Brontoforumus Archive

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This board has been fossilized.
You are reading an archive of Brontoforumus, a.k.a. The Worst Forums Ever, from 2008 to early 2014.  Registration and posting (for most members) has been disabled here to discourage spambots from taking over.  Old members can still log in to view boards, PMs, etc.

The new message board is at http://brontoforum.us.

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 ... 173

Author Topic: Shit Days  (Read 215717 times)

Friday

• Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
Re: Shit Days
« Reply #320 on: May 27, 2009, 04:20:00 PM »

So for those of you paying attention to my inane garbage, recently I lost a player in my long (and I mean long, like 3+ years for this for this particular campaign, and 4+ years for the previous) standing campaign because he decided to move to Seattle, lol.

Anyway, yesterday night, one of my other players had a baby*. He's quitting for at least six months, and unsure if he will be able to/want to come back at all, ever.

I am now down to three players within a week. This irritates me, naturally.

Really, though, I'm posting this in SHIT DAYS on behalf of the friend who just witnessed his little girl come into the world. He and his wife are not even remotely ready for a child. Not financially, not mentally, and not emotionally. This day is the start of a lot of SHIT for him. (Even literally, lol!)

This child is going to severely reduce the quality of his life. (I won't say ruin, but.) I cannot imagine trading friends, activities, free time, free money, and sleep for some biological urge to be satisfied.

Fuck, it's not even that. He didn't even want the kid. His wife pressured him into it because she wants pets. Yes, pets. She wants FIVE or MORE kids. I cannot even begin to explain the doormat that my friend is. She completely dominates him in all aspects of his life. She's a incredible idiot feminist, actually believing that males are inferior. She belittles and emasculates my friend nonstop, all the time, every day. She is going to raise her sons and especially her daughters to do the same. They will all grow up thinking their dad is a fucking joke.

I can't even think about this. It makes me furious. Can someone explain why a really smart person with a good soul would subject himself to this kind of woman? Is it because she's the first person he ever had sex with? Is this some kind of self-confidence issue? I'm leaning toward yes, because she's fucking fat and ugly.

The fucked up part that makes me REALLY hate her is she's smart. Like REALLY smart. If she was just another ignorant bitch I would dislike her. But she's intelligent. It's like her one redeeming feature. Only since it's combined with everything else it just makes it worse. Like how intelligent villains are worse than stupid ones.

God.

I feel so sorry for my friend. I really hope I'm wrong and he grows a fucking spine and stands up to her. But people tend to remain the same and change is rare. In twenty years, when his mostly teenage litter of kids won't listen to him because he's been underminded by his wife at every turn their entire lives and therefore has no value, when all his female children are carbon fucking copies of his wife, when his sons have learned to hate themselves for the crime of having a penis, he's going to have a fucking aneurysm and die.

Or I'm wrong! Having babies changes people! et-fucking-cetera. I really hope so.

ok done spewing, ima go post on my blog and listen to some evanescence

*I used the expression "having a baby" in reference to a male because, you know, apart from the physical act.

Brentai

• https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DnXYVlPgX_o
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: May 27, 2009, 04:27:04 PM »

Hey, I think I'm going to that woman's funeral this weekend.

All the kids will grow up to be clinically insane convicts with a severe codependence on their mother and no memories of their forcibly absent father, la de da.

Friday

• Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: May 27, 2009, 04:29:59 PM »

I honestly can't tell if you're being sarcastic.

Brentai

• Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: May 27, 2009, 04:32:00 PM »

Well, one of them merely turned out to be a carbon copy of their mother, but otherwise no.

• Magic Gunner Miss Blue
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: May 27, 2009, 04:50:54 PM »

I honestly can't tell if you're being sarcastic.

That's one of Brentai's secret abilities.
Along with being able to turn even the most mundane of responses into incredibly creepy things by nature of his avatar.

Mongrel

• Emoticon Knight-Errant
  • kodePunc Team
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: May 27, 2009, 05:03:15 PM »

So for those of you paying attention to my inane garbage, recently I lost a player in my long (and I mean long, like 3+ years for this for this particular campaign, and 4+ years for the previous) standing campaign because he decided to move to Seattle, lol.

Anyway, yesterday night, one of my other players had a baby*. He's quitting for at least six months, and unsure if he will be able to/want to come back at all, ever.

I am now down to three players within a week. This irritates me, naturally.

Really, though, I'm posting this in SHIT DAYS on behalf of the friend who just witnessed his little girl come into the world. He and his wife are not even remotely ready for a child. Not financially, not mentally, and not emotionally. This day is the start of a lot of SHIT for him. (Even literally, lol!)

This child is going to severely reduce the quality of his life. (I won't say ruin, but.) I cannot imagine trading friends, activities, free time, free money, and sleep for some biological urge to be satisfied.

