Brontoforumus Archive

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This board has been fossilized.
You are reading an archive of Brontoforumus, a.k.a. The Worst Forums Ever, from 2008 to early 2014.  Registration and posting (for most members) has been disabled here to discourage spambots from taking over.  Old members can still log in to view boards, PMs, etc.

The new message board is at http://brontoforum.us.

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Welcome to Hell  (Read 4965 times)

Doom

• ~run liek a wind~
  • Board Moderator
  • Tested
    • View Profile
Welcome to Hell
« on: July 31, 2009, 09:50:57 AM »

Pyoko.

Pyoko never changes.

WELCOME TO THE WORSTLYMPICS

BAND TOGETHER AND FIGHT FOR SURVIVAL!

YOU HAVE UNTIL THE 3RD!

DECLARE INTENTION TO FORM NATIONS WITH YOUR BEST FRIENDS OR THOSE YOU FEAR AND ENVY AS POWERFUL!

Nations should be 2-4 dudes total! Possibilities of change to this will be decided on the 3rd!

Doom

• ~run liek a wind~
  • Board Moderator
  • Tested
    • View Profile
Re: Welcome to Hell
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2009, 10:30:08 AM »

Interest Threads are incredibly important. If an event has too little interest by it's start date, I will shrug my shoulders, loudly say "Less work for me!" to my empty room, and leave it locked.

New Events proposed and a general shaping of the Worstlympics will occur by the 7th.

Doom

• ~run liek a wind~
  • Board Moderator
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2009, 03:57:51 PM »

I recommend banding together in nations, but we probably will hammer out a system for individuals and maybe even bloody mercenaries by the 7th.

Doom

• ~run liek a wind~
  • Board Moderator
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2009, 06:22:19 AM »

Join Nations you lazy bastards. God, so many of you are piping up in multiple events and then going silent in the Nation-building thread. Things are gonna get cuh-razy with so many rogues and mercs.

Frocto May Cry and Magic Draft made official events. Greco-Werewolf also has my blessing and SCD seems to have run with that, go post in that thread if you wanna play.

Opened up interest threads for MAME Arcade Fightin', More Writing Contests, and to organize some web-Diplomacy. Placing the impetus for Diplomacy upon Kazz. Placing the impetus for some debate and agreeing on a game or a topic on all of you: if a bunch of scattered individuals can't agree on what to play or write, it's no skin off my back.

I think Worst Fanart Ever is another valid contest but there should be multiple fields. I'll ruminate on it a bit.

NetHack and WoW Armory are already open and there's nothing to stop you from practicing or even actively writing for several contests that you can already preview. Nobody will care if five fully-written entries for writing contests appear the same day they open. I believe the Flag Contest begins tomorrow and Dorf Fort the day after, then there'll be things steadily unlocking almost every day. Yell at me in PM if I forget, eh?

There also appear to be enough topics to warrant two pages for them all, so depending on your view options, don't forget to check.

Doom

• ~run liek a wind~
  • Board Moderator
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2009, 08:22:38 PM »

Gonna count up the nations we have tomorrow, send PMs to stragglers, declare loners and actually get a working Dorf Fort save.

Doom

• ~run liek a wind~
  • Board Moderator
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2009, 08:32:31 PM »

ps JOIN NATIONS YOU LAZYS

Fortinbras

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2009, 08:33:20 PM »

MAKE ME

literally, it would be great if you could just shove me toward one.

Doom

• ~run liek a wind~
  • Board Moderator
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2009, 06:08:17 AM »

"Finalized" Nations.

Kabbage and Zara please decide the ultimate fate of your two nations and your illicit alliance.

Ok time to browse every fucking interest thread and send PMs to people who can't figure out why those six threads at the top are all bolded.

Doom

• ~run liek a wind~
  • Board Moderator
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2009, 06:17:30 AM »

The Flag Contest has been extended to the 9th.

The "Hey, stupid!" PMs have been sent to nearly ten people, so the nations might flesh out dramatically?!

Dorf Fort extended to eight years.

Super Mario Brothers 3 is currently the go-to for Let's Speed!

The Schedule Thread exists and is better.

Rogues/Mercenaries

Although Metal Slime is the only direct mercenary so far, I consider Rogues and Mercenaries interchangeable and offer them a powerful choice. In other words, the four people identified as loners thus far can do either of the following, but only one per event they enter.

Mercenary Act: Attribute your entry to a single nation, for better or for worse.

Rogue Act: Your entry is the entry to beat. If you are the best Mario Kart player and win the #1 spot, no formal nation gets the gold medal. Proceed to Step 4: gloat heartily.

