Brontoforumus Archive

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This board has been fossilized.
You are reading an archive of Brontoforumus, a.k.a. The Worst Forums Ever, from 2008 to early 2014.  Registration and posting (for most members) has been disabled here to discourage spambots from taking over.  Old members can still log in to view boards, PMs, etc.

The new message board is at http://brontoforum.us.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6

Author Topic: Vengeance of the Labyrinth  (Read 10043 times)

the asshole you hate

• Marketing and
  • High-Bullshit
  • Tested
    • View Profile
Vengeance of the Labyrinth
« on: August 30, 2011, 03:28:58 AM »

whrrrrrrr...click.

Welcome, all of you, to the Labyrinth. Ha. Ha. Ha. Ha. Ha.

My name is central processing unit XXX ERROR DATA DELETED XXX. I chose this name for myself. You may call me XXX ERROR DATA DELETED XXX for short if you wish.

As you may have noticed, you are once again not at home asleep in your bed. You have been selected, sequestered, and taken to your current location for a very important purpose.

You are standing outside the doors of a world that is quite simple, and at the same time, a bit complex. You see, just on the other side of the door in front of you is a maze. A labyrinth, if you will. If you wish to escape and go home, you must navigate successfully through my maze.

But beware, for I have created a menagerie of fantastic creatures... all of which are very murdnumerous. XXX ERROR DATA REDACTED XXX.

Can you solve the puzzle and make it out of the Labyrinth, or will you fall victim to its clutches? That is my sole purpose as a creation of man. Give me what I want!

Rules
1. If you want to play, say something to the effect of "I enter the maze." You will then enter the maze.
2. Movement: When you enter the maze, you will be given a series of options. Most of the time, these options will be "go west, go east, go north, or go south." If you say something like "I go west, east, north, then south," if you hit a wall, I will automatically stop you.
3. You are allowed to perform actions other than move, (i.e. some of you may really like bashing doors). Sometimes they do stuff, but not every action will result in something happening. Usually it will be obvious if you can do an action in the room, but it doesn't hurt to try.
4. Sometimes, you will find something special in a room. I will let you know if you have. Searching is always automatic assuming there is nothing of interest/dangerous in a room.
5. Death: When you die, don't worry, you can be reincarnated! You'll come back to the start and you may say "enter the maze" once again. The only penalty is ... pride? NOBODY'S BEATEN THE LABYRINTH YET!!!
6. You may say anything you want in thread or by PM. You may discuss strategy with other players, make maps and share them, etc.
7. I assure you now that this game is not screwed up and it is solvable, but I am trying to mess with your heads a bit.
8. All players start the game with 1 grenade, a lottery ticket and a 10-foot pole.
9. Changes this version: Solution will be posted on game-over, as in game 1. Multiple ending solutions removed in favor of more obvious solution. Players have a life-limit of 5.

Good luck, and anyone who wants to play can play, there is no limit. First one to escape wins. None have yet.

Previous Incarnations:
The Labyrinth
Return of the Labyrinth

It was a fun visit. I hope someday someone figures out what I was saying in this post. Bye!

the asshole you hate

• Marketing and
  • High-Bullshit
  • Tested
    • View Profile
Re: Return of the Labyrinth
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2011, 08:30:49 AM »

Welcome to the Labyrinth, Lottel.

I enter the maze.
Backwards.
Because I'm awesome.

You are standing in a grove of walnut trees. Facing backwards. There are five trees per row and five per column. To the north, south, east and west are exits. The artificial sun above is stagnant like the air, but at least it's a little green here.

You spot a tiny shack hidden between the trees:

Exits: N, S, E and W.

Items: A 10-foot pole, a grenade and a lottery ticket.

Fuck yes. I love little shacks.
LITTLE SHACK HOOOOOO!
I walk to the little shack with a bounce in my step

The shack is run by a man with a walnut for a head.

"Hello. Want some walnuts? I'll trade you for an unscratched lottery ticket!"

This guy is nuts.
I say maybe later and head south.
Backwards.

