Brontoforumus Archive

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This board has been fossilized.
You are reading an archive of Brontoforumus, a.k.a. The Worst Forums Ever, from 2008 to early 2014.  Registration and posting (for most members) has been disabled here to discourage spambots from taking over.  Old members can still log in to view boards, PMs, etc.

The new message board is at http://brontoforum.us.

Pages: 1 ... 84 85 86 87 88 [89] 90 91 92 93 94 ... 173

Author Topic: Shit Days  (Read 215709 times)

Brentai

• https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DnXYVlPgX_o
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
Re: Shit Days
« Reply #1760 on: November 11, 2010, 05:16:02 PM »

Wow, she hooked up with her mother?

R^2

• Not in the game.
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #1761 on: November 12, 2010, 02:20:17 PM »

Status of thumb drive upgraded from "I don't have it with me right now, sorry" to "lost entirely".

So I'll be doing almost all of my Menu Planning project over again.

By next week.

Mongrel

• Emoticon Knight-Errant
  • kodePunc Team
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #1762 on: November 12, 2010, 06:30:21 PM »

So, our week has mostly featured lots of small-time soul-eroding little bits of bad news that aren't really worth posting. But there's one that definitely qualifies.

First, a bit of backstory.

A while ago, my mom mentioned her brother had moved back to Iran from the UK. He'd lived in the UK for years and years (he'd had all his kids there and they're all grown now).

My uncle was and is basically a useless scumbag, having lived mostly off of money from my grandfather (technically my Grandfather is rich, but at no point in my life have I ever imagined I would see any of that, because it's all trapped in Iran forever). First he became a slumlord in Scotland and lived on that for a while, then his wife left him and took everything. In the meantime and afterwards he spent most of his time and money getting high and trying to scam people. This was never anything that concerned me, because I only met him once and even then not for very long.

So apparently he went back to Iran to try and squeeze more money out of my grandfather. Only he's such awful persona-non-grata that even though his kids are British citizens and he's lived there for well over two decades, that the UK used anti-terrorism laws to bar him from ever re-entering the country. Forever. Not that he's ever had even the faintest thing to do with terrorists (he's not even religious, unless you count drugs or money as a form of worship), but he's just that much of an undesireable (and that stupid about his immigration status).

So my uncles's stuck back in Iran driving people there crazy instead (last I heard he's trying to get my grandfather to turn into a hash addict... of course that's not quite the same as being a hash addict in North America, but anyway...). Again, I didn't really care other than the trouble he was surely causing my grandfather (who I also basically have no contact with... that's what happens when you don't speak Farsi). None of my concern.

Until I realized that now I have a sort-of immediate family member on international terrorism watch lists.

GEE THANKS. YOU STUPID ASSHOLE.

Mothra

• ┐('~`;)┌ w/e
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #1763 on: November 12, 2010, 08:44:54 PM »

Ex got a hold of me. Which she only does after she hooks up with some guy. She never tells me but I always find out afterwards some how. So with that firmly planted in my head, she tried to make chit chat in which she referred to me as "friend" several times.

Motherfucker.

How long has this been going on for?!

Lottel

• You know that's right
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #1764 on: November 12, 2010, 09:26:07 PM »

Her being a bitch or the whole she only gets hold of me when she hooks up?
Second one has been a few weeks. First one? No idea.

Beat Bandit

• be entranced by my sexy rhythm
  • High-Bullshit
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #1765 on: November 12, 2010, 09:32:11 PM »

Okay, I think I'm going to need a definition of "gets hold of". Like... emotionally, or your penis?

Classic

• Happens more often than you'd think.
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #1766 on: November 12, 2010, 09:35:57 PM »

I would assume "gets ahold of" means a face-to-face encounter where (his penis is in her sloppy "vice-grip" and) conversation takes place. Possibly over a meal.

Lottel

• You know that's right
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #1767 on: November 12, 2010, 09:50:36 PM »

No. Cell phone.

She refuses to be in the same place as me. Makes her feel bad.

Classic

• Happens more often than you'd think.
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #1768 on: November 12, 2010, 10:12:53 PM »

You cell phone should have a caller ignore feature?
I just...
Look, if you're not over it and she's not over being a tremendous bitch to you maybe you should just do the inelegant thing and block her or just say it straight that you're not interested in talking to her.

Or! Or you could lie! And say that your new girlfriend is extremely jealous and doesn't want you talking to old flings.

Response to the inevitable threat to your manhood: "Makes me feel better about myself than you ever did."
And then she'll cry.

R^2

• Not in the game.
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #1769 on: November 13, 2010, 10:01:01 AM »

Yes! Crush her, see her driven before you, and hear the lamentations of her... uh, self.  :nyoro~n:

JDigital

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #1770 on: November 13, 2010, 11:59:40 AM »

Tell her that you only like 2D girls.

Envy

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #1771 on: November 14, 2010, 06:15:14 AM »

Tell her that you only like 2D girls.
This isnt Genshiken

Catloaf

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #1772 on: November 14, 2010, 09:16:43 AM »

Weird computer problem:
I'm currently in an internet-programming class, and working on Javascript.  The thing is, any code that I have written or edited will not run.  I can run websites with javascript fine, I can copy-paste code from a page-source, save it, and it will run.  I can get rid of all the white-space, and it will run.   But if I change a single character in a string, or a single variable's value, or a single number in an equation, or even just rename a variable, it won't run.

Apparently I have a gremlin in my computer or something.  I suspect notepad++ may be encoding things wrong, but I really have no idea.  I'm not so much asking for help as much as I'm posting this because it's vaguely amusing to an outside observer.