Fuck, it's not even that. He didn't even want the kid. His wife pressured him into it because she wants pets. Yes, pets. She wants FIVE or MORE kids. I cannot even begin to explain the doormat that my friend is. She completely dominates him in all aspects of his life. She's a incredible idiot feminist, actually believing that males are inferior. She belittles and emasculates my friend nonstop, all the time, every day. She is going to raise her sons and especially her daughters to do the same. They will all grow up thinking their dad is a fucking joke.

I can't even think about this. It makes me furious. Can someone explain why a really smart person with a good soul would subject himself to this kind of woman? Is it because she's the first person he ever had sex with? Is this some kind of self-confidence issue? I'm leaning toward yes, because she's fucking fat and ugly.

The fucked up part that makes me REALLY hate her is she's smart. Like REALLY smart. If she was just another ignorant bitch I would dislike her. But she's intelligent. It's like her one redeeming feature. Only since it's combined with everything else it just makes it worse. Like how intelligent villains are worse than stupid ones.

God.

I feel so sorry for my friend. I really hope I'm wrong and he grows a fucking spine and stands up to her. But people tend to remain the same and change is rare. In twenty years, when his mostly teenage litter of kids won't listen to him because he's been underminded by his wife at every turn their entire lives and therefore has no value, when all his female children are carbon fucking copies of his wife, when his sons have learned to hate themselves for the crime of having a penis, he's going to have a fucking aneurysm and die.

Or I'm wrong! Having babies changes people! et-fucking-cetera. I really hope so.

ok done spewing, ima go post on my blog and listen to some evanescence

*I used the expression "having a baby" in reference to a male because, you know, apart from the physical act.

I hate to say it, but this actually sounds at lot like Koipond's relationship. If he asks I never said this :shifty:

Luckily, he will only ever have one child, and his daughter seems pretty smart, so far.

Büge

• won't give you fleaz
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: May 27, 2009, 05:12:51 PM »

She's not too evil, either. That is, of course, assuming that the little imp giving me the stink-eye at FanExpo was his daughter.

Mongrel

• Emoticon Knight-Errant
  • kodePunc Team
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: May 27, 2009, 05:14:43 PM »

She's not too evil, either. That is, of course, assuming that the little imp giving me the stink-eye at FanExpo was his daughter.

She told me off for teasing people last time I was over at Koipond's place.  :happy:

Büge

• won't give you fleaz
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: May 27, 2009, 05:27:22 PM »

I think it might have been the costume.

James Edward Smith

• CIS male, Albeist Scumbag
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: May 27, 2009, 07:16:00 PM »

Now I know why I'll never be close friends with Friday. I'm not fucking retarded.
Talk? Talk is for lovers, Merlin. I need a sword to be king.

Friday

• Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #330 on: May 27, 2009, 07:45:08 PM »

I swear to god these people are generally pretty cool

that's what makes recent events so upsetting

Brentai

• Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: May 27, 2009, 07:47:02 PM »

Our generation generally has its midlife crisis at 30.

Mongrel

• Emoticon Knight-Errant
  • kodePunc Team
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: May 28, 2009, 02:40:19 AM »

I had mine somwhere betwen 25 and 28, so... yeah?

Büge

• won't give you fleaz
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: May 28, 2009, 05:36:15 AM »

How do you define a midlife crisis, anyway? I think I've been through two or three of them.

Mongrel

• Emoticon Knight-Errant
  • kodePunc Team
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: May 28, 2009, 06:07:24 AM »

Well, if you want to argue that route, I suppose my post-adolescent life has basically been one long midlife crisis.

But hey... whats a little miasmic malaise now and then?

Zaratustra

• what
  • Tested
    • View Profile
    • Zaratustra Productions
« Reply #335 on: May 28, 2009, 06:45:41 AM »

JDigital

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: May 28, 2009, 09:02:37 AM »

Supposedly there's a thing now called a quarter-life crisis. It happens when you're twenty-five, hit college-leaving age and realise that outside of school there's no overarching point to life.

Guild

• High-Bullshit
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: May 28, 2009, 09:04:55 AM »

There's no established overarching point to life. I actually consider that freeing rather than depressing. Maybe I'm strange.

Lady Duke

• Shiny Ranger
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: May 28, 2009, 09:05:34 AM »

Supposedly there's a thing now called a quarter-life crisis. It happens when you're twenty-five, hit college-leaving age and realise that outside of school there's no overarching point to life.

That's sort of how I've started feeling, only I know I want to go back to grad school in a year.  I hope.  :sadpanda:

Zaratustra

• what
  • Tested
    • View Profile
    • Zaratustra Productions
« Reply #339 on: May 28, 2009, 10:16:28 AM »

My theory is that it's derived from family and work not being seen as fulfilling achievements anymore, being replaced by a vague morass of fame/money/luck that is largely unachievable by personal effort.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 ... 173