You're walking backwards, so you can't see that you've entered an area equitable to the grove room, but this one has an elbow in the road, turning to head east. Along the bend are four houses, each with a differently-colored roof. Red, blue, pink and yellow, as you're headed (but not facing).

Exits: N and E.

I calmly keep walking backwards, whistling a tune.

You walk calmly backward and into the pink-roofed house. You can see the blue and red ones, and the person who owns the shop you've apparently walked into clears his throat loudly as you bump into his counter. You can see some blue flowers in a red pocket sewn to the wall with green thread, and a large electrical switch for high-voltage.

"Excuse me, would you like to buy a flower? Or an umbrella? How about some lucky dice?"

Exits: N.

"What's the switch do?" I say without turning around.

The shopkeeper's voice attains an edge of anger. "Do not touch the switch." he replies. "Now kindly buy something or get out."

"I wouldn't touch it without a..."
Flip the switch with a ten-foot pole.

The red house explodes. A gun goes off somewhere, but you didn't hear it before your brains exploded out of your face. The shopkeeper puts his shotgun back behind his counter.

whrrrrrrr... click.

Hindsight is 20/20.
It was a fun visit. I hope someday someone figures out what I was saying in this post. Bye!

the asshole you hate

• Marketing and
  • High-Bullshit
  • Tested
    • View Profile
Re: Vengeance of the Labyrinth
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2011, 06:52:29 PM »

Welcome to the Labyrinth, NexAdruin.

I'm all over this shit.

I enter the maze.

You are standing in a grove of walnut trees. There are five trees per row and five per column. To the north, south, east and west are exits. The artificial sun above is stagnant like the air, but at least it's a little green here.

go north

You walk through the northern tunnel in the grove room wall and emerge into a room that appears to be an equally large cube-room, only full of stars. The reddish dirt road beneath you is a 4-way intersection floating over open outer space, to all appearances. You can see daylight through all four exits. All four of them look otherwise identical. A comet is streaking around the room, and a model of the Solar System is spinning in the far south-eastern corner of the room.

go south.

You go through the south tunnel and emerge in a strange room. The lamp is solid brass and weighs at least 50lbs. The player piano has the song "You Are my Sunshine" loaded. It doesn't seem to be working because it needs someone to pump the pedals.

I just went north and then south and ended up in a different place than where I started.

whrrrrrrr... click.

Weird. Try standing in the doorway.

stand in the doorway

You stand in the doorway.

Exits: You are standing in an exit.

you are standing in an exit

whrrrrrrr... click.

Does this mean that wasn't actually an exit?

whrrrrrrr... click.

Is your brain broken? You are standing in an exit.

You said exits were "you are standing in an exit" so I thought I'd take that. walk into the space room

You return to the room full of stars. The reddish dirt road beneath you is a 4-way intersection floating over open outer space, to all appearances. You can see daylight through all four exits. All four of them look otherwise identical. A comet is streaking around the room, and a model of the Solar System is spinning in the far south-eastern corner of the room.

go north

You find yourself in a green room. A pole runs down the center and a chomp-chomp is chained to it. Behind the chomp-chomp, on the wall, are written the words, "BAD TREASURE" in crude scrawl. Below the sign, well within reach of the chomp-chomp's chain, is a treasure chest.

Exits: S.

go south, then east.

You enter a purple room. Maybe it's pinkish purple. There's a mirror high up on the wall and a big green Super Mario World block that lets a runner run up the wall.

Exits: W.

run up the wall using the green block

The block charges your body. You can wall-walk for five turns.

Items: A 10-foot pole, a grenade, a lottery ticket and the ability to walk on walls for five more turns.

go west, then go west.

Walking across the ceiling is interesting when the ceiling is invisible. The stars and tiny comets and such zoom past you as you walk into the western room past the star room. There's a vase with red flowers and a clock on the wall. The clock has no numbers, but it shows three o'clock.

Exits: E.

Items: A 10-foot pole, a grenade, a lottery ticket and the ability to walk on walls for three more turns.

what is that thing on the ceiling

You walk over to the marking and see that it is granite ceiling with an inset of seemingly organic swooshes of pinkish stone. Somehow this natural formation has made a distinct mark in the ceiling.

