Brontoforumus Archive

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This board has been fossilized.
You are reading an archive of Brontoforumus, a.k.a. The Worst Forums Ever, from 2008 to early 2014.  Registration and posting (for most members) has been disabled here to discourage spambots from taking over.  Old members can still log in to view boards, PMs, etc.

The new message board is at http://brontoforum.us.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]

Author Topic: DF Succession: Welcome to Lancerblameless  (Read 5723 times)

Esperath

• chesse nab
  • Tested
    • View Profile
Re: DF Succession: Welcome to Lancerblameless
« Reply #80 on: October 30, 2009, 01:31:58 PM »

Yeah, the general rule of thumb is that if you are channeling something, put the goddamn levers at a level that the fluid can't reach.  :nyoro~n:

jsnlxndrlv

• Custom Title
  • Tested
    • View Profile
    • Website title
« Reply #81 on: October 30, 2009, 02:23:44 PM »

:justasplanned:

I'm a firm believer that each player's modus operandi should contribute to the next player's inexplicable challenges to overcome.
Signature:
Signatures are displayed at the bottom of each post or personal message. BBCode and smileys may be used in your signature.

Doom

• ~run liek a wind~
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: November 03, 2009, 08:01:36 AM »

It is as I feared. The flooding of the residential district will jump right up the stairwell and into the heart of the fortress. Time for decisive action.

Doors. See those four black doors? Don't unforbid them or any of the shit behind them or dig near it or whatever.

It fills to 7/7 but is stopped. Thank Armok.

An ambitious draining dig begins next to the water-logged regions.

But the reservoir is filling fast and I can't risk another middle-of-the-fort flood scenario, especially from the top down. I work to plug gaps and remove stairs to access the mad-man's screw pump operators.

One perpetual idler? No Job? NEWBIE? Yes.. Armok has smiled upon me. So desperate is the fiend to coddle his wretched devices that he only allows himself to do the necessary deconstruction work, trapping himself atop his mad reservoir tower. This final act successfully and safely caps the reservoir in case it fills and floods and condemns the fiend to his final moments. The stone itself has willed Justice this day. Even if the structure is made of inferior wood.

We have a legendary gem guy now.

I just wanted to chime in that if you can see the yellow >, that's the stairwell in case something falls into the ditch around the fort.

The reservoir seems to have stopped at the same water level as the actual river.

I have not relented in my judgement of Newbie. He will not be given the chance to subject us to another psychotic monument to drowning.

There could not be a more perfect stroke of poetic justice.

Doom

• ~run liek a wind~
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: November 03, 2009, 08:07:35 AM »

The greatest disasters of my rule are over. Until the next ones, at least. Newbie is dead and left to rot, his dire engineering his fitting tomb. I've decided to begin covering up the all of the smaller little vulnerabilities of the fort. Replacement office space is drafted for our impatient nobles.

I built a bridge to insure that we do not disturb the local carp in blocking off another one of the river accesses that was seen flooding. The capping is easily and successfully done despite the presence of several terrifying groundhogs.

Although remorseless killers, the carp seem to be content to ignore the fort. Perhaps they know I'm in it.

Drew up a lever for the side-bridge in the prior shot, if for some reason you want to raise it.

Oh my, this looks like a job f...

fffffffffff

It costs us two champions, and a Traitor Swordsdwarf actually managed to sneak into the fort itself during the brawl and eviscerate some poor sod trying to fish the in-door pond. And a few donkeys. But we've repelled a double ambush's worth of about ten goblins and traitors.

Got a second bridge and some ornamental balistas up. Doubled up the walls around the front chasm. There are levers to raise the bridges right under their respective balistas. I had to remake that second bridge about five fucking times because I kept forgetting to designate which way it should rise.

SPRING! I believe I'll retire to my barracks and begin training in earnest. The air of the new year feels crisp in my lungs.

Doom

• ~run liek a wind~
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: November 03, 2009, 08:14:59 AM »

Year 3 of Lancerblameless. Current/Region1 Save Files.

