Brontoforumus Archive

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This board has been fossilized.
You are reading an archive of Brontoforumus, a.k.a. The Worst Forums Ever, from 2008 to early 2014.  Registration and posting (for most members) has been disabled here to discourage spambots from taking over.  Old members can still log in to view boards, PMs, etc.

The new message board is at http://brontoforum.us.

Author Topic: Shit Days  (Read 215736 times)

Niku

• MEAT
  • Tested
    • View Profile
Re: Shit Days
« Reply #3100 on: January 29, 2013, 03:57:49 PM »

I could use a couple of those but I've been listening to musical soundtracks all day to alternately lift my spirits and depress the hell out of me anyway.  Goddamn you, melodramas.
i'm a blog now, blogs are cool: a fantastic machine made of meat

Büge

• won't give you fleaz
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #3101 on: January 29, 2013, 05:04:18 PM »

* Büge hugs Niku

Disposable Ninja

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #3102 on: January 29, 2013, 06:32:05 PM »

Well, that's all pretty terrible. If there's anything you need, man, you can talk to me.

I mean, okay, I'm broke and all, and if I go over to your place I'm totally going to need you to cover the cost of gas.

But otherwise I'm totally here for you, dude.

In less tragic news: something I said on youtube about Kratos got referenced by the two best friends today. This was the highlight of my day. And that makes me sad for myself.

Mongrel

• Emoticon Knight-Errant
  • kodePunc Team
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #3103 on: January 29, 2013, 07:22:16 PM »

DN, if you want to go over to Niku's I will front you gas money, no questions asked.

• Magic Gunner Miss Blue
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #3104 on: January 30, 2013, 03:41:37 AM »

brother needs tablet

brother makes plans to buy tablet

~SHIT HAPPENS~

brother cna no longer buy tablet

run all over town looking for a deal on a tablet

can't find one

make plans to help him afford it

dad gets mad I tried to help

brother gets mad we suggest it's a bad idea to drop $500 on something he can no longer afford

mother gets mad due to communication failure on her end

dad says it's my fault she's mad

brother hates all of us

my head my head my head my head my head my head my head my head my head my head my head my head my head my head my head my head my head my head my head my head my head my head my head my head my head my head my head my head my head my head my head my head my head my head my head my head my head my head my head my head my head my head my head my head my head my head my head my head my head my head my head my head my head my head my head my head my head my head my head my head my head my head my head my head my head my head my head my head

Büge

• won't give you fleaz
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #3105 on: January 30, 2013, 06:38:22 AM »

This kind of tablet?

Mongrel

• Emoticon Knight-Errant
  • kodePunc Team
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #3106 on: January 30, 2013, 08:09:19 AM »

I think she means the ipad kind.

Hm... the drawing kind is probably going to have to get itself a new descriptor, now that the other kind of tablet is popular. Too much confusion.

NexAdruin

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #3107 on: January 31, 2013, 11:01:00 AM »

I got into a minor accident today. Nobody was hurt, thankfully, but it was my fault. I hit a patch of ice and slid into the oncoming lane. Somehow I managed to not get a citation for the accident, so it's just a matter of repairs/insurance. I still feel like an idiot, though.

Classic

• Happens more often than you'd think.
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #3108 on: January 31, 2013, 11:17:56 AM »

That's the worst.
Black ice is the worst.

EDIT
:racist:

• Magic Gunner Miss Blue
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #3109 on: January 31, 2013, 07:04:03 PM »

Monday and Tuesday: Dad's sick
Wednesday and Thursday: mom's sick

Friday & Saturday: Go fuck yourself

Kayma

• kodePunc Team
  • Tested
    • View Profile
    • http://twitter.com/kayma
« Reply #3110 on: January 31, 2013, 09:24:56 PM »

Man Lyrai, I feel like I need to shove some serious good times in this PDS box :(

Ted Belmont

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #3111 on: February 01, 2013, 08:44:44 AM »

So now the power at my house is shut off because my roommate told the power company we'd be out on the 1st, and forgot to update them when the new place got delayed.

And since our water pump runs on electricity, now we have no power, no water, I woke up with a crick in my neck that won't go away, and I have to get an eye exam this morning.

:painful:

• Magic Gunner Miss Blue
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #3112 on: February 02, 2013, 04:44:24 PM »

Final tally

8am-5pm babysitting
Paid: $0
Broken: Wii, DS Lite, Blu-Ray Player, Toy Story 3 Disc
Health: Mother in hospital, severe stomach and head pains

• Magic Gunner Miss Blue
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #3113 on: February 02, 2013, 06:31:50 PM »

Also a heart attack scare.

Kayma

• kodePunc Team
  • Tested
    • View Profile
    • http://twitter.com/kayma
« Reply #3114 on: February 03, 2013, 01:05:32 PM »

How broke we talking here?

• Magic Gunner Miss Blue
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #3115 on: February 03, 2013, 03:40:04 PM »

I took the Wii apart - amazingly, Thad's thread about it was something of a help. The disc drive itself appears to be fucked, as I can frankenstien it to a working capacity on the menu and VC games, but it shits the bed when a disc is put in.

I was already saving up for a Wii U. Might as well do that.

Grath

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #3116 on: February 05, 2013, 10:14:20 AM »

Chatting with girl I've had feelings for for a few years now, but can't date despite mutual feelings because she has a boyfriend. Get confirmation that she did in fact break up with her previous boyfriend and start dating someone new without even giving me a second thought. She can't understand why I'm unhappy about this.

::(:

Classic

• Happens more often than you'd think.
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #3117 on: February 05, 2013, 10:17:41 AM »

Are you sure about the "mutual" quality of these feelings?
At the risk of being skeezy, if a girl wants to date you she will either two-time or split from her current engagements and (call me old fashioned) as a gentleman your best bet is to make enacting those decisions as easy as possible.

Ted Belmont

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #3118 on: February 05, 2013, 10:37:42 AM »

What Classic said. Assuming you've both made your desires clear in the recent past(and I do mean recent; feelings that aren't acted upon can fade pretty quickly), if she really wanted to date you, she would have.

My advice: move on. It might seem harsh, but if she's moved on and you haven't, it will only cause pain for both of you. Plus, it's really hard to meet new people(and potentially interface your reproductive organs with them) if you're pining for some lost love from your past.

Grath

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #3119 on: February 05, 2013, 10:43:52 AM »

Are you sure about the "mutual" quality of these feelings?
At the risk of being skeezy, if a girl wants to date you she will either two-time or split from her current engagements and (call me old fashioned) as a gentleman your best bet is to make enacting those decisions as easy as possible.

Thanks to Facebook logging everything ever for data-mining ( :perfect: )...
i wish there was a way for us to be together that didnt involve me leaving [previous boyfriend]...

do you believe a person can love more than one person?

Factor in things like a bunch of time spent cuddling, sometimes a bit more... One time with spending the night [not a euphemism, although there was some making out and falling asleep while cuddling]... Yeah, I'm about as sure as I can be that feelings were mutual.

What Classic said. Assuming you've both made your desires clear in the recent past(and I do mean recent; feelings that aren't acted upon can fade pretty quickly), if she really wanted to date you, she would have.

My advice: move on. It might seem harsh, but if she's moved on and you haven't, it will only cause pain for both of you. Plus, it's really hard to meet new people(and potentially interface your reproductive organs with them) if you're pining for some lost love from your past.

I've been trying to move on, more seriously after a fight we had last spring about this whole mess. Doesn't help when I keep seeing her every so often (given college and some mutual hobby interests and all - plus we're in the same honors group thing) and that tends to just dredge up all the feels again.