Brontoforumus Archive

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This board has been fossilized.
You are reading an archive of Brontoforumus, a.k.a. The Worst Forums Ever, from 2008 to early 2014.  Registration and posting (for most members) has been disabled here to discourage spambots from taking over.  Old members can still log in to view boards, PMs, etc.

The new message board is at http://brontoforum.us.

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 ... 101

Author Topic: The Rynwold Pantheon (D&D 4e)  (Read 86440 times)

Doom

• ~run liek a wind~
  • Tested
    • View Profile
Re: The Rynwold Pantheon (D&D 4e)
« Reply #240 on: October 30, 2011, 02:21:13 AM »

(33.333333333333333 forever. So 33 gold, 3 silver, 3 copper each, I'll toss some hypothetical fraction copper and we can call it an opal day.)

Beat Bandit

• be entranced by my sexy rhythm
  • High-Bullshit
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: October 30, 2011, 04:41:26 AM »

Ampersand waits around for the rest to show up he guesses.

Büge

• won't give you fleaz
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: October 30, 2011, 05:22:49 AM »

Briar will be up in front, if we're doing marching order.

JDigital

• Board Moderator
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: October 30, 2011, 02:57:57 PM »

The stairs lead down quite some distance and exit at the bottom of a cavernous chamber. The light from your sunrod reveals a tall, domed ceiling and walls built with stone brick, all engraved with remarkable artistry and inlaid in places with silver and gemstones that glitter in the light.

In the middle of the chamber stand two marble statues upon pedestals six feet high, and so well-crafted that you almost mistake them for real dwarves. The statues appear to glow faintly, or perhaps they just reflect your sunrod.

Two sets of tall double doors are in the south wall, on either side of the staircase you entered by. The north wall has a large gap missing, as if someone smashed part of it down, leading to a dark cave ahead.

You barely have time to appreciate the ancient architecture before the double doors creak open and twelve dwarves in helmets and chainmail stream out of the doors on either side of you and the north wall, with waraxes drawn in uniform fighting stance, ready to attack on command.

"Urkas Berg has given strict orders to let nobody through before midnight," calls a dwarf at the northern wall as he pulls down the hood on his black cloak. "There's no need for any bloodshed tonight. Simply drop your weapons and surrender, and we will let you go free tomorrow."

You're surrounded by three squads of four dwarves each. The north squad's leader wears a black cloak, as dark as midnight. The west squad leader wears a strange suit of armour inlaid with pieces of purple amethyst. The east squad leader wears a distinctive helmet of polished black steel. Most of the dwarves look like rookies, but the leaders have the confidence of war veterans.

Adding map now.

Lottel

• You know that's right
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: October 30, 2011, 03:03:22 PM »

"Given the situation, I'm not entirely sure it's best to let my sword out'a my sight," Dog said with a slight smile as he raised his hands up.

JDigital

• Board Moderator
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: October 30, 2011, 03:19:37 PM »

Initiative: Ampersand, Dog, Francisca and Vivi win the initiative and can take a turn before the dwarves. Additionally, Pitamaha gets his movement power before the dwarves.

The dwarves won't attack until one of you attacks first or refuses to surrender. (Based on Pitamaha's passive insight of 19, the dwarf leader seems at least honest about agreeing to his terms of surrender.)

##########..####
#########..#####
#########++#####
#.....123......#
#........b.....#
#..............#
#..............#
#..............#
#....!.&..!....#
#..............#
#.....B.D......#
#...4..F.7.....#
#...d..P.8o....#
#..56..V.9.....#
##++###==###++##
##..###==###++##
##..###==###++##

Key:
# Wall
. Empty square
! Statue on pedestal
+ Door or gap in wall
= Stairs
b  Dwarf commander Bthur:
  HP 47, AC 14, Fort 16 Ref 14 Will 15. Forced movement -1 square.
d  Dwarf squad leader Daim
  HP 47, AC 15, Fort 15 Ref 13 Will 14. Forced movement -1 square.
o  Dwarf squad leader Oster
  HP 47, AC 14, Fort 15 Ref 13 Will 14. Forced movement -1 square.
1-9  Dwarf warriors:
  HP 1, AC 15*, Fort 14, Ref 12*, Will 14. Forced movement -1 square.
  When adjacent to a dwarf ally, AC 19 and Ref 16.
BDFPV& the player characters

DAMAGE/STATUS

Bongo Bill

• Dinosaurcerer
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: October 30, 2011, 03:50:36 PM »

[I see no need to shift before we begin.]
...but is it art?

Büge

• won't give you fleaz
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: October 30, 2011, 04:57:49 PM »

"Keep a tight perimeter," Briar advises Dog and Francisca.

