Brontoforumus Archive

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This board has been fossilized.
You are reading an archive of Brontoforumus, a.k.a. The Worst Forums Ever, from 2008 to early 2014.  Registration and posting (for most members) has been disabled here to discourage spambots from taking over.  Old members can still log in to view boards, PMs, etc.

The new message board is at http://brontoforum.us.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 24

Author Topic: Horrible Round Eye Animation  (Read 56901 times)

Doom

• ~run liek a wind~
  • Tested
    • View Profile
Horrible Round Eye Animation
« on: May 27, 2008, 06:38:01 PM »

I finally caught Chowder the other day. It's amazing. So I was thinking, I love cartoons. Let's talk about them. This may degenerate into another circle jerk for Bruce Timm, but that's fine. I love his cartoons too.

I've got all the seasons of Futurama, Seasons 2-8 of the Simpsons, the first two seasons of King of the Hill and Superman the Animated Series(but I need three because FUCK YEAH SUPES VS DARKSEID) and some misc stuff like Flintsons and Dilbert.

First topic of discussion is SpongeBob Squarepants. Love it or hate it, I feel that anyone can admit that whenever it is on a roll, it is quite a legendary roll.

But this is just a suggestion! Feel free to entertain me with nonsense about other bits of western animation...

Or else.

Lady Duke

• Shiny Ranger
  • Tested
    • View Profile
Re: Horrible Round Eye Animation
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2008, 06:49:03 PM »

Chowder is sooooooooooo funny.  I love the ridiculous jokes and scenarios for each episode.  It's just hilarious every time I see it.  I especially love the episode where Chowder has to go get more spice but then he gets mold instead.

Also, very yes for Spongebob.  I'm glad new episodes continue to be good.

And anything by Genndy Tartakovsky or Craig McCracken is awesome as well.

Catloaf

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2008, 06:57:54 PM »

The thing about Spongebob Squarepants is that if you watch the old episodes now, they (for the most part) don't stand up at all to the new ones.  The writing and visual gags have gotten much better as the show has aged.

Somehow, I think that Spongebob came off as far gayer in the beginning even with less direct evidence given to assert that he was.  The "FUN song" was just so much more gay than the "IMAGINAAAAAAATION!" bit with the rainbow and all.

Lady Duke

• Shiny Ranger
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2008, 07:04:42 PM »

Hahahahaha, I love the Imagination rainbow hand motion.  I do have to agree that some older episodes pale in comparison to the new ones, mostly the first season and maybe the second season too.  I think it's partially because of what you said, and also because I saw all those episodes so many dozens of times that they started to lose their appeal.  Like, whenever I see the bubble stand episode, I wanna slap someone across the mouth just for it continuing to air.

Kazz

• Projekt Direktor
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2008, 07:30:11 PM »

I'm upset.

Samurai Jack's gotta get back, back to the past, Sam-oo-rai Jack, jack, jack jack jack.

But I don't think he's going to.

LISTEN TO ME NOW: I'm going to watch that new show about the little sailor boy when it comes out.  It's called, uhhhhh looks it up on wikipedia discreetly Marvelous Misadventures of Flapjack.

and LD is harping in my ear that it's going to be gay, but that's what she thought about Chowder and My Gym Partner is a Monkey and those are both fucking awesome and she loves them now so I just don't listen to her anymore.

moving on.

Fairly Oddparents is so overrated.  timmy thinks magic will solve his problem, but then it makes things worse, so he fixes things himself and everything works out.  repeat x2005420594304823947023

Lady Duke

• Shiny Ranger
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2008, 07:41:57 PM »

On that same note, holy crap, that's one of the few shows that I feel like maybe they could've stopped making episodes of it after several seasons.  I used to love Fairly Oddparents, and then I grew out of it after the same annoying formula for every episode.

That isn't true of PPG or Dexter's lab, which I really always wished they'd make more of.  I remember when they started making new PPG for a little while, and I was so excited about it, and just as abruptly as they started new episodes, they stopped them again.  It was so mean to dash our hopes like that.

And I don't care what anyone thinks about this comment, but I absolutely abhor the Simpsons.  I'm allowed to hate it, it surely isn't as great as people make it out to be and I'll never see it that way.  That's definitely a show they could've stopped making after, I dunno, season 4.  I don't care what season they're on now, but it's ...ugh, I just don't like it at all.

Doom

• ~run liek a wind~
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2008, 08:02:00 PM »

It is probably cooler to hate the Simpsons as a whole than to enjoy anything made after the 10th season.

Yes I'm aware that some of the episodes are great, usually one a season. Thank you for picking the corn out of the shit, friend!

Mothra

• ┐('~`;)┌ w/e
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile

Brentai

• https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DnXYVlPgX_o
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2008, 08:12:58 PM »

I haven't really watched The Simpsons in years.  I'm dimly aware that it's still around and that it's slowly getting stupider every year, but I don't really give it any mind.

Cthulhu-chan

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2008, 08:21:06 PM »

Pretty much the same for me.  I haven't seen anything Simpsons-wise since...  Season 6 or 7?  Around the same time I joined the army and lost all contact with human civilization.