Thad

• Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
    • corporate-sellout.com
« Reply #1773 on: November 14, 2010, 08:06:11 PM »

Yeah, if whitespace is the problem odds are that the text files are being encoded in MS-DOS format and run on a *nix system.  Been awhile since I used Notepad++, but see if it has an option to save as UNIX-format text.

Catloaf

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #1774 on: November 15, 2010, 06:50:01 AM »

Yeah, if whitespace is the problem

When I said,
I can get rid of all the white-space, and it will run.
I meant that it would run when unedited by me, and if I fucked with the whitespace in addition or removal of it.  Just not after I change anything that isn't whitespace.  It won't even run on web-based html/css/javascript emulators.  I tried saving my css and javascript as separate files and referencing them in the html rather than having them in the same file.  Nothing.  The css actually works either way.  It's just the javascript.  It seems to defy all logic.  Everything else works!  But javascript I edit will not run on this computer in any way, shape or form.  Other code will run!  Just not javascript!  I just don't fucking get it.

Thanks for the assistance anyway, even if I worded my problem badly and your answer wound up being irrelevant.

EDIT: Dowloaded a debugger extension for firefox and suddenly javascript works again.  WTF!?

R^2

• Not in the game.
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #1775 on: November 15, 2010, 08:37:57 AM »

Off work after midnight, in bed at two AM.

Up at 6:30. Things to do today: go to the bank; withdraw entire balance to pay rent; exchange cashier's check my father sent me for cash; travel across town to Marietta; pick up van from radiator shop (paying with money my father sent me); be in class by 12:30.

It is raining.

Ex/Roommate/Formerly The Girlfriend drives me to the bank. It's still too early so they're not open. But it's okay if I don't have the rent money, says she, because she doesn't have her half of the rent money and won't until her next paycheck comes in Friday-ish. This means there is a $100 late charge on our rent. (Is she out of money because she's been out partying all night and crashing with friends for four of the past six days? Probably!)

Get on the train. Get off the train. Wait for the bus to Marietta. Bus does not come. Call Cobb County Transit. Bus I'm waiting for isn't running today. Get back on train. Get off train elsewhere.

Bus doesn't come for well over an hour. Check GPS, there's a bank a few blocks away. Put on rain poncho, walk to bank, get soaked anyway, end up looking like a homeless wizard for nothing. Cashier's check -- in a water-resistant messenger bag and covered in a poncho -- is probably too wet to be viable. Wait outside bank, in the rain, for half an hour until they open.

Enter bank. Get asked "How are you?" three times, twice by the same employee. Reply "Wet." each time except the last, at which point I instead reply "Still wet." Check is depositable but not cashable. Withdraw all of my money anyway, to pay the repair charges. Stomp back to bus station.

Squeeze onto crowded bus to Marietta. Try to keep from falling asleep.

Get off bus. Unbutton all the fasteners on useless poncho, put hood on my jacket up, and wrap poncho around my shoulders and bags like a cloak. Immediately get heckled by some jackass waiting for another bus. Resist urge to punch him in his goddamn mouth.

Walk half an hour to radiator shop. Find that Check Engine light is still on, and van is still throwing error messages for, according to mechanic, no goddamn reason. Van might pass inspection to get tags renewed, after I drive it for fifty or sixty miles on the expired tags.

Drive through Atlanta in the rain. Stop at McDonald's for first meal in seventeen hours. Decline offer to "buy a hand" from the drive-thru attendant. Am told she thought I'd be "nice". Resist urge to punch her in her goddamn mouth.

Park in school lot. Vindictive McDonald's drivethru drones didn't give me a straw. Pay $4 -- highway robbery except it's a parking lot -- for a parking pass for the day.

Ahead: Latin Cuisine class, drive home in the rain during rush hour, etc.

R^2

• Not in the game.
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #1776 on: November 20, 2010, 10:49:32 AM »

A few days ago in #finalfight, the subject of my finances and whether I needed anyone to send me money came up. I'm now obligated to take a roadtrip I can't afford for Thanksgiving (since my father paid for my van repairs, I now must use said van to visit family for the holidays), I'm behind on my school payments and phone bill, and my insurance payment is due. I thought before I'd go rattling my tin cup at you all again, I'd at least wait and see how my paycheck turned out.

It's a two-week paycheck, made entirely of weeks where I'd only worked two days. And renewal fees and such for my insurance pushed it over the border from "close call" to "account overdrawn". My optimism regarding my self-sufficiency was not well-founded.

So... brother, can you spare a dime?

Brentai

• https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DnXYVlPgX_o
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #1777 on: November 20, 2010, 08:31:12 PM »

Cap fell out.  Nothing major, and by a stroke of luck I already have a dentist's appointment the first thing on Monday when they open again.  Mostly it's just obnoxiously sensitive, and kinda sucks to drink water, but I have to keep it clean.

Almost doesn't count as a shit day on the grand scheme of everyone else's problems, but it's all I got.

R^2, do you have a specific amount you need?  I don't throw money at people randomly.

Büge

• won't give you fleaz
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #1778 on: November 20, 2010, 08:41:50 PM »

Oh, uh, I've got one: I have a six-day work week but I'm only getting 25 hours. Oh, and it's all in the evening, so yeah. My social life is suffering.

TA

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #1779 on: November 21, 2010, 09:52:08 PM »

My monitor died.  And non-widescreen monitors seem to be a thing of the past, so I'm probably gonna be losing vertical pixels on top of several hundred dollars.  Yaaaay.
Do you understand how terrifying the words “vibrating strap on” are for an asexual? That’s like saying “the holocaust” to a Jew.
Pages: 1 ... 84 85 86 87 88 [89] 90 91 92 93 94 ... 173