Brontoforumus Archive

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This board has been fossilized.
You are reading an archive of Brontoforumus, a.k.a. The Worst Forums Ever, from 2008 to early 2014.  Registration and posting (for most members) has been disabled here to discourage spambots from taking over.  Old members can still log in to view boards, PMs, etc.

The new message board is at http://brontoforum.us.

Author Topic: Transformice  (Read 3449 times)

Beat Bandit

• be entranced by my sexy rhythm
  • High-Bullshit
  • Tested
    • View Profile
Transformice
« on: June 23, 2010, 09:06:10 AM »

Okay, we've been talking about it in Freeloader for a while now. I love this game, it's amazing.

First off, click here to play

Once the sacrifices have been made and the server lets you connect, type /friend and these names:

Beatbandit
Smilering
Joxam
Malikial
Royalconst
Drethelin
Kayinn
Zarawesome
Zeromatic
Nikumatic

(You can't friend offline people)

Type /room 59 where I'll probably be.

Okay, now some stuff about the game.

As a mouse:
-  There's idle death. Move a little bit at the start of every map.

- Cheese / exit are the only two things you should go towards. There's no reason to move forward if you can't currently make it to either of those without the shaman. It'll get you killed.

- Double jumping can be done by running off the side of a platform and, mid-fall, jumping out of it. Some stages require this to beat them without a shaman.

- Wall jumping can be done, apparently, but pressing away from the wall, against the wall, then up. This will help you get the cheese either first or without the shaman, but is never needed. Kayin is really good at it and no one else.

As a shaman:
- You can only build in a small range around you, except for "spirit" which works anywhere on the map.

- Anchoring is important, it's the main thing you need and new shamans can't do.
  - B button after selecting an item puts a red dot in the middle. This will anchor the plank (only works on planks) by that point only, allowing it to spin still, but not move.
  - C button puts a yellow dot on something. On a plank you can hit C up to three times to change the position of the dot. The yellow dot will connect to other items at that point. Items connected with this don't spin on their own, but provide no actual support, so a B anchored plank is required.
  - N Makes puts a blue dot on the item. The item then starts to spin. Two blue dot planks on each other will push down causing an elevatoresque lift. Generally this is just used to attach anvils to more anvils and make a ragebeast, though.
  - V does something? I've yet to use it, but the help page says it does.

- Things not listed on the help page;
  - Hitting space make an object "invisible". When invisible only other objects interact with that object, not mice / shaman. Only hit space after putting an anchor on the item or adding the anchor may make it physical again.
  - X rotates the item you're about to build. Z probably does in the other direction, haven't tried yet.

- Go to a high enough room that no one will be in and you'll always spawn as a shaman so you can practice anything freely.

I think that sums it up, I'm probably leaving something out. Anyway, play this, post your name for it here, share war stories.

Ziiro

• Inquiry?
  • Tested
    • View Profile
Re: Transformice
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2010, 09:09:39 AM »

Zeromatic

At one point I was on a level where you use the floating platform to move around. One guy grabbed it for the first run, and on his way back I jumped on and pushed the other way. He jumped and fell and died. I grabbed the cheese, and almost made it back - only to be counter-trolled by the shaman with a bowling ball.
:rage:

Smiler

• HOM NOM NOM NOM
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2010, 09:35:46 AM »

I forgot what map we were on, but I was Shaman, and everything was going fine until I put a plank in vertically in front of a platform. Right after it materialized, Rygaron yelled at me.  :nyoro~n:

Beat Bandit

• High-Bullshit
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2010, 09:38:28 AM »

The one with the fake floor you need to double jump. You trapped me IN THE HOLE.

edit: Ziiro it said your name doesn't exist.

Kayin

• Akzidenz Grotesk
  • Tested
    • View Profile
    • I Wanna Be The Guy
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2010, 10:54:36 AM »

I think I got wall jumping down in an explainable sense. So when you run and grind against a wall, you enter a running animation. Once that animation goes on, you got your jump back. So then you pull away from the wall and jump. You wanna pull away enough so when when you hit the wall, you start running against. This doesn't take a lot of time, but it's optimally a hair longer than a tap. Then jump (helps you change direction too!) and go back agaisnt the wall. Grind until you see the walk animation (which should happen quick if you went out far enough) and repeat.

Catloaf

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2010, 11:32:17 AM »

Why does the site's server hate me?

Ziiro

• Inquiry?
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2010, 11:57:04 AM »

I apologize for trolling the game I was in right before leaving.

My boss just walked into the office then and I panicked and tried to get it done, and failed hilariously.

Beat Bandit

• High-Bullshit
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2010, 07:09:03 PM »

Right now, who is down?

Beat Bandit

• High-Bullshit
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2010, 04:45:33 PM »

Okay, I plan on playing again tonight and forever. However lately I've been going to the second English server, and friend's lists don't cross server, only tell you who's on on yours.

Also: they added crouches, which I haven't been able to experiment with but I think can be used for "pro moves". They cut jump animation time and can push you back into walking.

Kazz

• Projekt Direktor
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2010, 08:45:28 PM »

i'm playing but i don't get it at all

Kayin

• Akzidenz Grotesk
  • Tested
    • View Profile
    • I Wanna Be The Guy
« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2010, 11:11:24 PM »

I can't believe people whine when hilarious things happen just because they're dead. Or complain when they lose a shaman fight. Okay wait I can believe me, but it still disappoints me.

Beat Bandit

• High-Bullshit
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2010, 11:54:06 PM »

Finally got banned tonight. Fortunately there's now two English servers and bans don't carry.

Anyway, Kazz I love you, message me in IRC or join Joxam's vent if you know it some night. I usually hang out there when I play.

Kazz

• Projekt Direktor
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 29, 2010, 04:02:53 AM »

Catloaf

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 29, 2010, 06:38:41 AM »

PhoenixUltima

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 30, 2010, 07:45:02 PM »

My initial impression is that this game is hilarious, but would be more fun if it stayed up for more than 5 minutes at a time.

EDIT: Having played for a more substantial amount of time, my opinion is that this game is an asshole in the most hilarious way possible.
The captain of the gravy train!

Beat Bandit

• High-Bullshit
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 04, 2010, 08:29:35 AM »

So, after a week off I come back and see, among other things, that they added portals.

Don't know if want.