: Tell your mum that she's crazy. If she's on medicines or whatever it sorta backs up your theory!

R^2

• Not in the game.
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #1656 on: October 02, 2010, 10:15:27 AM »

The trackball on my Blackberry has long given me problems, where it will pretend sometimes that down = up for a few hours. Now it won't go down or left, making the device useless as a smartphone and difficult to use as a regular phone.

Furthermore, it seems my sinuses have been stuffed with wet sand and my throat rubbed raw with something resembling sandpaper or perhaps a Brillo pad. And it's Saturday, so how 'bout them god damned 'Noles?

Have about $20 to my name to last until Friday after next. Sulphurous fumes from the yawning hellgate in the backyard is killing the lawn, and the landlord's getting annoyed. Van still doesn't work.

Büge

• won't give you fleaz
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #1657 on: October 02, 2010, 11:15:06 AM »

Can't go to Nuit Blanche tonight.

Or rather, I could go if I didn't want to eat until Thursday.

Shinra

• Big Juicy Winners
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #1658 on: October 02, 2010, 11:53:13 AM »

Buge; if you have an outlet baked goods store nearby, you can live on toast and eggs all week for about a quarter a day if you really have to.

Büge

• won't give you fleaz
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #1659 on: October 02, 2010, 07:17:41 PM »

1. I'm vegan
2. I don't eat wheat
3. "Outlet" baked goods?
Pages: 1 ... 78 79 80 81 82 [83] 84 85 86 87 88 ... 173