Brontoforumus Archive

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This board has been fossilized.
You are reading an archive of Brontoforumus, a.k.a. The Worst Forums Ever, from 2008 to early 2014.  Registration and posting (for most members) has been disabled here to discourage spambots from taking over.  Old members can still log in to view boards, PMs, etc.

The new message board is at http://brontoforum.us.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6

Author Topic: Dissidia  (Read 6026 times)

McDohl

• Pika-boo
  • Tested
    • View Profile
Re: Dissidia
« Reply #20 on: September 04, 2009, 08:28:39 PM »

I'd be playing it right now if my PSP wasn't a crock of shit and decides to power down randomly while I have it on external power.  Runs like a dream for a few hours on battery, sure, but I can only get a few fights in with the power cord before it shuts off.

PhoenixUltima

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 04, 2009, 09:01:38 PM »

Mine works alright, but it has a tiny little area in the lower-right corner - I want to say about half the size of my pinky nail - that shows up slightly brighter than the rest of the screen. It doesn't really mess with my ability to see what's going on in anyway, it's just annoyingly incongruous.

Oh, did I mention I bought a PSP? Yeah, I really did go out and buy a PSP, Dissidia, Crisis Core, and War of the Lions (and Chains of Olympus too, for the heck of it). I'm currently barreling through Crisis Core, then I'll probably crack open Dissidia.

Also, is it just me or is the PSP's web browser a soggy bag of dicks? It can't even render GameFAQs right, and using it to open a FAQ while I'm playing a console game is about all I'd realistically use it for. F-.
The captain of the gravy train!

jsnlxndrlv

• Custom Title
  • Tested
    • View Profile
    • Website title
« Reply #22 on: September 04, 2009, 09:06:28 PM »

Yeah, don't use the web browser.

My current avenue of exploration is in the creation of a superior ghost for my friend card. I figure actual chances to play this game with my friends will be few and far between, but friend cards allow approximate asynchronous play by enabling ghost matches. I'd really like to know how the game decides what character and "battle style" my ghost will use; it currently lists me as Warrior of Light with (I think) the "Strategic" style. Anybody know what it tracks to change this? GameFAQs doesn't have much to say on the subject.
Signature:
Signatures are displayed at the bottom of each post or personal message. BBCode and smileys may be used in your signature.

Niku

• MEAT
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 04, 2009, 09:36:06 PM »

this game is fucking terrible.
i'm a blog now, blogs are cool: a fantastic machine made of meat

jsnlxndrlv

• Custom Title
  • Tested
    • View Profile
    • Website title
« Reply #24 on: September 06, 2009, 10:57:24 AM »

:eyeroll:

What accessory loadout are you guys using?
Signature:
Signatures are displayed at the bottom of each post or personal message. BBCode and smileys may be used in your signature.

McDohl

• Pika-boo
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 06, 2009, 11:44:10 AM »

I really haven't paid too much attention to the accessories I've been using.  I'm really keen on obtaining Rosetta Stones ad infinitum, because I need to get everyone set up with 10 accessory slots.  For Squall, I think I have a Level = 100 modifier accessory and a pile of Battlegen booster accessories.

Niku

• MEAT
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 06, 2009, 12:06:31 PM »

:eyeroll:

i think everyone with taste on the board knows that this actually means i am correct.

Niku

• MEAT
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 06, 2009, 12:11:16 PM »

you know how some people say that you should just play a fucking guitar instead of playing guitar hero

well the point is i think i am going to go try to punch a bird after jumping out of an airplane brb

Niku

• MEAT
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 06, 2009, 12:16:23 PM »

OH MAN TRUDGING THROUGH 10 SECOND LONG BATTLES OF PALETTE SWAPPED ENEMIES TO GET TO THE ACTUAL FIGHT AT THE END OF THE STUPID STAGE IS GREAT

FINALLY I KNOW WHAT A TREASURE JRPG WOULD BE LIKE

Rosencrantz

• Renegade Game Counselor
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 06, 2009, 12:42:25 PM »

Sorry you don't like it. I don't think it's the second coming or anything, but it's addictive, quick, and (I find it to be) fun.

As for accessories, I usually have Physical Damage +15% and Bravery +20 boosted with stuff like Attacking While in Midair (because that happens way more often than Attacking On The Ground) and the one that gives you a boost to your bravery attacks.

jsnlxndrlv

• Custom Title
  • Tested
    • View Profile
    • Website title
« Reply #30 on: September 07, 2009, 11:14:24 AM »

OH MAN TRUDGING THROUGH 10 SECOND LONG BATTLES OF PALETTE SWAPPED ENEMIES TO GET TO THE ACTUAL FIGHT AT THE END OF THE STUPID STAGE IS GREAT

FINALLY I KNOW WHAT A TREASURE JRPG WOULD BE LIKE

So, basically, it's any fighting game's story mode. You know there's Quick Battle, right?
Signature:

Rosencrantz

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 07, 2009, 11:36:24 AM »

I'm really surprised there aren't more in-depth FAQs for this game yet. There are about ten billion items in the game that can be traded for rare equipment, which is necessary because the equipment in the normal inventory only go up to about level 70 or so. So far, however, the only way to get some of these drops is to beat enemies at levels 100-120, but I need the stronger equipment to do that, and so on and so on...

Niku

• MEAT
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 07, 2009, 11:40:51 AM »

So, basically, it's any fighting game's story mode. You know there's Quick Battle, right?

bzzzzzzt, it's actually more like final fight if you had to go through six menus and two loading screens every time you two-punched a mook

also if story mode isn't the point of playing an essentially single player fighting game (given the inability to wifi it up) then why the fuck am i playing it at all.

Niku

• MEAT
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 07, 2009, 11:41:29 AM »

TRICK QUESTION, I'M NOT

Alex

• the Slug
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 07, 2009, 12:58:42 PM »

Abridged version: "I do not like this game therefore no one else should either."

Niku

• MEAT
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 07, 2009, 01:00:47 PM »

Abridged version: This is a very bad game.  I do not begrudge anyone for enjoying it, but it is a very bad game.  THANKS FOR PLAYERS

jsnlxndrlv

• Custom Title
  • Tested
    • View Profile
    • Website title
« Reply #36 on: September 07, 2009, 02:38:44 PM »

Abridged version: This is a very bad game.  I do not begrudge anyone for enjoying it, but it is a very bad game.  THANKS FOR PLAYERS

Uh, it's got Final Fantasy right there in the name. I don't think you're educating anyone here of a startling new development.
Signature:

jsnlxndrlv

• Custom Title
  • Tested
    • View Profile
    • Website title
« Reply #37 on: September 10, 2009, 03:12:29 PM »

Wow, I actually lost to Chaos once on the Falcon track. I guess when he's Level 60, you can't just spam square and expect it to work.
Signature:

Rosencrantz

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 10, 2009, 03:58:02 PM »

Wow, I actually lost to Chaos once on the Falcon track. I guess when he's Level 60, you can't just spam square and expect it to work.

Isn't he like level 54 when you fight him in story mode? In any case, I'm not looking forward to fighting him at level 90 or (shudder) 120.

jsnlxndrlv

• Custom Title
  • Tested
    • View Profile
    • Website title
« Reply #39 on: September 10, 2009, 06:52:22 PM »

No kidding.

My current stumbling block is in getting AP to master enough abilities. Using Extra Abilities like Riposte and Sneak Attack are where it's at, but not so much if you can't afford to equip 'em without crippling your defenses. I finally managed to get ahold of three articles of Diamond equipment, though, so I should be well on my way to total ability mastery.
Signature:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6