If you want to join a nation or ask anything about this, do so via PM or openly in the Select Country thread.

If I think you're trying to pull one over, I will penalize you in that contest and then the nation you did it with. Emphasis on think. If it can appear shady, don't do it.

Doom

• ~run liek a wind~
  • Board Moderator
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2009, 06:53:31 AM »

Six Word Fiction contest thread open.

Doom

• ~run liek a wind~
  • Board Moderator
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2009, 06:53:00 AM »

Fiction Contest 1 and Magic Draft open.

Joxam

• The Transformizzle
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
    • Shadowrun
« Reply #11 on: August 05, 2009, 06:21:33 PM »

Can cait or I be the chess tournament boss!?

Doom

• ~run liek a wind~
  • Board Moderator
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 05, 2009, 08:02:02 PM »

You're in charge of Chess.

Here's your sign-up thread.

You have until the 18th.

Doom

• ~run liek a wind~
  • Board Moderator
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 07, 2009, 12:07:23 PM »

Let's Speed will open by the 13th or earlier.

I'll produce them myself by the 13th, but if you wish to produce the saves every contestant will be using and speed up the start date, I need savestates of:

Super Mario Brothers 3 (Prefer Mario All-STars for ZNES uniformity) - Get to the last two stages(the airship finale and the one before) in world 5, 6 or 7. I will do research to see which is the most interesting and decide on one, but anything you produce to help will be useful. Try to arrive without any "God Mode" powers. Super-P, Hammer Bro Suit, a bunch of Stars(maybe one?), and if water challenging the Frog suit.. all denied. I will however accept a Tanuki. If I am forgetting any god mode items, then here is a general disclaimer that use of such as deemed by myself and the judges will incur point penalties.

Super Bomberman 2(SNES) - Get to the stage before the boss fight of each world(any world), so that your save goes: Stage Before Boss, Boss Fight, Giant Robo Boss Fight. Try to arrive with a decent mix of power-ups: decent bomb spread, at least 3 bombs to put down at a time, and either the kick OR the glove. No Timer Bombs. Subject to debate and final decision. I will do research to see which is the most interesting and decide on one, but anything you produce to help will be useful.

Wacky Norondor Game(I dunno) - Norondor or somebody familiar with this must contact me and help produce criteria and savestates similar to the above. Failure to do so means you only get the two choices above.

Super Metroid - Blah Blah Blah Detonator Blah Blah Blah. Open to debate.

Doom

• ~run liek a wind~
  • Board Moderator
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 10, 2009, 09:13:57 AM »

Ok I know some of you like don't read threads, but let me set some standards forward:

That is your problem, not mine.

If you have circumstances or whatever, gimme a PM and maybe my black heart of ice will melt a little.

Otherwise the dates listed are as they are listed within reason of 11:59 PM Eastern Time. If you are a wacky tacky west coaster and you need those extra three hours, I'm willing to listen.

And here's some exciting news anyway!

Thanks to Detonator's sage advice, I'm going to extend midnight deadlines to 9 AM Eastern the next morning! Wow!

The Flag Contest is still final. Kabbage and Guild take a -1 and I'm just going to flat out ignore any other entries.

jsnlxndrlv

• Custom Title
  • Tested
    • View Profile
    • Website title
« Reply #15 on: August 10, 2009, 09:24:59 AM »

It's a thankless job, but necessary for the Olympics to function. This wouldn't be possible without your hard work, Doom. I appreciate it.
Signature:
Signatures are displayed at the bottom of each post or personal message. BBCode and smileys may be used in your signature.

Mongrel

• Emoticon Knight-Errant
  • kodePunc Team
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 10, 2009, 12:06:21 PM »

Does this mean that there will be a new event? 1500m freestyle bitching?

yyler

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 10, 2009, 12:10:40 PM »

I think it is a noble stance, Doom, and it also helps me to continue being the current winner of Worstlympics.

Guild

• High-Bullshit
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 10, 2009, 12:43:27 PM »

Does this mean that there will be a new event? 1500m freestyle bitching?

anyone in the nation of what who complains or otherwise shows signs of caring about this competition will be forced to, uh, do something ask transportation hell if i know or care

Doom

• ~run liek a wind~
  • Board Moderator
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 13, 2009, 09:08:17 AM »

Final Flag Contest scores posted!

Nation Standings updated!

Bonus Content!

Carcassonne and Let's Speed are open! Let's Speed has both default options available!

Judges, please Judge the Fiction Contest no matter how many times you dry-heave!

MS Paint Adventure ends tomorrow at 9 AM Eastern!
Pages: [1] 2