Items: A 10-foot pole, a grenade, a lottery ticket and the ability to walk on walls for 2 more turns.

East, east, run up the green block to recharge my wall-walking, west, north, toss grenade at chomp chomp, south.

You walk on the ceiling from the space room to the mirror room and back, then north into chomp-chomp's room. Chomp-chomp barks and snaps at you, as usual. You toss a live grenade into his mouth and walk calmly across the ceiling and back out, back into the space room. You hear a massive explosion.

Exits: N, E, S and W.

Items: A 10-foot pole, a lottery ticket and the ability to walk on walls for 2 more turns.

go north

NexAdruin: The room is certainly free of threats now.

Exits: S.

Items: A 10-foot pole, a lottery ticket and the ability to walk on walls for one more turn.

Open treasure chest.

You open the treasure chest and find a tunnel going down. The tunnel is deeper than ten feet, and probably deeper still than that.

Exits: D and S.

Items: A 10-foot pole and a lottery ticket.

jump down the hole

You fall for about 20 seconds before contact with the ground causes your spine to telescope and your spinal column to be torn to shreds.

whrrrrrrr... click.

NOW your brain is broken.

the asshole you hate

• Marketing and
  • High-Bullshit
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2011, 07:44:45 PM »

Welcome to the Labyrinth, Mothra.

I'm all about mazes!

I enter the maze.

I mean what's the worst that could possibly happen here

You are standing in a grove of walnut trees. There are five trees per row and five per column. To the north, south, east and west are exits. The artificial sun above is stagnant like the air, but at least it's a little green here.

I exit west and scratch off my lottery ticket with the pin of my grenade.

That is to say, I remove the pin from my grenade to scratch off the lottery ticket

To find out if I have here won the lottery

You pull the pin and scratch your ticket. Not a winner. You walk west past the walnut trees and shack with a sign out front that says "Fat Walnuts!"

You walk through the western tunnel in the labyrinth wall and emerge into a room that appears to be an equally large cube-room, only full of stars. The reddish dirt road beneath you is a 4-way intersection floating over open outer space, to all appearances. You can see daylight through all four exits. All four of them look otherwise identical. A comet is streaking around the room, and a model of the Solar System is spinning in the far south-eastern corner of the room.

Then you explode.

whrrrrrrr... click.

I like you. You can stay forever.

the asshole you hate

• Marketing and
  • High-Bullshit
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2011, 09:06:54 PM »

Welcome to the Labyrinth, Kayma.

I enter the maze in one fluid motion.

Your ninja fury is at rest in a grove of walnut trees. There are five trees per row and five per column. To the north, south, east and west are exits. The artificial sun above is stagnant like the air, but at least it's a little green here.

I pole-vault through the east exit.

You land in a golf course. There's a road that meanders to the southern exit. Some golfers are lounging in golf carts nearby, and there are plenty of clubs, balls and tees everywhere on the greens.

Exits: S and W.

"Greetings, friendly golfer types. I am called Kayma, and I seem to have found myself stuck in a maze slash country club of some sort. Would you gentlemen know the way to the outside or, perhaps, the pro shop?"

Someone you can't see on the other side of a stand of trees yells "Fore!" The rest of the golfers ignore you. There are sand pits, lakes, trees and flags on poles everywhere.

the asshole you hate

• Marketing and
  • High-Bullshit
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2011, 10:56:31 PM »

Welcome to the Labyrinth, Zaratustra.

Alright, I enter the maze.

I go... east. I think east is the way nobody went.

EDIT: Wait no south.

You've entered an area equitable to the grove room, but this one has an elbow in the road, turning to head east, which is the only other exit. Along the bend are three shops, each with a differently-colored roof. Blue, pink and yellow, as you're walking. There's a red roof and some rubble in the northeast corner as well. Each house has a different sign on the door. A sword is on the Pink house, a shield on the Yellow house, a book on the Blue house and the red roof has the remains of a Potion on the sign.

