Brontoforumus Archive

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This board has been fossilized.
You are reading an archive of Brontoforumus, a.k.a. The Worst Forums Ever, from 2008 to early 2014.  Registration and posting (for most members) has been disabled here to discourage spambots from taking over.  Old members can still log in to view boards, PMs, etc.

The new message board is at http://brontoforum.us.

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 ... 173

Author Topic: Shit Days  (Read 215702 times)

Thad

• Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
    • corporate-sellout.com
Re: Shit Days
« Reply #380 on: June 09, 2009, 05:12:42 PM »

Yeah, definitely going to buy some yogurt next time I'm on antibiotics; good call.

JDigital

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: June 09, 2009, 06:00:35 PM »

There are much worse medicines than yogurt.

Mothra

• ┐('~`;)┌ w/e
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: June 09, 2009, 06:05:45 PM »

Yeah, I hear that too. There's "pro-biotic" yogurt you can buy that's supposed to be especially good for it; it's widely available in groceries up here.

That's gotta be a tough sell.

Guild

• High-Bullshit
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: June 09, 2009, 11:21:31 PM »

Other tough sells:

http://www.bodysnake.com/

http://www.uniquedogclothing.com/

http://www.secretfatburner.com/

http://www.infantswim.com/

http://www.alexchiu.com/

http://www.magicjack.com/7/index.asp

http://www.power4free.info/ <- Scroll down and read about how the next time the poles flip polarity it will be Y2K x 9/11. I don't know my hexidecimal well enough to figure out what that is, but I'm guessing it's a high number.

Mongrel

• Emoticon Knight-Errant
  • kodePunc Team
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: June 10, 2009, 03:12:47 AM »

Y2K x 9/11.

I'm pretty sure that 0 x anything is still 0.

Büge

• won't give you fleaz
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: June 10, 2009, 06:09:42 AM »

My girlfriend's in a situation similar to Alex's in that it's causing her a lot of horrible stress: symptoms include sleeping too much and acid reflux. She lives at home with her family (mother, stepfather, five younger siblings) and it's causing her problems. Her relationship with her parents is, well, best described as that of the quintessential 'red-headed stepchild.' She can't really escape either, since her driver's license expired, her truck's broken and she doesn't have a job. Oh yes, and their home is a farm in the heartland of Welland.

I can't rescue her either: No car/driver's license, 16km distance.

I pray she doesn't have a heart attack.

Alex

• the Slug
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: June 10, 2009, 06:23:56 AM »

My sympathies, Buge.  Being in a situation akin to my own is absolutely terrible and I pity anyone who has to suffer in the same way I am.

As for me now, I'm waiting to get cash bux to move back to Wisconsin so I can sit around and hear about all that family gossip about how I'm a bum and mooch off my mom and stay up all night not doing anything like looking for jobs nevermind the fact its the 21st century so online applications exist and are somethings mandatory or that you need money to drive around to places you want to be employed at rest and recover.  Hate to leave Walker here to put up with his dumbtarded sister, but doctor's orders.

Lesser of two evils, I guess.

Beat Bandit

• be entranced by my sexy rhythm
  • High-Bullshit
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: June 10, 2009, 07:38:27 AM »

Well, not that I'm being helpful, Buge, but ten miles is a totally walkable distance, that I've learned from experience, it can be a bitch in bad weather, though. Still, it would probably make her day and score you mega points if you went to visit.

As for myself, yesterday was crap. I started by driving the crappy work van in the worst rain we've had in a really long time, and with the thing's windshield wipers, I couldn't see unless I rolled down the window and stuck my head out between strokes, which got me soaking wet. I was going to pick up parts for a job, and the place didn't have the most important one, which made the whole drive a waste of time. Getting to the job, I was stuck in a very shitty, very hot little section between walls in a house for five hours with insulation rubbing against me and giving me a rash, but that's the job so I can't really complain about it. During that time, though, I was getting yelled at by my boss and a customer who I had given the wrong prices for from a job on Monday. My boss had be write up their ticket and neglected to tell me that since they had a contract, they got a major discount on refrigerant.
After the yelling and hole were done with, it was decided I was giving one of the other guys a ride home, to a town that is an hour out of the way of my own trip home. As we set out to leave, at the last second we're given another job to go to. A really really easy one that was extended due to the fact that the guy I was working with is pretty bad at his job and to the point where he was reading the gauges wrong and trying to stop me from doing the only thing I had to do, which also prevented him from doing his job, which I then took up. After another hour on a half hour job, he gets into a yelling match with the owner of the house and we're stuck there for another half hour.
Finally we escape, and on the way to drop him off the transmission starts to fail on the van, not stopping us completely but adding another hour to the total trip. This is a van that not a week ago had the brakes completely fail on me, and now my boss wants me in it again today before a mechanic looks at it again.

