Brontoforumus Archive

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This board has been fossilized.
You are reading an archive of Brontoforumus, a.k.a. The Worst Forums Ever, from 2008 to early 2014.  Registration and posting (for most members) has been disabled here to discourage spambots from taking over.  Old members can still log in to view boards, PMs, etc.

The new message board is at http://brontoforum.us.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: TOP FIVE VIDYA  (Read 5141 times)

Alex

• the Slug
  • Tested
    • View Profile
Re: TOP FIVE VIDYA
« Reply #60 on: February 08, 2010, 11:30:44 PM »

Super/Fusion/Zero Mission are the only Metroid games I like.  I'm indifferent to Metroid 1 and 2 and think very little of any of the Prime games.

Detonator

• You made me come back for THIS?
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: February 09, 2010, 04:48:36 AM »

Super/Fusion/Zero Mission are the only Metroid games I like.  I'm indifferent to Metroid 1 and 2 and think very little of any of the Prime games.

So you think you won't like Other M?  That's all I'm asking.
"Imagine punching somebody so hard that they turned into a door. Then you found out that's where ALL doors come from, and you got initiated into a murder club that makes doors. The stronger you punch, the better the door. So there are like super strong murderers who punch people into Venetian doors and shit"

Walker

• Tested
    • View Profile
    • Crowded Street Advanced, Inc. - Updated Once Every Black President
« Reply #62 on: February 09, 2010, 06:26:18 AM »

Actually, it's still a bad reason, even if it's mitigated by better reasons that you did not provide.

I just happened to think it was an incredibly fun game, barring a few niggling issues with the control scheme (which were all but eliminated with the MP Trilogy version).  I still replay it from time to time and sequence break as much as I can just for the hell of it.

JDigital

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: February 09, 2010, 10:02:41 AM »

Worms, the original Amiga version. Rated by some the best Amiga game of all time. Also by extension Worms: The Director's Cut, an enhanced Amiga-only release that added a load of improvements and new weapons (Grenade Launcher, Nuke, Postal Strike, Sheep-On-A-Rope, Super Sheep, Concrete Donkey, etc). Worms gives you a great deal of control over the game environment with what we'd now recognise as geomod technology. The game rewards player skill over strategy. The countdown timers improve the game over its predecessor Scorched Tanks, which was very slow and determined and didn't give you much movement. Worms manages to capture much of the irreverent humour of Cannon Fodder, inspired by modern British perspectives on the ridiculous nature of World War 1 trench warfare via war poets whose works were influential in humanizing and de-romanticizing the awful nature of war.

UFO: Enemy Unknown (X-Com: UFO Defense). It's excellent for its gameplay, atmosphere and management simulation. I love how you start out with modern-day technology and must improve by researching new technology and reverse-engineering captured alien tech; that doesn't really happen in the later games and that gives them less of a satisfying grounding in the real world.

Super Metroid. I played this game maybe ten years after its original release and it was still excellent. The progressively improved ability Samus has to traverse her environment is superb. The game's atmosphere is excellent: solitary but not lonely, intriguing but dangerous.

Pokemon Red/Blue. I love this game so much. Even with the new games, the original has a simple and pleasant nature.

Sneech, essentially Nokia Snake deathmatch. An Amiga freeware game, where players control differently coloured dot snakes in an arena and win by boxing opponents in Tron-style. Powerups and obstacles appear at random to keep things interesting. Very well-polished and surprisingly tactical.

Edit: fuck I forgot Master of Orion II. Ikaruga. The Touhou shooters FFFFFFFFF

Alex

• the Slug
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: February 09, 2010, 02:50:15 PM »

So you think you won't like Other M?  That's all I'm asking.

As long as Team Ninja doesn't make it like Ninja Gaiden and filled with nothing but cheap difficulty, I'll probably like it.

Time will tell!

Mothra

• ┐('~`;)┌ w/e
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: February 09, 2010, 03:02:07 PM »

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]