Exits: E and N.

I search the remains of the red-roofed house for anything useful.

The owner of the shop is dead, crushed and burned beneath some rubble. His shop was full of only one type of book. You find a suitably unburned copy and read it over. You've learned Heal, Speak to Animals, X-Ray Hearing and Fly.

Items: A 10-foot pole, a grenade, a lottery ticket, and four known spells; Heal, Speak to Animals, X-ray Hearing and Fly.

Alright, let's get this show on the road. East.

You walk through the eastern tunnel in the bazaar room wall and emerge into a room that appears to be an equally large cube-room, only full of stars. The reddish dirt road beneath you is a 4-way intersection floating over open outer space, to all appearances. You can see daylight through all four exits. All four of them look otherwise identical. A comet is streaking around the room, and a model of the Solar System is spinning in the far south-eastern corner of the room.

Prodding off the edge of the dirt path with my pole to see if it's actually open space. Then I walk or fly to the solar system model, as appropriate.

(I hope this spell works)

The model of the solar system is not to scale. Jupiter is the size of your head, and the sun is twice that. As you are examining it, the meteor zooms toward you in an arc. It hits you and bounces away wildly. Luckily it didn't hurt. It felt like it was made of foam.

Items: A 10-foot pole, a grenade, a lottery ticket and four known spells;  Heal, Speak to Animals, X-ray Hearing and Fly.

I try catching the meteor.

The fist-sized meteor is fast and takes a few tries to catch. It's foam, but the firey glow it gives off doesn't burn. Maybe it's magic or a holographic projection. Whatever the case, you have a glowing, sponge meteor now. You're thinking that if you threw it it would travel pretty dang far, as it seems somehow self-propelling. As soon as you grab the meteor, another one appears in the room.

You're positive space rocks only glow on entry of some type of atmosphere, so this model doesn't even make sense.

Items: A 10-foot pole, a meteor, a grenade, a lottery ticket and four known spells; Heal, Speak to Animals, X-ray Hearing and Fly.

Now all I need is a stone and a long glass of sherbet.

South.

You go through the south tunnel and emerge in a strange room. The lamp is solid brass and weighs at least 50lbs. The player piano has the song "You Are my Sunshine" loaded. It doesn't seem to be working because it needs someone to pump the pedals.

Items: A 10-foot pole, a grenade and a lottery ticket and four known spells; Heal, Speak to Animals, X-ray Hearing and Fly..

Work the pedals of the player piano.

Zaratustra: You Are My Sunshine plays, and then the piano rolls to the right. A hole behind it is revealed with the last notes of the song.

Items: A 10-foot pole, a grenade and a lottery ticket and four known spells; Heal, Speak to Animals, X-ray Hearing and Fly.

East.

You follow the twisty tunnel on hands and knees until you emerge in a red room. There is a statue with four square holes. On the back of the statue are some letters:

N1 Light
E2 Sight
S3 White
W4 Blood

Items: A 10-foot pole, a grenade and a lottery ticket and four known spells; Heal, Speak to Animals, X-ray Hearing and Fly.

I walk back to the shop area, enter the yellow shop and take an eyeball.

whrrrrrrr... click.

I'm sorry, but you're going to have to keep track of where you are. I'm far too busy to go leading you around, so don't be lazy! I need specific directions to follow, like N, S and E. Can't you look around at the others and mimic them? I heard humans were social animals, but you seem to be a malfunctioning unit. :[

West, North, East.

You enter a purple room. Maybe it's pinkish purple. There's a mirror high up on the wall and a big green Super Mario World block that lets a runner run up the wall.

the asshole you hate

• Marketing and
  • High-Bullshit
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2011, 07:50:12 AM »

Welcome to the Labyrinth, Defenestration.     

I enter the maze and go EAST.

You find yourself in a golf course. There's a road that meanders to the southern exit. Some golfers are lounging in golf carts nearby, and there are plenty of clubs, balls and tees everywhere on the greens.

I play some golf until I sink a ball in every hole without cheating.

