Brontoforumus Archive

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This board has been fossilized.
You are reading an archive of Brontoforumus, a.k.a. The Worst Forums Ever, from 2008 to early 2014.  Registration and posting (for most members) has been disabled here to discourage spambots from taking over.  Old members can still log in to view boards, PMs, etc.

The new message board is at http://brontoforum.us.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: <3  (Read 5413 times)

Mongrel

• Emoticon Knight-Errant
  • kodePunc Team
  • Tested
    • View Profile
Re: <3
« Reply #40 on: March 18, 2011, 06:58:19 PM »

I don't have any strong feeling about that either way. His pay wall is too dense.

jsnlxndrlv

• Custom Title
  • Tested
    • View Profile
    • Website title
« Reply #41 on: March 18, 2011, 07:29:34 PM »

Guild, your postings in this thread make me feel like I'm trying to see what's going on in this room by looking through a pinhole, and the people are speaking a foreign language.

Then don't read it.

Then you should learn or invent a language that I don't understand and insist in posting in that from now on.

There. Now we've both made statements about our feelings that the other person is powerless to affect, and we've both given the other person advice that is pointless and dismissive. I feel like we've had a good exchange.

Like, in the full context of a healthy relationship, yes, there's room for you to acknowledge that you wouldn't have tolerated certain behaviors from somebody else. However, in the abstract, that phrase presented to somebody who's transgressed but before they've apologized for the transgression strikes me as a large commitment of emotional capital toward the goal of extracting concessions, which is edging into into territory that may belong to the sovereign state of Manipulative Maneuvers, though it also may not. Either way, the size of the commitment concerns me as well.

What commitment? She's still halfway in another relationship. I told her about my past relationships and we're separately ... ruminating on how things are going. I remember once when she was talking on the phone to her ex, he said words to the effect of, if you don't do this, i'll hang up and i remember thinking how immature it is to manipulate others with words like that, so i decided to draw that picture to illustrate the difference between my approach (few chances) and her ex's (drama to keep her interested). i didn't show her the picture, it was just my own anger over ... situations I suppose.

I was referring to your commitment of emotional capital when you said you were very disappointed, et cetera. I consider it a commitment because it's not something you can take back; like it or not, your history of interactions with this girl are indelibly connected to the idea that this issue (whatever it originally was) is very important to you. That's neither good nor bad, inherently! The reason I worry is that you guys aren't even in the relationship, yet, and you're already setting up a "Warning: Emotional Mine Buried Here" sign, and every time I've had a relationship that started that way, the results were catastrophic. However: correlation doesn't imply causation! You guys could wind up being fine. I hope so. When I was on a path that looked similar, though, I didn't like where I wound up, and I hope you don't encounter the same pitfalls I did.

Uh... yeah i'll just not tell you guys anything else then. My art is already pretty destructive. It keeps me balanced. I did draw her picture with a red marker :) god she's so smart and hot

I guess I should add: I was in no way commenting on the picture, because (again)
I didn't see the picture.

any time a group with limited information jumps to a conclusion there is almost always regret

Please don't invite us to play poker and then bitch about the kinds of people who enjoy poker.

I do want to mention, despite my tone in this and other threads, I'll always love you, Guild. Even if you are a fucking weretiger.
Signature:
Signatures are displayed at the bottom of each post or personal message. BBCode and smileys may be used in your signature.

Classic

• Happens more often than you'd think.
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 18, 2011, 07:55:25 PM »

It's always Niku who's the weretiger.

Büge

• won't give you fleaz
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 18, 2011, 08:10:11 PM »

So is Guild now Charlie Sheen without the drugs?

Lottel

• You know that's right
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 18, 2011, 08:12:25 PM »

What makes you sure Guild isn't on drugs?

Beat Bandit

• be entranced by my sexy rhythm
  • High-Bullshit
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: March 18, 2011, 08:28:26 PM »

What makes you think for a second Guild isn't on drugs?

the asshole you hate

• Marketing and
  • High-Bullshit
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 18, 2011, 08:50:15 PM »

12 Hours of Vacuum Cleaner Sounds - All New Vroominess Brrrchhhhnus Maximus

here watch this it's probably romantic for all i apparently know

Joxam, hug for you.

It was a fun visit. I hope someday someone figures out what I was saying in this post. Bye!

TA

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 18, 2011, 09:16:10 PM »

What makes you sure Guild isn't on drugs?

Because these aren't the ramblings of a drug-addled mind, these are the ramblings of a serious and unmedicated mental disorder.
Do you understand how terrifying the words “vibrating strap on” are for an asexual? That’s like saying “the holocaust” to a Jew.

the asshole you hate

• Marketing and
  • High-Bullshit
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 18, 2011, 09:39:21 PM »

i had a lot of responses to that, but i think i'm going to settle for, "you've been reading psychology shit" and ignore you rather than threaten libel
It was a fun visit. I hope someday someone figures out what I was saying in this post. Bye!

Joxam

• The Transformizzle
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
    • Shadowrun
« Reply #49 on: March 18, 2011, 09:44:10 PM »

I'm pretty sure most everyone took that road a long time ago.

NexAdruin

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 19, 2011, 05:54:01 AM »

The only thing Guild is addicted to is winningloving

Thad

• Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
    • corporate-sellout.com
« Reply #51 on: March 20, 2011, 12:24:01 AM »

I remember once when she was talking on the phone to her ex, he said words to the effect of, if you don't do this, i'll hang up and i remember thinking how immature it is to manipulate others with words like that

Guild, I realize you're well aware you're a hypocrite and will gladly admit as much, but...remember that time you said you would leave the boards forever if I kicked you off Real World?

Brentai

• https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DnXYVlPgX_o
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 20, 2011, 01:04:03 AM »

The implication being that he believes he has matured, of course.

François

• Huh.
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 20, 2011, 07:10:07 AM »

What can change the nature of a Guild?

sei

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 20, 2011, 10:23:04 AM »

What is a Guild?

Mongrel

• Emoticon Knight-Errant
  • kodePunc Team
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 20, 2011, 10:34:01 AM »

A guild (German: Gilde) is an association of craftsmen in a particular trade. The earliest types of guild were formed as confraternities of workers. They were organized in a manner something between a trade union, a cartel and a secret society. They often depended on grants of letters patent by an authority or monarch to enforce the flow of trade to their self-employed members, and to retain ownership of tools and the supply of materials. A lasting legacy of traditional guilds are the guildhalls constructed and used as meeting places.

the asshole you hate

• Marketing and
  • High-Bullshit
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 20, 2011, 11:47:52 AM »

I remember once when she was talking on the phone to her ex, he said words to the effect of, if you don't do this, i'll hang up and i remember thinking how immature it is to manipulate others with words like that

Guild, I realize you're well aware you're a hypocrite and will gladly admit as much, but...remember that time you said you would leave the boards forever if I kicked you off Real World?

don't EVER trust my any ultimatums :)

the asshole you hate

• Marketing and
  • High-Bullshit
  • Tested
    • View Profile
</3
« Reply #57 on: March 20, 2011, 11:52:36 AM »

Update: She's going back with her boyfriend. :(

Oh well. I hope I fall in love again in the next few years.

NexAdruin

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 20, 2011, 12:25:20 PM »

I hope you find help between now and then.

Brentai

• https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DnXYVlPgX_o
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 20, 2011, 12:50:28 PM »

Indeed, a wingman would improve your chances immensely.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5