Brontoforumus Archive

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This board has been fossilized.
You are reading an archive of Brontoforumus, a.k.a. The Worst Forums Ever, from 2008 to early 2014.  Registration and posting (for most members) has been disabled here to discourage spambots from taking over.  Old members can still log in to view boards, PMs, etc.

The new message board is at http://brontoforum.us.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 ... 173

Author Topic: Shit Days  (Read 215705 times)

Thad

• Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
    • corporate-sellout.com
Re: Shit Days
« Reply #120 on: December 10, 2008, 01:53:37 AM »

...so at about 2 AM, I heard a splintering sound followed by a sliding sound, and then turned around in time to watch four boxes of comics slide off the shelf and onto the floor.

They were front-heavy boxes and appear to have put enough weight on the front-left part of the shelf that it pushed the peg it was on right down through the hole it was in.

No harm done to me, the comics, or anything else that I can see besides the aforesaid ruined hole and one of the box tops.  But I clearly need to find a new way of storing them at whatever place I move to next.  (My old apartment had a walk-in closet, which was perfect.)  Basically I think I just need deeper, sturdier shelves.

In the meantime, I've moved the front-heavy boxes to lower shelves, the boxes that were on THOSE shelves to another set of shelves (which I hope will hold them better but which are still less than ideal), and the things on those shelves back to the original shelf, which I've moved up one rung higher since it won't be able to sit in that old spot anymore.

Anyway.  Clearly I pissed off somebody on the forum and he found my house and is trying to strike at that which is dearest to me.

Disposable Ninja

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: December 10, 2008, 02:03:49 AM »

I have a cramp on the right side of stomach, and has since been informed that that's where the appendix is.

I'm pretty sure that means that I am going to die soon.

Zaratustra

• what
  • Tested
    • View Profile
    • Zaratustra Productions
« Reply #122 on: December 10, 2008, 03:19:10 AM »

I had that too and I spent a night in the hospital before someone actually looked at my test results and said it wasn't jack.

as I understand, if you're not rolling in pain in 48 hours, you don't have anything.

Kazz

• Projekt Direktor
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: December 10, 2008, 03:54:06 AM »

I thought I had appendicitis once but it turned out to be gas.  It was such an incredible, sharp pain, though.  I sat on the potty and tried to fart so hard but it didn't work.  Eventually it just, I don't know.  Turned into 50 pounds of fat I guess.

François

• Huh.
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: December 10, 2008, 06:19:54 AM »

The appendix isn't on the right side of the stomach at all. It's way down to the bottom right of your abdomen, lower than your navel.

Zaratustra

• what
  • Tested
    • View Profile
    • Zaratustra Productions
« Reply #125 on: December 10, 2008, 07:14:07 AM »

yeah, that's exactly the point that hurts. I -hope- it's just muscles, or my guts that decided to reconfigure themselves.

Niku

• MEAT
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: December 10, 2008, 10:50:37 AM »

you're all pregnant.

with transformers.

chkchkchkchkchkchk.
i'm a blog now, blogs are cool: a fantastic machine made of meat

TA

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: December 10, 2008, 10:59:11 AM »

I have a cramp on the right side of stomach, and has since been informed that that's where the appendix is.

I'm pretty sure that means that I am going to die soon.

You're not.  Appendicitis is a major hateful thing, not just a cramp.  When my sister had it, the first symptom to present itself was eight continuous hours of vomiting.  You really can't mistake it for a minor thing.
Do you understand how terrifying the words “vibrating strap on” are for an asexual? That’s like saying “the holocaust” to a Jew.

Zaratustra

• what
  • Tested
    • View Profile
    • Zaratustra Productions
« Reply #128 on: December 14, 2008, 08:25:44 PM »

My psychologist rescheduled me three times cause she's changing clinics. I hate my job and I'm afraid I won't get anything better despite having spent more years in school than most teachers. I was going to go to another city for new years but the roads are destroyed because of excessive rain. And every time I try to talk to a girl she turns her nose up halfway through the first phrase. I'm afraid I'm getting old and won't get to enjoy life before I don't have the chance to anymore.

Kazz

• Projekt Direktor
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: December 14, 2008, 08:28:17 PM »

Move to America, you bastard.

Zaratustra

• what
  • Tested
    • View Profile
    • Zaratustra Productions
« Reply #130 on: December 14, 2008, 08:39:57 PM »

I WAS BUT FIRST YOU DESTROYED YOUR BUILDINGS AND NOW YOUR ECONOMY

Kazz

• Projekt Direktor
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: December 14, 2008, 08:41:04 PM »

Come fix them!

Ted Belmont

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: December 23, 2008, 07:58:06 PM »

So this morning I got to crawl, on my back, underneath my parents' house, through 6 inches of ice-cold water(uphill both ways) to fix a water line that had popped out of its u-joint. As the shock of the cold water overtook me and my entire body seized up for a brief moment, I thought to myself, "Great, 2 days before Christmas, and I'm going to die of hypothermia underneath my parents' house." Then the cat that lives under my parents' house(got chased under there by dogs, won't come out) decided it just HAD to have attention while I was trying to put the pipe in place without falling back into the water(not that it would've mattered, since I was already soaked at that point). THEN I got to crawl back through the water, since there's only one entrance to the crawlspace under the house, and the water just happened to be between it and me.

On the plus side, working in the frozen foods section doesn't seem so bad now!

Romosome

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: December 23, 2008, 08:05:03 PM »

You should probably have someone monitor/spot you during that or like tie a rope around your waist.  You know, so you don't die of hypothermia underneath your parent's house 2 days before christmas.

Seriously, precarious home situations like that are a lot more lethal than people think.

Ted Belmont

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: December 23, 2008, 11:07:28 PM »

Yeah, probably. However, no one else was home, and I wanted to take a shower.

Romosome

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #135 on: December 23, 2008, 11:36:20 PM »

Yeah, probably. However, no one else was home, and I wanted to take a shower, so I DUNKED MYSELF IN THE ICE COLD WATER BENEATH OUR HOUSE  :enraged:

manly stuff.

Ted Belmont

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: December 23, 2008, 11:48:01 PM »

Ok, so it was actually more like 'I was the only one home AND the only one small enough to fit into the crawlspace, by the time anyone else would be home to spot me I'd be at work, and I knew my parents wouldn't stop bothering me about it until I fixed it.'

• Magic Gunner Miss Blue
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: December 26, 2008, 03:42:44 PM »

My grandmother had a stroke. She's alive.

It is hard to express how wonderful she is in mere words, but I'll try:

If she were to look and read every post on these boards, and on the pyokoboards, she'd still want to make everyone cookies and tea afterwords.

Even Guild.

Disposable Ninja

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: December 26, 2008, 04:14:57 PM »

goo won't stop coming out of my nose

and i'm so congested that pooping leaves me winded

fuck you, i'm sick

Guild

• High-Bullshit
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: January 06, 2009, 04:34:57 PM »

Some days I feel totally alone. Today is one of those days. People in general suck big nuts.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 ... 173