Brontoforumus Archive

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This board has been fossilized.
You are reading an archive of Brontoforumus, a.k.a. The Worst Forums Ever, from 2008 to early 2014.  Registration and posting (for most members) has been disabled here to discourage spambots from taking over.  Old members can still log in to view boards, PMs, etc.

The new message board is at http://brontoforum.us.

Author Topic: Shit Days  (Read 215735 times)

Büge

• won't give you fleaz
  • Tested
    • View Profile
Re: Shit Days
« Reply #3320 on: July 02, 2013, 03:37:42 AM »

Only because of background radiation.

Classic

• Happens more often than you'd think.
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #3321 on: July 02, 2013, 03:40:15 AM »

... I thought that was the "average temperature" (which is redundant, all temperatures are averages) of the observable universe,  not the temperature of (near) vacuum?

Zaratustra

• what
  • Tested
    • View Profile
    • Zaratustra Productions
« Reply #3322 on: July 02, 2013, 03:56:52 AM »

The vacuum of space still has a lot of photons. Those photons are what carry the radiated temperature and keep space at a balmy 3K.

Cthulhu-chan

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #3323 on: July 02, 2013, 05:19:48 AM »

Not so shit as what usually gets posted here, but got a jury duty summon.  Could have been actually shitty, as it was dated for right on the end of the vacation I'd planned to visit my folks in NorCal, but they took the postponement so yay.

Catloaf

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #3324 on: July 04, 2013, 12:03:02 PM »

Good news: I'm in Tokyo
Bad news: my back's fucked up from the flight, I'm in minor withdrawal/reverse withdrawal* from my medications because of said flight, I currently lack a much needed GPS/working cell phone and my study habits sucked so hard that I have virtually no confidence in my ability to communicate with others.

*When I take my anti-depressants again after too long my withdrawal symptoms get worse before they get better.

Büge

• won't give you fleaz
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #3325 on: July 04, 2013, 12:09:27 PM »

But at least you're posting this from a cosplay cafe, right? And there's a trio of buxom waitresses clinging to you and giggling at all your witty remarks while Japanese salarymen glare furiously into their drinks, too bound by cultural mores to confront the gaijin pussy-magnet in their midst?

Catloaf

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #3326 on: July 04, 2013, 03:40:09 PM »

I wish... perhaps tomorrow (which starts at noon EST). Today I just getting set up; wondering what is socially acceptable to buy at a convenience store (I want to get a toy/candy, but I'm pretty sure it has a silent NERD!!! alarm set up to it that goes off if one even looks at it too intently), getting lost on on the train system, having one awkward conversation after another in which strangers get the impression I don't speak a word of Japanese until the very end where I become momentarily fluent, renting a smart phone so I don't get lost again... Y'know, the basics.

Niku

• MEAT
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #3327 on: July 05, 2013, 07:37:44 AM »

We found out two days ago that the puppy had contracted parvo -- still not sure where the testing slipped through at the shelter or exactly what happened.  With the Fourth, all we could do was take home some medicine and some nutritional fluids from the vet to feed her with until we could take her in today to get her on an IV, but she took a sharp downturn last night and passed away this morning.  I am heavily not okay with this for a dog we only had for six days.
i'm a blog now, blogs are cool: a fantastic machine made of meat

Classic

• Happens more often than you'd think.
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #3328 on: July 05, 2013, 08:22:58 AM »

Truly sad times.
I've been fortunate enough to have all of my puppies grow old and it still hurt badly.

Mongrel

• Emoticon Knight-Errant
  • kodePunc Team
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #3329 on: July 05, 2013, 09:18:14 AM »

So sorry niku.

Poor critter ;___;

Mongrel

• Emoticon Knight-Errant
  • kodePunc Team
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #3330 on: July 09, 2013, 02:28:56 PM »

On the bad side, I hung out with a bunch of older retired guys who were pretty cool (old motorbike meet-up), but who all declared "Gee, I've never had a job I disliked." and stared at me like I was a mutant after I answered that I hated my current job (I was asked about this; I didn't just start bitching to nice people I barely met).

Grath

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #3331 on: July 12, 2013, 06:42:41 AM »

Not so shit as what usually gets posted here, but got a jury duty summon.  Could have been actually shitty, as it was dated for right on the end of the vacation I'd planned to visit my folks in NorCal, but they took the postponement so yay.

If you're lucky, your jury duty will end up like mine: "Check the website for Jury Duty every night for four days, with them not needing any jurors for the next day, until they put up a message that they don't need any jurors, you've done your civic duty and you're out of the jury pool for 5 years".

Also, if they bring you in, you can probably get out of being a juror by saying that you believe in Jury Nullification in some way. My dad commented when they were swearing people in that it was also the juror's job to judge the law and when they called his number to interview him for the jury they didn't even let him sit down before they threw him off the jury.

Cthulhu-chan

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #3332 on: July 12, 2013, 06:51:26 AM »

Well, I am a supporter of jury nullification, so there's that.

Brentai

• https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DnXYVlPgX_o
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #3333 on: July 12, 2013, 07:25:20 AM »

:montoya:

R^2

• Not in the game.
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #3334 on: July 12, 2013, 11:03:16 AM »

Man I just did my civic duty yesterday and it was fine. I mean it's kind of staggering how many people slip out of jury duty by not understanding the fifth amendment but w/e man.

Catloaf

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #3335 on: July 14, 2013, 03:45:52 PM »

Back in America, currently at LAX. Some asshole TSA agent stole all my pocket change.  Which was in yen, which means it's easier to have a lot more money in a lot fewer coins, which means they stole at least $10 USD equivalent from me.  My money was in a tub to go through the xray, I find on the other side that everything that was in the tub is just on the rollers with no tub, I ask about it, and look for my money on the ground, no one is any help at all.  A lollipop that was also in the tub was sitting on top of the xray scanner, they let me have it back but no one would say how it got there.

Yeah, one of them stole my fucking money.

Mongrel

• Emoticon Knight-Errant
  • kodePunc Team
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #3336 on: July 22, 2013, 01:29:02 PM »

Hey my Costco membership lets me buy roadside assistance at like half the price of CAA and it even covers motorcycles! Yay! Cool! That's actually a very good buy!

Oh wait my bike is ten years older than their coverage permits. Boooooooo!

Oh hey, they didn't tell me this until after I paid and registered. BARRRF.

They should refund it after I go nag them tomorrow, but still.  :MENDOZAAAAA:

• Magic Gunner Miss Blue
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #3337 on: August 07, 2013, 06:53:37 PM »

* Morning Phone Ring
<Lyrai> h'lo?
<Dad> You know how Aunt D was in the hospital?
<Lyrai> yeah?
<Dad> They found out what was causing it. Lung cancer.
<Lyrai> ....shit.
<Dad> That's one way of putting it, yeah.

Royal☭

• Supreme Court Judge President
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #3338 on: August 07, 2013, 11:04:04 PM »

That sucks. Lung cancer is a bear of a thing. My dad suffered through that shit. I'm sorry, you have my condolences.

Brentai

• https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DnXYVlPgX_o
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #3339 on: August 15, 2013, 07:33:35 AM »

I'm at the "all my nerves have shut down and I feel like I'm floating" stage of a typical minor illness.  I should be happier about it because it's the least painful part and usually signifies that it's breaking, but I hate it because my brain can't help but compare the feeling with death, and then I start getting into some really weird shit.