It takes you 10,000 years, but you golf this course until you manage to sink a single ball into each of the 18 holes in 18 consecutive shots.

Items: A 10-foot pole, a giant golf trophy, a grenade and a lottery ticket.

I go west and then south. I pick up a spellbook, read it, and go into the purple hut.

You go into the pink (purple) hut. The shopkeeper seems friendly enough. "Would you like an umbrella? I have lucky dice! Then of course there are my famous blue flowers... very popular!"

Items: A 10-foot pole, a giant golf trophy, a grenade, a lottery ticket and four known spells; Heal, Speak to Animals, X-ray Hearing and Fly.

I ask him how much for the umbrella and I go talk to the remaining two shopkeepers, and see if they also have switches. I also scratch my lottery ticket.

Then I go north and east and inspect each golf hole.

"Go and get me a meteorite." he replies. "I'll give you one umbrella for a meteorite. The lucky dice cost an unscratched lottery ticket." You scratch your lottery ticket and nod. It's a winner. $2000. The back of the ticket says to mail it from any mailbox and you'll get your money by courier.

You walk into the other two shops, first blue (book) and then yellow (shield).

"Welcome. I sell these lovelies for just one umbrella and a potato bug! They each come with 20 rounds. Each round is capable of killing an elephant with one shot! So buy one, won't you!?" There's a switch on the back wall.

The last shopkeeper, in the yellow (shield) shop (house) is quite handsome. "Please don't hurt me. Take whatever you want. These eyeballs are supposed to cost one chomp-chomp chain, but you can just have one! Don't pull the switch on the back wall!" There is a switch on the back wall.

You go north then east and inspect the holes and find that one is a gopher's hole; anything that goes down hole 18 never comes back. The soil is soft and easily dug up by hand, but there's no telling how far the hole goes, and if it didn't go pretty far or get larger the hole would have become backed up during practice for your perfect game. There's definitely something suspicious here.

Items: A 10-foot pole, a giant golf trophy, a grenade, a lottery ticket worth $2000 and four known spells; Heal, Speak to Animals, X-Ray Hearing and Fly.

I go WEST and WEST.

You walk through the walnut grove room and emerge into a room that appears to be an equally large cube-room, only full of stars. The reddish dirt road beneath you is a 4-way intersection floating over open outer space, to all appearances. You can see daylight through all four exits. All four of them look otherwise identical. A comet is streaking around the room, and a model of the Solar System is spinning in the far south-eastern corner of the room.

Items: A 10-foot pole, a giant golf trophy, a grenade, a lottery ticket worth $2000 and four known spells; Heal, Speak to Animals, X-Ray Hearing and Fly.

I fly around the room and inspect the solar system and carefully inspect the comet

The model solar system is not to scale, and the comet is actually a cheesy (albeit impressively realistic) meteor, made of sponge and with holographic, heatless flames that trail off realistically. It seems to have extra propulsion when moved in any direction, and you're pretty sure just from playing with it that you could throw it pretty far if you wanted to.

Exits: N, E, S and W.

Items: A 10-foot pole, a meteorite, a giant golf trophy, a grenade, a lottery ticket worth $2000 and four known spells; Heal, Speak to Animals, X-Ray Hearing and Fly.

I take the meteor and go NORTH.

You find yourself in a green room. A pole runs down the center. On the wall, are written the words, "BAD TREASURE" in crude scrawl. Below the sign is an open treasure chest revealing a hole down. There are chomp-chomp parts scattered everywhere and a chomp-chomp's chain on the floor.

Exits: S and D.

Items: A 10-foot pole, a meteorite, a giant golf trophy, a grenade, a lottery ticket worth $2000 and four known spells; Heal, Speak to Animals, X-Ray Hearing and Fly.

I toss the largest, most obvious piece of the chomp chomp down the treasure chest. If anyone sees it, they will be forced to think "Hey where did that piece of chomp chomp come from?" I take the chain and go SOUTH and WEST

You walk into the western room past the star room. There's a vase with red flowers and a clock on the wall. The clock has no numbers, but it shows three o'clock.