Beat Bandit

• High-Bullshit
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: October 30, 2011, 07:07:56 PM »

Ampersand laughs as loudly, and manically, as he can muster to call the dwarves' attention to him. "What are you fool? Knaves?! You think the church would allow you to walk away with their sword? To hide in the city you stole it from like rats under their floorboards?" He turns as he speaks, looking around to every enemy in the room, piercing his gaze into every pair of eyes or helm, but speaking specifically to the soldiers. "Surely your commanders realize how obvious this ploy was, putting up such a meager line of defense. How quickly we found this hole you hide in and reported it to the templars. Your backs are pressed against the stone you worship, that your sweat has poured into as your blood soon will. That your family and friends will join you in when the templars soon arrive to take out their zealous retribution for your petty thefts. By the end of this night the sword will be back in its owner's hands. Turn around now and leave with your lives, and we shall do the same with the sword." With that he slowly raises his arm, revealing a drawn dagger in his hand, pointed straight at the defensive rank ahead of him, "or come at us and meet your end!"

(bluff: 5 + 8 = 13)
(intimidate: 16 + 5 = 21)

Stush

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: October 30, 2011, 08:16:56 PM »

Francisca would lift her hands up, but she's frantically jotting down notes in her notebook. She'd usually be the one trying to talk her way out of the situation, but she's still a little shocked at ampersand's sudden outburst, and figures it's probably better than she'd do anyway, hopefully.

JDigital

• Board Moderator
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: October 31, 2011, 02:44:54 AM »

Ampersand: The dwarven troops are visibly shaken by your threat. They have -1 to AC and Will for the rest of the combat.

The leaders aren't deterred. "A commendable speech, sir, but if you served under Urkas Berg in the war like we did, you would understand why we'd rather die than abandon him."

Vivi and Dog can still take a round before the dwarves' turn.

Doom

• ~run liek a wind~
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: October 31, 2011, 06:15:24 AM »

(:V I'll be off work in like 7 hours, just tell me if the group has reached consensus to fight before then.)

Doom

• ~run liek a wind~
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: October 31, 2011, 02:14:11 PM »

(:V I'M BACK... WELL GUYS? I don't want to be the guy who throws a knife at the King for the lulz, so tell me if we're fighting or if you want me to try another intimidate or a bluff or something. I'm up for either but I don't know how much you guys feel like fighting this morally ambiguous squad of guards.)

Beat Bandit

• High-Bullshit
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: October 31, 2011, 02:30:39 PM »

(Any fight you can avoid you should in my opinion. It's a lot easier to talk down scared former soldiers than it is the undead)

Doom

• ~run liek a wind~
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: October 31, 2011, 02:40:36 PM »

(Well at this point I'd have to talk down the Captains or make their men abandon them and they're Dwarves so... :V)

Lottel

• You know that's right
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #255 on: October 31, 2011, 03:01:27 PM »

(Seems to me it'd be easier to surrender and not die and then escape than it is to fight through the dwarves and then all the dwarves after that but then again, easiest isn't always the most fun)

Doom

• ~run liek a wind~
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: October 31, 2011, 03:12:04 PM »

(If we surrender we'd have to escape basically instantly or the sword is gone.)

Büge

• won't give you fleaz
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: October 31, 2011, 03:24:23 PM »

(We could wait them out until midnight? Unless we're on the clock here.)

Doom

• ~run liek a wind~
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: October 31, 2011, 11:54:06 PM »

(Now that I realize it, if Stush can talk before his initiative than Fransisca can probably win them over by asking about the legend of Urkas Berg)

Stush

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: November 01, 2011, 01:58:23 AM »

[It's not like I need my sword anyway, thing's just for show. But yeah, I should probably give diplomacy a shot, since ampersand's attempt didn't work.]

Francisca looks up from her notebook and looks into the eyes of the leader who talks. "Oh? Why would you rather die than abandon him?", she brushes her rather dishevelled hair out of her face, "Usually it takes something pretty incredible to inspire that kind of loyalty, i'd love to hear about it, it's always better to hear tales of battle than to do battle for real.", she flips the page, "I can always use more material for my book, too."

She looks at them, "We're not your enemy, I want to stay alive to write about your story, And I want you to stay alive to read about it. We mean no harm to your friend, your commander, we mean only to return the property that he unlawfully took, if we fight, we'll both lose people, you'll lose friends, I'll lose friends, and over what? A sword? It's not worth fighting over, let us go, we'll get this sorted out, without bloodshed, if we can help it, and then i'll meet up with you all later to and we can have a drink together and share stories." She looks over the soldiers, "We're not your enemy, and you and berg aren't our enemies."

She really hopes that did the job, she's not really used to talking down a dozen heavily armed dwarves.

[Rolled diplomacy with words of friendship, rolled a 3+14, so 17]

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 ... 101