Chowder gives me new hope for modern cartoons, as it is glorious.  Flapjack seems like it might be okay, also CANDY WIFE.  The Mighty B! is shaping up rather excellently, as well.

Arc

• Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2008, 08:22:34 PM »

I've watched a grand total of three episodes, but points to them for The Ween all the same,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eDmlGJU2dqA

What the hey ho hey is Chowder?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bCASiT1ud4I

So... Yotsuba but with more whacky?

:proceed:

Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends is made entirely in Flash, and thus entirely Stateside. And that is why it wins.

Detonator

• You made me come back for THIS?
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 27, 2008, 08:31:13 PM »

I don't care how terrible the Simpsons has gotten, nothing can overshadow the period of seasons three through eight where there were no bad episodes.  Then again, it has already been established that LD is ignorant of good shows  (:oh:) and would rather keep up with the tenth season of  :derp:.

Not to single you out, but any knocking of the Simpsons causes me to  :MENDOZAAAAA: with similar retaliation.
"Imagine punching somebody so hard that they turned into a door. Then you found out that's where ALL doors come from, and you got initiated into a murder club that makes doors. The stronger you punch, the better the door. So there are like super strong murderers who punch people into Venetian doors and shit"

Kazz

• Projekt Direktor
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 27, 2008, 08:34:37 PM »

CARTOON NETWORK MORE SERIOUS, ARC

People who are like "Modern cartoons suck" have not seen all the brilliant stuff on there right now.  Or they are critical derps.

Anyway, the good parts of the old Simpsons went on to become the good parts of Futurama, while the actual Simpsons survived via witchcraft for like thirty seasons.

It severely creeps me out that that family has never aged.

Lady Duke

• Shiny Ranger
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 27, 2008, 08:38:53 PM »

Det, just because I don't feel like getting into Avatar doesn't mean I have bad taste in shows.  It means I'm severely lazy and don't want to take the time to watch a serial.  And I'm sorry if you disagree about the simpsons, but I think they're god awful and saying that I like pokemon and the show (mostly out of childhood nostalgia) doesn't make my opinion any more wrong.

And to arc: OMG to Ween.  <3<3<3<3 Ween

Also, from Kazz: Fuck yeah Home Movies.
I agree with him there, that show will keep me laughing all day.  They have super hilarious jokes all the time and I love how they adlib most of their jokes :D

Fredward

• a romantic soul
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 27, 2008, 08:47:20 PM »

Rather than watching modern cartoons, recently I've spent more time discovering 90's cartoons I missed on my first time through. Which has led to plenty of :penguinscantfly: and :SPOON:.

Wait. and . That's better.
Quote from: Brentai
It's never easy to tell just where the line is between physical malady and the general crushing horror of life itself.

Mothra

• ┐('~`;)┌ w/e
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 27, 2008, 09:22:48 PM »

Recommending Earthworm Jim, which holds up today a lot better than most 90's comedy!

Brentai

• https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DnXYVlPgX_o
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 27, 2008, 09:27:03 PM »

Mainly because it's not-so-subtly inspired by Python.

Detonator

• You made me come back for THIS?
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 27, 2008, 09:43:06 PM »

I realize now how easy it is to troll me through bashing the Simpsons.  I'm genuinely curious as to why you consider it "god awful".  Is it just not your type of show, or is there something genuinely revolting about it?
"Imagine punching somebody so hard that they turned into a door. Then you found out that's where ALL doors come from, and you got initiated into a murder club that makes doors. The stronger you punch, the better the door. So there are like super strong murderers who punch people into Venetian doors and shit"

Guild

• High-Bullshit
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 27, 2008, 09:53:29 PM »

Avatar's great but you can't FORCE someone to watch and enjoy it. You have to play with it in front of them until their curiosity ignites.

That's right, Avatar is a cat toy.

Catloaf

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 27, 2008, 11:41:21 PM »

Well, to continue with the Simpsons argument.  I have no problem with it. And while I don't watch it every week, I have never seen an episode that I didn't like.  Family guy is far more hit and miss with me.  Southpark too, but it more has the problem of Comedy Central never playing certain awesome episodes and overplaying awful ones.   ... now that I think about it, this happens with almost everything on TV that consistently airs reruns (Nickelodeon has this problem way more than other stations).

Then there are complete utter pieces of crap that give example to the "modern cartoons suck" argument:  Ben Ten, Robot Boy, The new Transfomers cartoon, and other things Cartoon Network can only justify airing as an attempt to get kids off the couch/ruin their childhoods.  Ben Ten is probably the worst cartoon I've actually seen on TV rather than online (due to hilarity of sucking).  It's so bad it's quite literally not even funny.  Every fucking element of the show sucks, the character design, the writing, the acting, EVERYTHING!  Then, it gets tons and tons of comercials and merchandise, WHAT THE FUCK!  Is some retarded kid actually watching it or is it being shoved forcefully down the viewer's throat?
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 24