Brontoforumus Archive

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This board has been fossilized.
You are reading an archive of Brontoforumus, a.k.a. The Worst Forums Ever, from 2008 to early 2014.  Registration and posting (for most members) has been disabled here to discourage spambots from taking over.  Old members can still log in to view boards, PMs, etc.

The new message board is at http://brontoforum.us.

Author Topic: Shit Days  (Read 215720 times)

Friday

• Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
Re: Shit Days
« Reply #2740 on: April 19, 2012, 05:28:11 PM »

MODERN PERSON BAD DAY CHECKLIST

(x) Woken up early by some sort of construction
(x) Forgot to set alarm
(x) Mishap in shower
(x) Cut self with knife
(x) Problem with debit card and I got dinged because of it
(x) Someone in customer service was dumb at me
(x) Starbucks
(x) People at work are dumb
( ) My boss is dumb
(x) Car problems

You're 9/10, Ted.

:nyoro~n:

Ted Belmont

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #2741 on: April 19, 2012, 05:40:21 PM »

Yeah, both of my bosses are pretty cool. ::3:

And technically, I was woken up by destruction.

Stush

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #2742 on: April 19, 2012, 08:27:28 PM »

You still get 40 hugs, Ted, 41, even.

Lottel

• You know that's right
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #2743 on: April 19, 2012, 09:36:18 PM »

Remember how I have head problems? I have head problems. And today they were a little out of control to the point I was hallucinating cars and couldn't read for a little while. My job is half reading tickets, half driving to the places I read on the ticket.
To just go a quick run through of the things that happened while I was being dizzy off and on, having trouble reading, and my head was hurting so bad sometimes I had to hold myself up:
I was called in 3 hours early and told I had to close. Car battery died. Corporate boss threatened my job. I hit a meter maid's car (She parked behind me! In the middle of a parking lot!) I got lost in an empty building. My back up driver never showed leaving me to do the work of two people tonight. A lady paid for her $25 ticket all with dimes and said she lost count but she thinks that's enough. I was chased by a pitbull. My manager tried to cheer my up by spraying me with a hose. Since I was wet, my shoes stuck to the freezer and I tripped and hit my head on the wall. Three hours late to a bonfire I was supposed to go to, causing my friends to decide it was the perfect time to gossip about me, since two of my friend groups (that I try to keep VERY separate) met up. I was punched in the stomach by a friend as a joke.

COOL THINGS THAT HAPPENED: I was in the parking lot of the hospital and two ducks were having an argument and I rolled down my window and shook my fist at them and yelled and they turned towards me and quacked before resuming their argument.

Ted Belmont

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #2744 on: April 20, 2012, 05:22:21 AM »

...You win.

Zaratustra

• what
  • Tested
    • View Profile
    • Zaratustra Productions
« Reply #2745 on: April 20, 2012, 05:55:26 AM »

Remember how I have head problems? I have head problems. And today they were a little out of control to the point I was hallucinating cars and couldn't read for a little while. My job is half reading tickets, half driving to the places I read on the ticket.

Can't you claim disability?

Mongrel

• Emoticon Knight-Errant
  • kodePunc Team
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #2746 on: April 20, 2012, 06:01:10 AM »

They'd have to figure out what's wrong with him first.

No really, if they can't find the medical problem he's SOL both ways.

R^2

• Not in the game.
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #2747 on: April 20, 2012, 10:08:02 AM »

Twenty years from now "Lottel Syndrome" will be the reason everyone is attaching ribbons to their cars and stuff.

Ted Belmont

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #2748 on: April 20, 2012, 10:14:49 AM »

Dad and uncle just went to get my car from the shop, only to discover that the windshield wiper motor is burned out, costing another $300 to replace. ::(:

Mongrel

• Emoticon Knight-Errant
  • kodePunc Team
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #2749 on: April 20, 2012, 10:16:31 AM »

Twenty years from now "Lottel Syndrome" will be the reason everyone is attaching ribbons to their cars and stuff.

The real question is what colour or pattern the ribbon will be.