Mongrel

• Emoticon Knight-Errant
  • kodePunc Team
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: June 10, 2009, 08:52:00 AM »

Welland.

Oh lord, that poor girl.

Also:

@Rygaron: Jesus man, try not to die on us, okay?

Doom

• ~run liek a wind~
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: June 10, 2009, 09:23:55 AM »

Büge

• won't give you fleaz
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #390 on: June 10, 2009, 09:55:13 AM »

Oh gosh, I could totally ride my bike there. But she's made it pretty clear that her family hates everyone. A visit would probably be awkward and stressful, at least this early in our relationship. No, what she really needs is to get away from them.

My sympathies, Buge.  Being in a situation akin to my own is absolutely terrible and I pity anyone who has to suffer in the same way I am.

As for me now, I'm waiting to get cash bux to move back to Wisconsin so I can sit around and hear about all that family gossip about how I'm a bum and mooch off my mom and stay up all night not doing anything like looking for jobs nevermind the fact its the 21st century so online applications exist and are somethings mandatory or that you need money to drive around to places you want to be employed at rest and recover.  Hate to leave Walker here to put up with his dumbtarded sister, but doctor's orders.

Wow, that whole struck out bit pretty much describes her situation exactly.

Alex

• the Slug
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: June 10, 2009, 11:10:05 AM »

It sucks ass essentially being stuck between a rock and a hard place.

Brotip to family members: The economy fucking sucks, remember?

I know that even if I GET a job, it would be something like flipping burgers and then they would whine about how I could be doing so much better and blah blah blah.

I just know that's how it's going to work.

Mongrel

• Emoticon Knight-Errant
  • kodePunc Team
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: June 10, 2009, 12:04:57 PM »

Oh gosh, I could totally ride my bike there. But she's made it pretty clear that her family hates everyone. A visit would probably be awkward and stressful, at least this early in our relationship. No, what she really needs is to get away from them.

Wow, that whole struck out bit pretty much describes her situation exactly.

Okay, slight edit:

Orrrrrr... you two could meet halfway, etc. etc.

Granted, this plan may not work as well come November, but that's five months of freedom not otherwise available. Also, what level was her license? Was it full M or was it M1/M2? Because if it was an M, all you need to do to get it renewed is to pay the fee, even if it's expired.

A classy gentleman might pay that fee for his ladyfriend (unless she might think that's rather self-serving of you, but I doubt it if things are that bad for her at home).

Guild

• High-Bullshit
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: June 10, 2009, 12:10:47 PM »

Burger joints in the area won't even hire me right now. I'm hopeful about a Taco Bell job since I've applied there about six times and I'm starting to get the feeling the manager is sick of me bugging him. I'm hoping he'll hire me so he won't have to hear me say, "Hey, got any work yet?" anymore.

In other news, I totally failed my class on purpose. There was no way I was gonna get an A, so I'm just going to retake it since I deserve a fucking A.

Fucking a.

Beat Bandit

• be entranced by my sexy rhythm
  • High-Bullshit
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: June 10, 2009, 03:00:16 PM »

Quote from: Mikey
I got two pegs in the back, and you got two legs under your skirt....

Lady Duke

• Shiny Ranger
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: June 11, 2009, 07:06:46 PM »

We hit a raccoon tonight.  It was more than a little devastating.

:sadpanda: :sadpanda: :sadpanda: :sadpanda: :sadpanda: :sadpanda: :sadpanda: :sadpanda: :sadpanda: :sadpanda: :sadpanda: :sadpanda:

Kazz

• Projekt Direktor
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: June 11, 2009, 07:34:00 PM »

:sadpanda: :sadpanda: :sadpanda: :sadpanda:

Kazz

• Projekt Direktor
  • Admin
  • Tested