Brontoforumus Archive

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This board has been fossilized.
You are reading an archive of Brontoforumus, a.k.a. The Worst Forums Ever, from 2008 to early 2014.  Registration and posting (for most members) has been disabled here to discourage spambots from taking over.  Old members can still log in to view boards, PMs, etc.

The new message board is at http://brontoforum.us.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 ... 45

Author Topic: News from the North  (Read 59694 times)

Mongrel

• Emoticon Knight-Errant
  • kodePunc Team
  • Tested
    • View Profile
Re: News from the North
« Reply #80 on: October 16, 2008, 05:40:50 PM »

Wacko local is blowing up pipelines in Northern BC.

The best part is that he's mad about the awful gas and its lethal toxic fumes... so he blows up piplines and... releases the gas.

:fuckoff:

SCD

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: October 16, 2008, 08:18:07 PM »

I have a feeling that this one is going to be settled either quietly, or quietly at a bar, or should he be successful, really quietly...

François

• Huh.
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: November 06, 2008, 06:17:37 AM »

Soooo. Provincial elections in Québec.

:MENDOZAAAAA:

I'm going to vote against Charest so hard he's going to die. The gesture of my pen marking the PQ circle is going to be the gesture that stabs his heart. They will have to autopsy him. And then bury him. Because he's going to be dead. Cause of death: Remote Vote Rage Syndrome. Big X marks his grave.

What an IDIOT. What a TOOL. Fuck! He just saw Harper get whupped in the very same type of election started for the very same reasons in the very same country in the very same year. Less than a month ago in fact. Is he insane?

:fukit: :fukit: :fukit:

Royal☭

• Supreme Court Judge President
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: November 06, 2008, 07:06:41 AM »

You Canadians sure do love gutting your government every few months, don't ya?

Thad

• Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
    • corporate-sellout.com
« Reply #84 on: November 06, 2008, 08:23:14 AM »

...I kind of envy them.

Mongrel

• Emoticon Knight-Errant
  • kodePunc Team
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: November 06, 2008, 10:13:49 AM »

Soooo. Provincial elections in Québec.

:MENDOZAAAAA:

I'm going to vote against Charest so hard he's going to die. The gesture of my pen marking the PQ circle is going to be the gesture that stabs his heart. They will have to autopsy him. And then bury him. Because he's going to be dead. Cause of death: Remote Vote Rage Syndrome. Big X marks his grave.

What an IDIOT. What a TOOL. Fuck! He just saw Harper get whupped in the very same type of election started for the very same reasons in the very same country in the very same year. Less than a month ago in fact. Is he insane?

:fukit: :fukit: :fukit:

Wouldn't you have just voted PQ (or maybe ADQ - everyone's favourite evasives) anyway? :whoops:

I know Charest has learned the traditional Bourassa-like Quebec Liberal modus operandi, but still.

P.S. I also think he was retarded for calling it now. Harper has exacted revenge on Charest for his lack of support in the federal election, by throwing Quebec under the equalization bus. You can be DAMN SURE Mario or Pauline will raise THAT little gem.

Mongrel

• Emoticon Knight-Errant
  • kodePunc Team
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: November 06, 2008, 10:18:02 AM »

...I kind of envy them.

In the history of Canada, no Canadian politician has ever won office. Canadian Politicians can only lose office.

We even manage this when there are no incumbents!

SCD

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: November 06, 2008, 10:29:44 AM »

So interesting times on the westcoast.

Right now, the provincial government is being, well, odd. 

We have a Liberal Majority that plays more like a socialy liberal, fiscally conservative party with an emphasis on steamrolling through as many treaties and getting 2010 over with.  The guy in charge isn't too popular because due to the fact that BC was on the edge of total fuck when he took  over office, we were running way over budget so he cut cut cut..

Now he's gone and cancelled the fall session of Legislature only because he has no intention of passing any laws, and hopes this will keep the opposition, the NDP, down for a spell or two before the provincial election next May. 

I'd call this undemocratic, like anyone else does, but nothing really gets done in legislature, safe passing budgets, treaties and whatnought.  That and the Liberals are going as far as quite litteraly asking our opinions through voluntary online/mailing/go to the MLA's office and drop your throughts-style poll on the next budget.  He's been doing this with that, healthcare, and well - just about everything.

I'm torn right now, only because the NDP really messed up BC in the 90's and we are still paying for it, and the green party seems quite ineffective.

