Brontoforumus Archive

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This board has been fossilized.
You are reading an archive of Brontoforumus, a.k.a. The Worst Forums Ever, from 2008 to early 2014.  Registration and posting (for most members) has been disabled here to discourage spambots from taking over.  Old members can still log in to view boards, PMs, etc.

The new message board is at http://brontoforum.us.

Pages: 1 ... 31 32 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 39 40 41 ... 43

Author Topic: Vampires Vs Werewolves X: Millennium Waltz  (Read 43460 times)

gahitsu

• Tested
    • View Profile
Re: Vampires Vs Werewolves X: Millennium Waltz
« Reply #700 on: February 18, 2013, 10:43:55 PM »

Haha, motherfuckers! I called it. I called motherfucking Kazz. I was the winning PI bid.

KAZZ KAZZ KAZZ DIE YOU MOTHERFUCKING TIGGER DIE KAZZ

Classic

• Happens more often than you'd think.
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #701 on: February 18, 2013, 10:49:27 PM »

Yeah. OK...
So that's four wolves.

GG.

Romosome

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #702 on: February 19, 2013, 12:51:48 AM »

We can't do proper business with people like Kazz around, now can we?

François

• Huh.
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #703 on: February 19, 2013, 01:01:03 AM »

Yeah, Kazz, then we can get with the business of impounding the rest of Team Jacob with extreme prejudice.

Friday

• Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #704 on: February 19, 2013, 01:08:55 AM »

Though Kazz is now at lynch vote with 7 players voting for him, I will not go through with the lynch until all players have had a chance to read and post, as previously stated. If votes are removed before then, then the lynch will not occur.

Bob Loblaw

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #705 on: February 19, 2013, 06:10:31 AM »

This is a really bad call folks.  As I've said before, Kazz is a vamp and plays for team vampire.  Killing him would push for a werewolf victory. 

There's two GW's around right now.  Best to whiddle their ranks. 

Nex

Kazz

• Projekt Direktor
  • Admin
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #706 on: February 19, 2013, 06:12:28 AM »

"YES!" cried da creecha.  "I AM DA WERETIGER!"

He looked off into the distance, a single musclebound tear welling in his powerful eye.

"I come from a dimension where wolves rule the planet.  I've seen my own children plucked out of the yard and tossed around like a tennis ball.  I've seen a world beyond torture, beyond pain."

Da Creecha looked sadly back over his shoulder.

"Dat world is your future."

There's a dramatic thunderclap at this point; the lighting makes Da Creecha's deformed features look really sad.

"I came here on a mission to change da past.  To end da dominance of da werewolves, at any cost.  I was crippled after my fight with Lottel, and I haven't been able to kill another wolf since... but Gods, I wish I could."

"I shall tell you everything dat I know... and if you still choose to end my life, so be it."

He pulls out a goopy tablet and opens a snazzy application where has scrawled in monstery compu-pen:

Code: [Select]
night one: lottel izza wolf
night two: went out tonight, killed lottel my self
night three: spied on guild, he is a wolf too (ps he is dead now)
night four: frocto is the dracular (claims in topic anyhow))
night five: bob loblaw is an innosint
night six: caithness is innosint

"I challenge you to use my remaining power against da wolves.  Force them to kill me, don't do it yourselves.  I will provide you with all dat I can see."

Bob Loblaw

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #707 on: February 19, 2013, 06:13:35 AM »

Fuck yeah. 

I'm still going for Nex!

Caithness

• Hat Man
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #708 on: February 19, 2013, 07:18:21 AM »

Hmm. Letting Kazz live and killing Nex is only dangerous if Nex and Cornell are the last two wolves, there are no vampires, and Kazz has a way to find and kill Cornell tonight.

NexAdruin

Classic

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #709 on: February 19, 2013, 07:19:56 AM »

Seriously? We know that there's another wolf and we know where the Weretiger is.
We don't know how many night kills the wolves are able to fire with items.
I don't think they've got enough to make a one night swing, but everyone who's voting to off the weretiger, a team of one, when the wolves just gained in strength is either a wolf themselves or playing a huge risk.

Caithness

• Hat Man
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #710 on: February 19, 2013, 07:21:19 AM »

Seriously. Now that there are two Greater Werewolves, we can't afford to waste a lynch on someone who can be killed with other methods.

Grath

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #711 on: February 19, 2013, 08:36:13 AM »

Now that we know who the Weretiger is, that he used his night-kill already, and that we have another G. Wolf, we can certainly safely kill Nex and any/all normal wolves we find before we kill Kazz.

Kazz is a team of one who wins if we successfully eliminate a much larger team before we off him.

The werewolves are a larger team, who ALSO need to kill Kazz in order to win.

Plus, with wolfsbane gone we can now safely kill NexAdruin knowing there's at least one more wolf that we can only kill by lynching.