Copy these to your data/save folder. Back-up pre-existing Current and Region 1 folders. Contact me if stuff borks.

Norondor's next.

Recommendations:

1) I did not finish digging the drainage ditch or even test it. Just follow the stairs down and you can check it out. Of course, Rivers are limitless, so you'll have to engineer a way to block it off before you can use the ditch to drain the flooded residential quarters. It was mostly an excuse for some exploratory digging.

2) Buff up the army. After a few casualties, you have 9 Legendary Champions/Elite Wrestlers. They could use weapons and armor and shields.

And by Armok, we could use some crossbowmen. There's about 1500+ bolts stockpiled and a guy perpetually making them on the surface level of the fort. I didn't get a targeting range up, though.

Drafting the next migrant wave would be ideal. I didn't get one in Autumn-Winter so I wager you'll get 10-20 dudes in your year.

3) Better quality of life. I tried to slip in and pamper the nobles but I'm sure everyone in the fort is still a little pissed about the flood. Bigger/fancier dining room, smoothing down the entire fort, bigger rooms or cabinets in their rooms, etc. We definitely need somebody to produce a heroic set of tombs. I made you some coffins, at least.

4) Actually build the damn fort. Fortifications. Walkways for our crossbowmen. A second floor. Towers. The fort currently has a little ditch around it, two bridges, and a wall. I also leashed some animals outside the chasm to try and tip you off to ambushes earlier.

5) Begin advanced crafting. I kept things simple and touched up the fort and made it much more safer than I found it. I didn't touch the magma forges or anything. I mostly just did simple chores to smooth things up for the next in line. I traded amiably with dwarves, stole food and anvils from the Humans and Elves, gathered some sand, mass-produced beds/doors/bins/bolts/crossbows, and spent some time making bridges, the start of a road, and paving the ground level.

If you know enough to turn the magma forges into a steady source of armor, get to it.

6) Decode Newbie's madness. I have no idea what the reservoir does and you'll have to somehow renew access to it(punch a hole in the floor at the top and build stairs? Come in from a side wall? Who knows.) It's mostly filled with water, at least!

7) Renew finer food production. I'm sure with all the caged animals we got from tall jerk tribute, you could butcher up a storm. The stills have been dry for a year. Our farms are steady, but have room to expand.

8) Adjust labor. I had a lot of mason work to do, so if I caught some "single-task" jackass without a job, I toggled his Masonry and Hauling duties on. Go wild redefining your workforce.

Doom

• ~run liek a wind~
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: November 04, 2009, 10:06:16 AM »

Bump for updated the .rar to hold the entire Dwarf Fort folder.

Doom

• ~run liek a wind~
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: November 06, 2009, 05:30:19 PM »

Should we just pass it to Zara?

Norondor

• Where I'm at is: Fuck you, get shot
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: November 07, 2009, 12:29:12 AM »

i spent a couple days away from the internet to look for a job. when i came back today, i found out that someone offered me a job after seeing my resume on monster.com.

:nyoro~n:

I'll grab the files and work on them starting tomorrow.

Doom

• ~run liek a wind~
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: November 07, 2009, 12:33:53 AM »

hoo-ray

Esperath

• chesse nab
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: November 13, 2009, 09:43:37 AM »

T NYORO~NDOR HURRY UP PLZ

Esperath

• chesse nab
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: November 14, 2009, 01:14:18 PM »

dong, Zara's up to bat

Doom

• ~run liek a wind~
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: November 14, 2009, 03:49:06 PM »

Yeah, go for it Zara.

Zaratustra

• what
  • Tested
    • View Profile
    • Zaratustra Productions
« Reply #92 on: November 16, 2009, 01:47:05 PM »

yeah ok

Doom

• ~run liek a wind~
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: November 24, 2009, 05:03:52 PM »

Hey Smiler if you want to sneak in and do it go for it.

Otherwise I guess in December you're up, Esperath.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]