Shinra

• Big Juicy Winners
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #2750 on: April 20, 2012, 10:23:42 AM »

Provided Lottel is in the US, the disability here is fucking ghastly. My wife claims it for SAD and agoraphobia, and I would claim it myself for how severe my bipolar swings get if we could actually live on that wage, but if you haven't worked at least ten years you can't claim full disability as an adult, and if you have the cap is still woefully low, like 1200 a month. If you get off work on long-term disability (Which you have to prove to insurance lawyers and your employer) and manage to get awarded SSI depending on how good your disability benefits are they may match up to the salary you were making when you became disabled, but that number will never increase and you can only work a limited amount without risking forfeiture of your benefits. I worked with an autistic guy at a previous job who actually gave up his benefits because he couldn't live on his own anymore.

It was pretty tragic.

The real question is what colour or pattern the ribbon will be.

Puce with olive stripes.

Lottel

• You know that's right
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #2751 on: April 20, 2012, 10:43:44 AM »

It only happens, like, once in a blue moon anything's bad enough for it to go all wacky like that. All the other time, I'm hunky-doryish, just a constant headache and occasional dizziness and a sort of mental stuttering. I'd feel like a monster if I took disability and was basically fine 95% of the time.

If this job didn't have such stupid rules, I'd have just gone home sic. But to do that I'd have to call the head manager, ask her permission, call around to get a replacement, get a replacement, call manager to see if it's still acceptable, call back replacement to tell them the manager okayed it, and then tell everyone I was working with. While I was working. And since I was doing notsogreat at numbers and letters yesterday...

Mongrel

• Emoticon Knight-Errant
  • kodePunc Team
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #2752 on: April 20, 2012, 11:02:35 AM »

basically fine 95% of the time.
just a constant headache and occasional dizziness and a sort of mental stuttering.

Er.

• Magic Gunner Miss Blue
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #2753 on: April 20, 2012, 11:08:53 AM »

hi

don't get me started on the fuckedupness of disability in the us

if you want i can post irc logs of the past 5-10 years of me screaming about it every step of the way.

Lottel

• You know that's right
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #2754 on: April 20, 2012, 12:45:29 PM »

just a constant headache and occasional dizziness and a sort of mental stuttering.

Er.

Er.

I said basically fine.

Beat Bandit

• be entranced by my sexy rhythm
  • High-Bullshit
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #2755 on: April 20, 2012, 12:56:59 PM »

The best part is the obvious seizure that made you forget the quote was already there.

Mongrel

• Emoticon Knight-Errant
  • kodePunc Team
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #2756 on: April 21, 2012, 02:43:57 PM »

Not really shit for me, but I guess this is the least-inappropriate thread for this. A buddy from work was smoked on his motorbike and I just found out today.

At first they said his lower body had been turned into creamed corn, but I went to see him today at the hospital and he's more or less okay (some busted bones in his hands and some fucked up femoral ligaments on one side... not great but a damn sight better than what we'd heard).

The important thing was he was well enough to make fun of!

Mongrel

• Emoticon Knight-Errant
  • kodePunc Team
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #2757 on: April 25, 2012, 06:26:25 PM »

Not really shit for me, but I guess this is the least-inappropriate thread for this. A buddy from work was smoked on his motorbike and I just found out today.

At first they said his lower body had been turned into creamed corn, but I went to see him today at the hospital and he's more or less okay (some busted bones in his hands and some fucked up femoral ligaments on one side... not great but a damn sight better than what we'd heard).

The important thing was he was well enough to make fun of!

So apparently they just hadn't bandaged him up yet and he really was as bad off as initially advertised (but he seems pretty chipper about things anyway... taking the optimist's "I'm not dead!" view).

Additional pain revealed today: He lost a nut.

I'll leave it to someone else to find the most appropriate image macro here.

Disposable Ninja

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #2758 on: April 25, 2012, 07:24:08 PM »

I am currently being forced to listen to old reruns of King of Queens.

Why does Kevin James have a career?

Who thought that was a good idea?

Büge

• won't give you fleaz
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #2759 on: April 25, 2012, 07:37:50 PM »

The same people who greenlit all of Larry the Cable Guy's films.