Brontoforumus Archive

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This board has been fossilized.
You are reading an archive of Brontoforumus, a.k.a. The Worst Forums Ever, from 2008 to early 2014.  Registration and posting (for most members) has been disabled here to discourage spambots from taking over.  Old members can still log in to view boards, PMs, etc.

The new message board is at http://brontoforum.us.

Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 22 23 [24]

Author Topic: Horrible Round Eye Animation  (Read 56902 times)

Thad

• Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
    • corporate-sellout.com
Re: Horrible Round Eye Animation
« Reply #460 on: August 10, 2013, 05:35:29 AM »

Drawing a blank.  Don't remember anything directly pertinent from the movie (except that Tron shows up for about a minute at the climax).

Anything to do with the transfer process itself?  Certainly seemed like a trap within a trap, and the light show with Tron's data being extracted seemed like a bit of an unfired Chekov's gun.

And possibly a rare moment of Tron actually depicting computer behavior in a sane and realistic fashion.

I had a brief moment of "Wait, how is Tron okay if they pulled his magic blinky-light self out and didn't put it back in?" before realizing that no, they're actually depicting a filecopy accurately for once.  Of COURSE if Tron's data wasn't overwritten then it was still there; there's no such thing as actually moving data, only copying it or overwriting it.

Or possibly the glowy-light code stuff they extracted was just the virus and we're back to cartoon logic.  But I like my interpretation better.

Brentai

• https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DnXYVlPgX_o
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: August 10, 2013, 06:44:25 AM »

In the movie [spoiler]Rinzler is Tron, so at some point he must have been successfully, but not completely repurposed[/spoiler].

In the show [spoiler]Frodo is a little too late blowing Tron out of the Roboticizer and a some of repurposing code gets into him.  Tron is unknowingly carrying the first bits of the Rinzler personality already[/spoiler].

Thad

• Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
    • corporate-sellout.com
« Reply #462 on: August 10, 2013, 07:37:29 AM »

Wow -- I saw the movie but have no memory of that major plot point at all.

:problems:

Brentai

• https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DnXYVlPgX_o
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: August 10, 2013, 08:23:19 AM »

It's possible to miss because nobody ever looks at the camera and says it out loud like Hollywood has trained us to expect, but they certainly didn't make it subtle.

Also a few random searches point out that [spoiler]Rinzler could just as easily be one of the Renegades using Tron's identity, although the movie really does seem to be aiming for "the Tron that Kevin Flynn would know".[/spoiler]

Bal

• Cheerful in the face of nuclear armageddon
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: August 10, 2013, 09:10:16 AM »

Also, [spoiler]when he goes all kamikaze on CLU a voice clip of Tron saying "I serve the users" plays. Also, Bruce Boxlightner voiced Rinzler, though heavily altered.[/spoiler]

Mongrel

• Emoticon Knight-Errant
  • kodePunc Team
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #465 on: October 10, 2013, 08:46:56 AM »

Healy

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #466 on: October 21, 2013, 12:37:14 PM »

Oh man, Regular Show's Halloween special ruled ruled ruled ruled.

Highlights:
  • nearly everything about Rigby's segment, from the nutty way it began to the extremely nutty ending ([spoiler]"Rigby, you're getting all the promotions!"[/spoiler])
  • the 80's slasher atmosphere of Muscle Man's segment
  • "Dude your costume is like the Thomas's story of costumes" (actually I found Muscle Man and Starla's combined costume to be way scarier than any segment)
  • Benson dressed up as the Man with No Name! (I think?)
  • Finally I really dug the pilgrim times B-Bopper (though they never actually called him a B-Bopper)
the assassination of video james by the coward electronic arts

Stush

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #467 on: January 04, 2014, 03:01:56 AM »

I just remembered a show that i used to watch all the time when I was a kid, so I figured i'd look it up again.

Twins of Destiny - opening 天命神童 片头曲 (英文版)

It was a french cartoon that was only shown in france, the phillipines and australia, and it was about these two kids who had some kind of powers, and they were trying to travel across the world to escape assassins who were trying to get them, and to rescue their fathers from the queen of china or something.

Have any of you guys seen this? Was it ever available in america at all?
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 22 23 [24]