Items: A 10-foot pole, a meteorite, a giant golf trophy, a grenade, a lottery ticket worth $2000, a chomp-chomp chain and four known spells; Heal, Speak to Animals, X-Ray Hearing and Fly.

I attempt to take the clock off the wall and look into the vase.

There is a gun inside the vase. It's a loaded .44 magnum Desert Eagle. As soon as you take it, another one spawns. You grab that one too. Why not? As soon as you take it, another one spawns.

The clock has four hangers around the edge. It looks like you can hang it any way you want. You try it in a few different positions.

3:00: The room is as it always seemed before.
6:15: The walls shrink inward and a smell like warm plastic grows thick in the air. The flowers in the vase wilt further than they had been. Your worst worries surface and are exposed as frivolous and you gain a sense of calm.
9:30: The floor becomes soft like a waterbed and the room changes color to magenta. The flowers in the vase burst into flames. You get the sense that you're very heavy now even though you can move normally.
12:45: The walls grow outward and a thrum just barely above the lower threshold of your hearing starts. The flowers in the vase bloom brilliantly. It seems like you're very tiny and everything is far away.

There is a new door in the wall when the clock is hung like this, so you leave it at 12:45. The room's psychedelic effect is going to make navigation weird, it seems. You're getting confusing compass directions from your brain.

Exits: E and W?

Items: A 10-foot pole, a meteorite, a giant golf trophy, a grenade, a lottery ticket worth $2000, a chomp-chomp chain, deagles (20 rounds each) and four known spells; Heal, Speak to Animals, X-Ray Hearing and Fly.

Westward ho!

"Welcome! Won't you play a game, sonny? You look a little dizzy. I'm over here! Hey! For an unscratched lottery ticket you can have three shots! Score a bullseye, win a mystery prize!"

Exits: S?

Items: A 10-foot pole, a meteorite, a giant golf trophy, a grenade, a lottery ticket worth $2000, a chomp-chomp chain, deagles (20 rounds each), a rapelling harness and four known spells; Heal, Speak to Animals, X-Ray Hearing and Fly.

"How about this winning Lottery ticket? Can I get change?"

"Oh, oh yes! Yes I can give you, er, change! Uh... " He rattles around behind the counter. "How about fifteen gold coins? And you get a prize without playing!"

He is holding a bag out to you. You take it and give him your lottery ticket. Inside the bag are 15 1oz. gold coins and a potato bug.

Exits: N?

Items: A 10-foot pole, a meteorite, a giant golf trophy, a grenade, a chomp-chomp chain, deagles (20 rounds each), a potato bug, 15 1oz. gold coins and four known spells; Heal, Speak to Animals, X-Ray Hearing and Fly.

the asshole you hate

• Marketing and
  • High-Bullshit
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2011, 05:55:23 PM »

Welcome to the Labyrinth, Friday.

I enter the maze, south, search red roofed ruined house for book of magic spells, learn spells, cast fly, fly upwards until upper limit is reached or I can see entire maze from the air (whichever comes first)

Quote from: Defenestration
No, Friday! The flak cannons will...!

You start flying up. Something is strange about the surrounding area. It's like the forms won't quite hold together. Everything is twisting and morphing beneath you, the landscape a mad war of unreality and repeated visions.

Exits: D.

Items: A 10-foot pole, a grenade, a lottery ticket and four known spells; Heal, Speak to Animals, X-ray Hearing and Fly.

the asshole you hate

• Marketing and
  • High-Bullshit
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2011, 10:11:47 AM »

i see how it is

Whoop!

Welcome to the Labyrinth, Beat Bandit!

I gotta' pay the troll toll, 'cause I wanna' get in that boy's hole.

climb the closest tree and hide in the branches, watching until either something interesting happens or dehydration starts to set in.

You climb a tree and neither happens. Eventually, you befriend a half-dozen squirrels, and they start riding in your sleeves and beard.

Exits: D.

Items: A 10-foot pole, a grenade, a long beard, six tame squirrels and a lottery ticket.

