Brontoforumus Archive

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This board has been fossilized.
You are reading an archive of Brontoforumus, a.k.a. The Worst Forums Ever, from 2008 to early 2014.  Registration and posting (for most members) has been disabled here to discourage spambots from taking over.  Old members can still log in to view boards, PMs, etc.

The new message board is at http://brontoforum.us.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Can I key you a question?  (Read 6936 times)

yyler

• Tested
    • View Profile
Re: Can I key you a question?
« Reply #40 on: September 01, 2009, 04:05:49 PM »

This basic lack of regard for the property of others is astounding. Defacing something that is already somewhat rundown doesn't excuse the fact that you did something wrong.

Doom

• ~run liek a wind~
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 01, 2009, 04:05:58 PM »

It must be hard to live for twenty years and not learn how "intention" works.

Catloaf

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 01, 2009, 04:06:08 PM »

Wait, you don't test pens on paper you test it directly on the table?  You, sir, are Satan.

No, I test them on my hands.

EDIT: Fuck this thread is getting too many posts.

This basic lack of regard for the property of others is astounding. Defacing something that is already somewhat rundown doesn't excuse the fact that you did something wrong.

No it's my lack of regard for aesthetics and my habit of forgetting that other people are insane and care more about what color something is than how well it works.

What catloaf is trying to say is, it's ok to do bad things as long as you get away with them.

DID I NOT ADMIT IT WAS AN ASSHOLE THING TO DO!!???  WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE?!!?!  I KNOW IT WASN'T NICE, BUT I DON'T GIVE A FLYING FUCK AND YOU THINK I NEED TO FEEL GUILTY BECAUSE APPARENTLY I'M KIDNAPPING PEOPLE AND FORCING THEM TO BE MY SEXSLAVES IN A TORTURE PIT UNDER MY HOUSE!

THIS IS NOT THE KIND OF THING ONE WOULD GO TO HELL OVER.

Catloaf

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 01, 2009, 04:17:15 PM »

What the fuck!?!?  Kazz nearly steals a pizza and everyone just gives him advice, while I nick less than a square millimeter of paint and I am the biggest asshole who has ever walked the earth.

Doom

• ~run liek a wind~
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 01, 2009, 04:19:57 PM »

When a fool realizes they have made a mistake, what do they do?

They blame others. They blame factors. They want the blame to be anywhere but on them.

When a human realizes they have made a mistake, what do they do?

Kazz stood up and made a funny thread admitting that he'd done a stupid thing and fallen to the level of a bag of shit.

You..

You've just made more excuses. If you've ever thought of yourself as more intelligent and reasonable than the average mass of humanity, you've just proven that wrong several times over.

Admit fault, grow, and move on.

TA

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: September 01, 2009, 04:20:24 PM »

I have not defaced anything.

You defaced three cars.

I have done nothing wrong.

You defaced three cars.

I actually defended someone for keying a car, this spring.  It was a fairly small scratch, limited to one panel, and not very deep.  The victim was willing to drop the charges if she got the $600 that it cost to have that repainted, but we took it to trial, and if I'd lost, my client would have been facing as much as 3 years in jail.  Of course, that was the more severe version of the Malicious Destruction charge, for more than $500 in damage - had it been less, she might have only been facing 60 days.  And fines, of course.

Keying a car is not as trivial as you seem to think it is, and society is kind of predicated on the idea that just because you're a little put out because you ended up parking too close, you don't take matters into your own hands and destroy the property of another.  This should not be hard to understand.
Do you understand how terrifying the words “vibrating strap on” are for an asexual? That’s like saying “the holocaust” to a Jew.

yyler

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 01, 2009, 04:21:21 PM »

I like the implication that only your views matter. You don't care about some paint, so why should anyone else? If they don't care, does keying the car even teach them a lesson, or make them mad? You are fucking retarded. Your judgement and opinion on this is no more valid than the people who now have keyed cars, and I bet none of them feel like you do.

Miss Cat Ears

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 01, 2009, 04:23:59 PM »

I don't even understand how you can make excuses for your behavior.  I didn't get my car scratched and I was still furious enough to insist that my coworker call the police and make a report.  It can be a big deal to people even if it's not to you.

(edit) I didn't mean for that to sound so harsh.  Just sometimes people do shitty things. Admit that it was a shitty thing and move on.

SCD

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 01, 2009, 04:34:20 PM »

There was once a man who keyed my car, an old 626 at the wrong time, IE the time when i was around. 

I pretty much creeped up right behind him, which is something I tend to be half decent at and lectured him.  He tried to run away, to which I replied, 'you can either listen to what I have to say and thus man up to your actions, or you can end up a pancake of cowardice.  There's no one else here.  your choice."

I also had a thing at the time for an adama from battlestar galatica voice when i was pissed off.  for some reason, the quiet chewing out with the reverse shit sandwich technique is really good at making people cry.

Catloaf

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 01, 2009, 04:35:50 PM »

You know what the funny thing is?