François

• Huh.
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: November 06, 2008, 10:56:24 AM »

Wouldn't you have just voted PQ (or maybe ADQ - everyone's favourite evasives) anyway? :whoops:

Elections are expensive, and when we get one we should hope it lasts more than two years. Sure I would have voted PQ anyway if more time had passed, but I would have voted with much less murderous wrath.

Mongrel

• Emoticon Knight-Errant
  • kodePunc Team
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: November 06, 2008, 11:06:39 AM »

Oh admit it. You just have the hots for Lise Beaudoin. :suave:

François

• Huh.
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: November 06, 2008, 11:33:11 AM »

*sigh*

Mongrel

• Emoticon Knight-Errant
  • kodePunc Team
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: November 06, 2008, 11:51:56 AM »

can't stop laughing

send halp

Arc

• Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: November 06, 2008, 03:57:14 PM »

That and the Liberals are going as far as quite litterally asking our opinions through voluntary online/mailing/go to the MLA's office and drop your throughts-style poll on the next budget.

Link? Scan? I'm sure we can all come up with some sound ideas around here.

:justasplanned:

LaserBeing

• invisible murder cube
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: November 06, 2008, 04:33:55 PM »

You can be DAMN SURE Mario or Pauline will raise THAT little gem.

SCD

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: November 09, 2008, 04:09:41 PM »

That and the Liberals are going as far as quite litterally asking our opinions through voluntary online/mailing/go to the MLA's office and drop your throughts-style poll on the next budget.

Link? Scan? I'm sure we can all come up with some sound ideas around here.

:justasplanned:

It's too late 

https://www.leg.bc.ca/budgetconsultations/index.htm

But I threw in my two cents. 

Vancouver island needs more Tourist Catapults.  I figure due to the latest round of new years budget cuts, we can just huck a tourist down the straight of juan de fuca towards Washington State and see if your Anti-air defense kicks in.  ::D:

Mongrel

• Emoticon Knight-Errant
  • kodePunc Team
  • Tested
    • View Profile

Büge

• won't give you fleaz
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: November 14, 2008, 08:08:10 AM »

http://toronto.ctv.ca/servlet/an/local/CTVNews/20081113/Crisp_parents_081113/20081113/?hub=TorontoNewHome

This is what I get for not watching the news. I could have posted the story about some kid who ran away from home because his parents wouldn't let him play Call of Duty and they've found his carcass already.

This could have also fit into the WTF? or Games News Dump thread.

Zaratustra

• what
  • Tested
    • View Profile
    • Zaratustra Productions
« Reply #97 on: November 14, 2008, 09:43:46 AM »

I think the lesson we can learn from this is 'learn to climb trees properly'.

Mongrel

• Emoticon Knight-Errant
  • kodePunc Team
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: November 14, 2008, 01:18:21 PM »

Yeah, that story was broached elsewhere on the boards... but I can't remember what thread.

When I saw how it ended, I didn't exactly feel the need to rush in and post the rather dismal news.

James Edward Smith

• CIS male, Albeist Scumbag
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: November 14, 2008, 01:32:32 PM »

I love this story because the media has been reporting the hell out of it and trying to set the tone like a sob story. We should all feel so awful about how this POOR kid, ran away from home and his mother doesn't know where to find him. Now he's dead and it's a tragedy.

My mother was always telling me about this story whenever I've gotten home from school or work this past week. She's always had this grim, sympathetic mother's look on her face each time. But every time she's told me, I just laugh. Now that he's actually gone and killed himself by falling out of a tree, it just makes me laugh even more.

Now, I don't want to seem callous. I mean, our information about what the hell actually happened to this kid is really vague. In fact it's the sort of classic super media vague where the story seems crafted to me and disingenuous. The media doesn't have all the answers, but why do they need them, this kid went rotten due to those damn awful video games that are also making our kids fat! Bottom line is, I don't have all the answers or any right to pass judgment on any of this, but from what the media has told us, this kid was an asshole and a retard.

He got into an argument with his parents over wanting to play Call of Duty 4 too much, they finally tried to lay down the law, so he ran away from home like a retard and then as the icing on the cake, he falls out of a tree and dies. I would never say this to his mother or his friends or whatever, but this kid was an idiot. The CBC can show press conferences with his inept parents all the want, but in my mind, there's probably a lot of other people on this planet who died last week who will never be on the news and who deserved a lot more mourning than this disobedient kid did.
Talk? Talk is for lovers, Merlin. I need a sword to be king.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 ... 45