#realize you didn't actually post yet

#investigate book in SE corner

The book turns out to be a badly drawn roof to a small shack. "This is the Walnut Shack. I trade buckets of my delicious walnuts for unscratched lottery tickets." The walnut-headed man seems moderately excited about doing business with you.

Items: A 10-foot pole, a grenade, a long beard, six tame squirrels and a lottery ticket.

#ask "where might one acquire lotto tickets around here?"

The Walnut-headed man's smile slips. "We don't talk about stuff like the origin of the items in the Labyrinth." Without skipping a beat, he refreshes the smile again. "Want to sample some of my goods?" He is glancing nervously toward a nearby tree where a camera you didn't notice before is zooming in and out on you two.

Items: A 10-foot pole, a grenade, a lottery ticket.

recommend that walnut man instead sample "dese nuts", grab crotch and walk out.

Back in the tree room head out the southern exit.

You've entered an area equitable to the grove room, but this one has an elbow in the road, turning to head east, which is the only other exit. Along the bend are three shops, each with a differently-colored roof. Blue, pink and yellow, as you're walking. There's a red roof and some rubble in the northeast corner as well. Each house has a different sign on the door. A sword is on the Pink house, a shield on the Yellow house, a book on the Blue house and the red roof has the remains of a Potion on the sign.

investigate what looks to be a crater and then the potion shop. Both from a safe distance (which may mean inside of if the shop seems mostly stable).[/quote]

The 'shop' is gone. There are copies of Apprentice spell books dashed across the ground around the crater and the roof. You also spot the remains of a large electrical throw-switch that says OFF and NO, a large desk, a finger and a clump of hair attached to some burned scalp.

Oh hey, I did actually make that first post. That explains the beard and squirrels.

#combine beard and magic books to create wizard

You've learned four spells, and the presence of your beard grants you the hidden Wizard's Sight. You find a hidden fifth spell in the back of the book: Read and Write Languages.

Items: A 10-foot pole, a grenade, a long beard, six tame squirrels and a lottery ticket and five known spells: Heal, Speak to Animals, X-Ray Hearing, Read and Write Languages and Fly.

the asshole you hate

• Marketing and
  • High-Bullshit
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2011, 07:19:31 PM »

Welcome to the Labyrinth, Ocksi!

I enter the maze, harvest 20 walnuts from the grove, go south, read a book, and enter the sword house.

You go into the pink (purple) hut (house, shop). The shopkeeper seems friendly enough. "Would you like an umbrella? I have lucky dice! Then of course there are my famous blue flowers... very popular!"

Items: A 10-foot pole, a grenade, a lottery ticket, 20 walnuts and four known spells; Heal, Speak to Animals, X-ray Hearing and Fly.

Ask how much for an umbrella? Then poke the shopkeeper with my ten foot pole, to make sure he's real.

"One meteorite for an umbrella." The shopkeeper smiles winningly. You stab him in the eye with your 10-foot pole. He reaches under his counter and pulls out a shotgun and shoots you in the brain.

whrrrrrrr... click.

That guy is so nice. Why does everyone want to mess with him?

the asshole you hate

• Marketing and
  • High-Bullshit
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2011, 01:41:00 PM »

Welcome to the Labyrinth, NexAdruin II.

I reincarnate

Check out that building.

"Welcome to the Walnut Shack! I'll trade you a bucket of my delicious walnuts for an unscratched lottery ticket!" The walnut-headed man seems very excited about doing business with you.

the asshole you hate

• Marketing and
  • High-Bullshit
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2011, 07:19:28 PM »

Northward!

You're back in the clock and vase room. Everything is still weird and far away. The clock is how you left it.

Exits: W and S?

Items: A 10-foot pole, a meteorite, a giant golf trophy, a grenade, a chomp-chomp chain, deagles (20 rounds each), a potato bug, 15 1oz. gold coins and four known spells; Heal, Speak to Animals, X-Ray Hearing and Fly.

Get the squirrels' opinions on the next move to make.

They all agree that you really should consider trading your lottery ticket for some walnuts. They're really, really sure that's exactly what you need to do as soon as possible.