Even while I my mind refuses to accept that it's the level of evil you all seem to think it is, I still think it's the worst thing I've done in years.

The only regret I have is telling you people I did it.

And I suppose I just must be as socially retarded as I already knew I was, because I just cannot relate to your anger and disgust over it.

More excuses:  I've had much worse things done to me and my car like someone writing on it with bird shit, or leaving a large amount of candy on the hood of the car in the sun so it melted and adhered to the car for months.  And while I was mildly irritated, I was not even for a moment thinking of seeking legal action.  I just don't give a damn about cars, and cannot understand why anyone would.

Misha

• Pro-Choice
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 01, 2009, 04:38:11 PM »

catloaf for anything someone gives a damn about there are a bunch of people who do not give a damn about it and can't understand why anyone would. This is up to and including your goddamn life. This is why you are supposed to have a bit of consideration for others before taking action that they might not like, instead of just thinking "I wouldn't care about x, so they must not either"

Catloaf

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 01, 2009, 04:39:54 PM »

For most things I truly can relate and undergo that thought process and I assure you I do.  But for certain things it doesn't go off at all in my brain and likely never will.

EDIT: For example I don't think about what other people think about what color ... well, anything is.

Royal☭

• Supreme Court Judge President
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 01, 2009, 04:40:55 PM »

To be honest, keying someone's car is not the most shitheaded thing people do on a daily basis.  And yeah, people who drive and park like assholes are, well, assholes.  The big issue people are having on these forums is that you are acting like you did nothing wrong.  You are spitefully lashing out, trying to justify defacing other people's property.  That's what's getting everyone's goat here.

I just don't give a damn about cars, and cannot understand why anyone would.

This is part of the problem.  Just because you don't care about your car doesn't mean somebody else doesn't care about their car.  A lot of people like to keep their car in tip-top shape, usually because they want the best return they can on it when they trade it in or sell it.  And some people just take pride in keeping their stuff well-kept.  If you want to key the car of someone who doesn't care about their vehicle, you can key your car until you die of delight.  But don't go around being a jackass to someone just because you hate that they double parked.

Catloaf

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 01, 2009, 04:51:31 PM »

You know what?

Fuck it.

I just can't explain myself in a way that doesn't make you all look down on my further.
All continuing this thread will do is make me look like more and more of a jerk while I become more and more sure that you all hate me.  Someone Please Just lock this thread because it's not helping anyone.  I'm too retarded for anything but 'Fuck you, Catloaf.  You're worse than a rapist!' to get through to my mind.

And all I expected in response to my original post was 'meh, so he has another fault.'  Not what I'm getting that sounds like 'You are the worst person to ever live and should die horribly.'

Miss Cat Ears

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 01, 2009, 04:55:12 PM »

Catloaf you are an okay guy. I'm sure we've all done things that would offend you too.

Brentai

• https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DnXYVlPgX_o
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 01, 2009, 04:57:31 PM »

Someone Please Just lock this thread because it's not helping anyone.

Works for me.

Detonator

• You made me come back for THIS?
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 01, 2009, 06:42:36 PM »

Oh no!  Activity on the board!  Better quash it!

I, for one, want to try to help Loaf understand... a pointless endeavor, maybe, but I'm bored.

This is a discussion of principles.  What you did was not bad relative to other things, but your attitude demonstrates the potential to do much worse things.  If you don't understand people getting mad over a car, what other things could you hurt without empathy?  Understand or not, that's what's bugging people here.
"Imagine punching somebody so hard that they turned into a door. Then you found out that's where ALL doors come from, and you got initiated into a murder club that makes doors. The stronger you punch, the better the door. So there are like super strong murderers who punch people into Venetian doors and shit"

Classic

• Happens more often than you'd think.
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 01, 2009, 06:51:55 PM »

If I had to think of something horrible and passive aggressive to do to a car, I'd probably go for urinating on it. Aiming for the creases in the doors so that some of the urine will hopefully get to some of the foam.

T- Loaf
I'm obviously in no position to scold you for not being a super guy, but it might help make it better to believe that no one's really upset at you so much as venting about something you've talked about.

Catloaf

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: September 01, 2009, 07:08:58 PM »

This is a discussion of principles.  What you did was not bad relative to other things, but your attitude demonstrates the potential to do much worse things.  If you don't understand people getting mad over a car, what other things could you hurt without empathy?  Understand or not, that's what's bugging people here.

Please understand that I actually am very empathetic, and yes I realize that this thread suggests otherwise and actions speak louder than words.  It's just the tapestry of my mind has a few holes in it in which a few things just can't be computed.  This is an exceptional situation.  For the most part, I actually spend too much time considering others if anything.  But I can't prove that, and understand fully if you don't believe me.

Kazz

• Projekt Direktor
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: September 01, 2009, 07:09:25 PM »

Given the opportunity, I would do much worse things for much worse reasons.  I refuse to lecture Catloaf.  Key on, brotha!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4