Kayma

• kodePunc Team
  • Tested
    • View Profile
    • http://twitter.com/kayma
« Reply #712 on: February 19, 2013, 08:41:59 AM »

so you guys are pretty sure the vamps are gone huh

Classic

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #713 on: February 19, 2013, 08:45:00 AM »

Well, I'm not, but I'm pretty sure they're the least of our worries.

Bongo Bill

• Dinosaurcerer
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #714 on: February 19, 2013, 09:03:01 AM »

Now that there are two greater werewolves, we can indeed make one of them do the job. NexAdruin
...but is it art?

Caithness

• Hat Man
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #715 on: February 19, 2013, 09:27:32 AM »

Now that we know who the Weretiger is, that he used his night-kill already,

Well, he claims to have used it already, and the evidence certainly seems to support that claim (3 kills in one night when the vampires still had the ability to turn), but I wouldn't say we know. And if Kazz still has his kill, already knows who Cornell is, and we let him live, we could be looking at a Weretiger victory.

Hmmmm. I still think I'm gonna stick with Nex.

Caithness

• Hat Man
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #716 on: February 19, 2013, 09:50:17 AM »

Friday: was Frocto Olrox, or was he a turned Dracula 2.0?

Bob Loblaw

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #717 on: February 19, 2013, 01:47:21 PM »

As it stands,

Nex
1. Classic
2. Bob Loblaw
3. Cait
4. Grath
5. Bongo Bill

Kazz
1. Nex (greater wolf)
2. Defenestration
3. Ardus
4. Romo
5. Francois

When it comes time to look at tomorrow's lynch, perhaps a glance at this list would be in order?

Bongo Bill

• Dinosaurcerer
  • Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #718 on: February 19, 2013, 04:01:55 PM »

Just remember that we absolutely need to kill Kazz before we run out of Greater Werewolves.

I don't know how close we are to the end, but if we kill a werewolf today, then the werewolves cannot win tonight. Since we must leave at least one Greater Werewolf alive, it's not possible for the innocents to win tonight either. That means it's safe to not lynch Kazz today. It will not be safe to let him survive past tomorrow, however.

Kazz should die before we find and kill the other Greater Werewolf. We can't risk accidentally triggering a premature innocent victory. The werewolves, however, don't have any reason to kill Kazz for us; a lynch spent on Kazz is a lynch we can't spend looking for Cornell. It's a dilemma.

Whoever wins the bid on the Auction House tonight will be able to decide whether or not the Assassin's Blade goes up for sale tomorrow night, and should stipulate their decision with their bid so that it isn't left up to chance. If the werewolves win that item, then they can make two kills tomorrow night instead of one - not to mention they're better able to coordinate that purchase. That would accelerate their victory clock. Any innocent bidding on the Auction House should stipulate that it should immediately be used to make the Silvery Pendant available (it can't kill Cornell but it can protect against a wolf kill). Any innocent bidding on the Assassin's Blade should stipulate that it be used to kill Kazz so that we don't have to spend a lynch on him. If Kazz is still dead, innocents should still bid on that item just to keep it out of werewolf hands. I strongly encourage innocents to coordinate on this matter!

Once Nex and Kazz are both out of the picture, the innocents can win this. In the absolute worst-case scenario, it becomes pretty close to a game of vanilla werewolf.

There are 13 players now alive, of whom the werewolves are at least two and at most five. Three werewolves have been killed so far, so the number of werewolves currently alive is one less than the number that were alive at the start (six starting wolves would be a pretty big number, but I concede it's possible - does anybody have any data on this?). If we kill Nex tonight and Kazz tomorrow, or Kazz tonight and Nex tomorrow, then in the worst case, we'll have one fewer wolf and three fewer non-wolves on day 9. In other words, there'll be 9 players and 1-4 wolves. That means we're potentially looking at requiring flawless play in order to win! That shouldn't be difficult considering how much information is out there, but then again, one of them is the Devil.

On the other hand, the werewolves know how close they are to victory. If there are 5/13 wolves now, then there will be 4/11 wolves tomorrow; if we don't kill Kazz on day 8, the wolves will have to kill him on night 8, or else a single Assassin's Dagger kill could create a situation where there are 4/8 wolves on day 9, triggering Weretiger victory. Kazz knows that and he'll surely be trying to get that dagger to make it happen. Do we want to gamble on werewolf numbers?

If any vampire is alive, kill Kazz tonight. He is not Envy; he did not buy Interceptor, so you are safe. (If he's alive tomorrow, we'll assume that either he had a teddy bear or there are no vampires.) You will not doom your side, but you will give us an extra day in which to hunt werewolves. You can still win, but you have to be alive when the last werewolf dies, and that will only happen if the last werewolf does die. The ability to survive one more mistake will help us both.
...but is it art?

Romosome

• Tested
    • View Profile
« Reply #719 on: February 19, 2013, 04:58:26 PM »

Rescind until I have a better idea of what the hell is going on
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 39 40 41 ... 43