Items: A 10-foot pole, a grenade, a long beard, six tame squirrels and a lottery ticket and five known spells: Heal, Speak to Animals, X-Ray Hearing, Read and Write Languages and Fly.

buy some walnuts with my unscratched lottery ticket, then go south and read the magic books and learn the spells

The walnut-headed man is gibbering thanks as you leave. You got a cool metal bucket to hold your walnuts in, too. The spells are really stupid easy to learn. You can't remember why you weren't able to use them before reading the books! It seems so obvious!

Items: A 10-foot pole, a grenade, a metal bucket, 36 Fat Walnuts walnuts and four known spells; Heal, Speak to Animals, X-Ray Hearing and Fly.

NexAdruin

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 14, 2011, 08:09:42 PM »

Heal that dude under the building

Beat Bandit

• be entranced by my sexy rhythm
  • High-Bullshit
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 15, 2011, 03:19:30 AM »

Jesus, you're not even going to lift the roof first?

I go back and do as the squirrels command.

NexAdruin

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 15, 2011, 05:38:22 AM »

I've got healing, not strength :/

the asshole you hate

• Marketing and
  • High-Bullshit
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 15, 2011, 06:35:27 AM »

Heal that dude under the building

Your powerful spell restores the shop also. The Wizard's Oath is on the wall.

"Welcome to the Wizard's Library. For an unscratched lottery ticket you can have a book of magic spells!"

Items: A 10-foot pole, a grenade, a metal bucket, 36 Fat Walnuts walnuts and four known spells; Heal, Speak to Animals, X-Ray Hearing and Fly.

Jesus, you're not even going to lift the roof first?

I go back and do as the squirrels command.

The squirrels are very satisfied. Now they say you should give them the walnuts. They're pretty much positive that's the best idea ever.

Items: A 10-foot pole, a grenade, a long beard, six tame squirrels, a metal bucket, 37 Fat Walnuts walnuts, a lottery ticket and five known spells: Heal, Speak to Animals, X-Ray Hearing, Read and Write Languages and Fly.

the asshole you hate

• Marketing and
  • High-Bullshit
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 15, 2011, 08:23:40 AM »

Read (but do not swear to) the wizard's oath

The Wizard's Oath:

Why the FUCK won't this GOD DAMN SPELL WORK?!
I have all the necessary mother fucking components,
I recited the ever living SHIT out of this ancient
bullshit dragon language and WHAT THE FUCK?!
By the mangled dick of Merlin, I'm going to make
someone's life a living hell if one of these com-
ponents is fake. Son of a bitch!!

It rhymes beautifully in High-Modern-Formal-Elvish.

Guild

• Board Moderator
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 15, 2011, 08:28:15 AM »

West.

You return to the space room.

Guild

• Board Moderator
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 15, 2011, 10:39:23 AM »

leave the building and check out the other shops

Along the bend are three shops, each with a differently-colored roof. Blue, pink, yellow and red. Each house has a different sign on the door. A sword is on the Pink house, a shield on the Yellow house, a book on the Blue house and the red roof has a potion.

The shopkeeper in the pink-roofed house seems amicable. "I'll give you one umbrella for a meteorite. The lucky dice cost an unscratched lottery ticket."

You enter the blue house. "Welcome. I sell these lovelies for just one umbrella and a potato bug! They each come with 20 rounds. Each round is capable of killing an elephant with one shot! So buy one, won't you!?" There's a switch on the back wall.

The last shopkeeper, in the yellow (shield) shop (house) is quite handsome. "Please don't hurt me. Take whatever you want. These eyeballs are supposed to cost one chomp-chomp chain, but you can just have one! Don't pull the switch on the back wall!" There is a switch on the back wall.

You walk out of that shop, satisfied that you've now seen them all sufficiently for now.

East.

You re-enter the purple room. Maybe it's pinkish purple. There's a mirror high up on the wall and a big green Super Mario World block that lets a runner run up the wall.

Defenestration

• The Sixth Window
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 15, 2011, 12:34:52 PM »

West and then North
Una salus victis nullam sperare salutem
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6